It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Sucks Being a Chick!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: jacygirl

That actually sounds pretty good and I might have to try that.

I prefer my blender to get 4 raw eggs,some milk,vanilla and cinnamon and than I call it a protein eggnog shake.

MMMMMM I just finished eggs and BACON.....great breakfast.
No homefries or taters...my muscles need protein not carbs.

This to me screams as if it is from someone who would blow cigarette smoke in your face if you said smoking in an eating area is not on.

BACON.. capitols. Wow. Good luck with the coronary.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

You might want to avoid products that contain aborted fetal tissue in the future. You can get a complete list here:

wedonthaveitall.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">wedonthaveitall.com... /01/products-that-use-aborted-fetal-tissue-pepsi-kraft-nestle-and-more.html

It is surprising to me that vegans don't seem to think of plants as living things. I guess since they don't have a heart or brain it's okay to ingest them?
I have an image in my mind of the sou chef, a head of lettuce, and a large butcher knife!

Seriously,; if you're against ingesting animals in any form, that's okay! But if you're going to talk the talk, find out what is truly in the products you DO ingest. It's kind of scarey.....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It is surprising to me that vegans don't seem to think of plants as living things. I guess since they don't have a heart or brain it's okay to ingest them? I have an image in my mind of the sou chef, a head of lettuce, and a large butcher knife!

Now I have this image in my mind of the Annoying Orange!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just to bring the point if no one noticed.

The male chicken are discarded, not eaten, the females ones are sent to hatchery.

Meaning the male chicks are not used for anything but composite.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I have seen those videos before and there are alternatives to grounding them alive:

"In the production of layer hens, male chicks are killed directly after hatching. A number of potential alternatives for this killing have been preliminary assessed as to public acceptation and feasibility. These alternatives are:
- the screening of male eggs by looking at the freshly laid egg,
- influencing the sex by changing the environment for the chicken
- the screening of male eggs using genetic modification.

This is a project and the aim of this project is to obtain the biological knowledge necessary for proof of principle and future development of such alternatives, and to assess cost and animal welfare issues.
www.wageningenur.nl..."

edit on 25-4-2014 by Agartha because: I never proof-read before clicking send.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I couldn't open or find the webpage with your links.
It wouldn't surprise me though, I recently did a thread on The Human Hair Additive in Your Food here and was pretty surprised at the companies that do this. One of which I was sending my 3 yr old off to preschool with.
If you can fix the link or copy it completely in I would love too look.

It is surprising to me that vegans don't seem to think of plants as living things. I guess since they don't have a heart or brain it's okay to ingest them?

Are you talking about the vegans or the food they eat?
I had to say it, I make fun of my mom all the time for her vegan ways!(in a nice way of course) lol

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Just to bring the point if no one noticed.

The male chicken are discarded, not eaten, the females ones are sent to hatchery.

Meaning the male chicks are not used for anything but composite.

The male chicks are poisoned with CO2 or grounded alive.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

When I was watching the video I was thinking the same thing.
There is no easy, cheap, efficient way to do this?
I would think they could cut down on an entire assembly line process, if they could just send all male eggs somewhere else.
I wouldn't have an issue with genetically modifying the chickens to only produce females or clone them, but do I dare say it here! I think they are afraid of all the repercussions they will face from the people that stand against this technology, in force come out screaming, "the government is mutating the food chain!"
It's a very good point and seems from a business standpoint one that should not be overlooked, due to cost cutting factors.

Then again all males could be used for Balut, which is a common daily food in Southeast Asia:

edit on 4/25/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I am sure they could do something besides grounding them alive....can't they grow them for food?

Another poster said the best way is the old way, when you have chickens in your house and you eat all the eggs; he/she is correct! We had that when I was growing up and I miss it!

I really hope they can find a solution.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I see the problem is only from our insatiable taste for convenient foods.

Such is the problem faced with a growing population, though. Foods today aren't even thought of or considered by how they are produced, but they are judged merely how they look or taste (or how colorful a carton is). So companies need to produce as much as possible to compete with the growing market and corners are cut...maximizing profits.

What is the solution? Raise food and meat at home. There are some differences in how to slaughter at home but it is still necessary. We will never stray from these practices as long as big corporations pay for their products.

We are getting to accustom to relying on other people to do the work for us, and we don't see the processes until it's on Youtube. Maybe it is our own fault....but years ago this wasn't "inhumane"...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I misread the title. Thought it said, " It sucks being a child." Good thing I noticed it right away because
I don't want to see those images.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MauraDeCrapola

I am in no way singling you out, but I would think those that do not want to see the images, would also be the ones that would have the most to say about this topic.

Do you eat chicken or eggs?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Meat's meat and a man's gotta eat. I don't eat a lot of meat, and I prefer to harvest my own, but I don't believe an omnivore like a human can get all of proteins and fats it needs to be healthy from a vegan diet. I have slaughtered livestock, and taken from the wild, and it is unpleasant to me, but I did it in a way that suffering was minimal. I don't feel guilty. Some of the practices of the commercial meat industry are disturbing to me. Vote with your wallet.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the videos

I am happy to say that in this college town I eat from the Agricultural College butchers. The meat is amazing and the best part is it is cruelty-free

Amazing product and even cheaper than the store

Mostly I eat beef, pork and such
edit on 29-4-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I came upon this picture today:

Chicks thrown into garbage

...and sure enough I come on ATS and find disturbing videos. Made me pretty sad, even though I do like meat.

Don't people feel bad just a little throwing out chicks in the GARBAGE? Hell I would rather leave them out by the forest, maybe they can feed some foxes or something, but the garbage... really wtf?

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Agartha

Then again all males could be used for Balut, which is a common daily food in Southeast Asia:

Why can't they just let the male chickens grow up and use em for food? May as well feed people instead of the city dump.

Sigh...
and what about this one:

Child Labor + Dead Chickens

Pretty horrible is it not?
edit on 8-4-2015 by Topato because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2015 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I could never understand the disassociation some have over fish with this type of thought. People tend to get very upset at cows being killed but not so much for large sea creatures or tuna. Isn't it the same?

I've known a lot of meat eaters think this, but it's just daft as they should probably look to the ill treatment and slaughter of animals committed for their food rather than disassociating so quickly and looking to criticise and question others instead - i usually just see it as guilt or blame shifting. I really don't see any consistency in that approach. Just do what ever you do for your own best reasons, and if someone doesn't like tell them to take a hike... and if you feel bad about it, perhaps don't do it. It's lovely and simple really.

I used to do a fair bit of falconry a few years ago, and the birds were fed and trained with day old male chicks. They were surplus to requirements in the human food industry and were available in vast quantities for very little outlay.
We used to cut the top of the skull off, as well as the proto-talons and beak tip before setting out to fly as they could harm the hawk and falcons etc.

For the record, i don't eat meat (for a variety of jumbled and historic reasons, it just became a way of life in the end) but have no issues with other's choices and am very un-squeamish about the stuff. I'll cook it for others, cut chicks heads in half for falcons to eat, and do creative things with animal bones and stuff.

I do think the commercial meat industry is #ty, but i voted with my wallet a quarter of a century ago and moved on

I guess i am still waiting for the rest of the world to catch up at least a little bit, but inspite of the supposed boom in organics (which i have worked within in the past) i only see it as likely to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join