It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when do dreams automatically equal visions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Well, that is something I do wonder about. My dream decisions are very different from my waking decisions.
It was and has not been the first or last time I have been approaching in my sleep by people giving me weird information.
Sometimes they identify themselves as evil, but I still take what is offered. I would never do that in an conscious setting where I am awake.

I call them dream teachers though, because the few times I have had that kind of experience, it has always left me with something to validate it later. Like a premonition while in the dream, or information I know nothing about until much later when I look it up, however, I am getting side tracked off this thread.

I guess the point was that people DO indeed dream about future events.

There are lots of reasons for it, and ways I believe to trigger it so a person can experience it for themselves, but then, most people don't have the time to meditate and do the work something like that requires mentally if you want to experience it more often. The person who already has had premonitions in the past is much more likely to get it right away due to the fact that they hold no doubts that it is a real experience, for them, it is just a matter of opening up and seeing how far one wants to go with the whole ESP thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, some nice stories but i see nothing special and no proff that these people actually did what they say.

Point is, it should not be told after the dream and the event has unfold, it should be documented in a studie and there are a lot of sleep and dream studie centres around the world, and they have no proff of anything but your dreams are your subconciusness thoughts and visuals you have had while waken being processed while you sleep.

I have come arround some nice reading about all this while i search for more about it, i will go through that, might take a while but it have to be read.

I am a vivid dreamer my self and can controll my dreams in the wakeup fase for a long time and i do read my own dreams or write them, but i don't believe in future predicting dreams.

Someone said i am "closed minded", ehh not so much, just because i have different opinion doesn't mean i don't think about it and give it a chance, cause i do.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

*Standing ovation*
Bravo
*claps*

Yes, that's the problem with today's people.
Many more may be getting premonitions than we think/know of, but they simply brush it off, because of this generation's ultra hectic life style.

We are moving away from our roots and origins into the high-tech era.

(Says the woman with photoshop skills , who helps create avatars for people, but at least I still know to stop and smell the flowers, not like most other people nowadays.)

edit on 24/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 24/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

My apologies, I did not know you were a lucid dreamer and could control your dreams.

My advice is this then: Ask your spirit guides to show you premonitions.

You know kind of "Ask , and you shall receive."
It might take a while but with meditation and asking for it, anyone who is already "talented " in this area will receive it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Well, you can always learn to do it for yourself and see if you have any results.

All you really need to do is meditate in what ever way you are comfortable with, with the intent of at some point seeing future events. Either it will happen, or it won't.

I didn't use anything fancy, just a candle and allowing myself to state out loud what I wanted to accomplish and then going into a meditative state.

Within a week I was dreaming about little things that would happen the next day, so it can't be all that hard to do, if I can, anyone can. It also started me on a very interesting journey that has taken me to places and to people I would of never imagined I would encounter or see.

You can document your own experience with it that way.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That is a part of my problem now, I am letting the hectic lifestyle overrun everything else, but then sometimes you just gotta get some work done before you can play.

I was at one point a very very in tune person. To in tune, and had to learn to shut it down.
But I go through growth spurts where my attention goes back to spirit,
and then the premonitions start again.

It seems where my attention goes, so does my experience, so I can choose over a period of time whether I want to be in tune, or be out of tune, but in tune with my workload, if you get my meaning. I can kind of shut off and then make a conscious decision to start up again, and then just let it happen.

I do seem to have a problem with being both in tune with work, and in tune with myself. I can't seem to do both at once very well.
It is almost like throwing a switch between left and right brain, if that makes any sense.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

And I am sorry OP if we misdirected your Rant!

A vision and a dream are two different things indeed,
so I do hear that.

And I also do see a lot of people who post dreams thinking they are premonitions,
but only time tells if they are not,
or a really good dream interpreter who suddenly reads their post and goes
"AH! I know what that means!".

I have seen that a few times around here too.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Speaking from experience, I believe people like us get to a point/stage in our life ( for me it was when I was 22)
when everything paranormal just took over.
Too many spirits hanging around, too many visions.
It was like a system overload.
I meditated and asked for controlled proportions and that's exactly what I got.
From time to time I still get the unexpected stranger spirit asking for help, but most of the time it is mainly family now.
I think we live and learn .
And the same goes for dreams, after having had vision since I was 6 years old, I've learned to distinguish which ones were rubbish, and which ones were visions.

I even had a vision of my parents getting divorced when I was 12, and not even my mom had the slightest clue, it happened so suddenly, but when I awoke from that dream, I cried, because I knew it was going to happen and it did. And there were no signs to see this coming.
(He cheated on her, and she told me ,that she never had any clue about it.)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yes, I went through the overload as well.
I ended up finding and volunteering my time for a famous medium for several years because I needed help getting it under control and "coincidences" led me to this person and within a few weeks of volunteer work, I learned to shut it down. I was guided to where I needed to be.

So I can relate..lol

Oh and my first premonition was at around 10, by high school I was experiencing telepathy with teachers at school,and then in my late 20's I started to get into mediation and at around 28-30, I blew the hinges off my "psychic door" (it became so strong that it actually became painful if I encountered someone who had been abused or had some sort of trauma) .
It took a while to put up a new door frame.

edit on 24-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was going to come out and disagree 90% with you, but you hit a particular sore spot of mine. I've had experiences myself where I had an incredibly-realistic dream of something from my future, and wrote them down. Days, months, even years go by before I've looked over the notes, and found that while not everything took the same route, the end result was that it came true.

What I'm not too much a fan of is the "after the fact" posting - Yes, I believe that a lot of things are possible, but my scientific mind doesn't agree with making a posting such as "I saw 9/11 happen in a vision" (posted years after the event).

With that said, I'll give you an example of my own; take it or leave it (I suspect it won't convince you any, but then again, that's not my purpose). When I was at my first or second job, one night I had a dream where I was driving to work at a completely different company - The entire dream was a "full" workday at this new company. I saw my manager, and a couple other coworkers, and even worked on a couple problems. When I woke up, I wrote it down, forgot about it for a couple years, and recently (as in, last week) decided to put all my old items in a digital database - Re-found the entry, and realized that my crude 2am drawings of the office layout was the same that I was in, even with the computer facing the same direction. Coincidence? Could be, I'll at least entertain the idea; this wasn't the only time though, which leads me to at least believe my subconscious is more up-to-date with how things are running in real life than I am.

-fossilera

PS: Good Luck on the lab settings test part - Part of the problem with visions of any kind is I have yet to meet someone that has a method for producing results in a timely manner; with me, they seem to come & go.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join