It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Be Arrested For Mocking Your Mayor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Mayor of Peoria

Looks like some kid mocked the mayor of Peoria Illinois via his twitter account. Shortly after his house was raided and he was arrested for a small amount of cannabis.

Mayor Ardis and Police Chief Steve realized that they could not let such comedic twittering stand. What next? Satirical Facebook groups? Ironic Friendster profiles? A line needed to be drawn. Despite the fact that the account had been deleted by Twitter. Because how would other people know that NO ONE MOCKS Jim Ardis, unless there is an armed police response? Clearly, raiding the home of the alleged account owner was the only option and could never be construed as an over-reaction.

Of course the journalist in this is pretty bias, however, how interesting...I know a few cops from Peoria that I havent spoke with in quite some time but I will be attempting to get more on this story as if this is really true...then # mayor Ardis.

This is also why things like the NSA mass collecting is an awful idea...for those who think if you have nothing to hide its ok...here is why...you piss someone off in power...they will use every resource against you. Lets say you said an off color joke once...or had a dirty sex convo that was a bit over the top....if they have access to it...and you are in their sights...well you could be screwed!
edit on 23-4-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer

If people were arrested in Toronto for mocking Rob Ford...up to 2 million citizens would be in jails.

truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If you'd like to leave him a message on his home or cell, the information to contact him could be found here

www.peoriagov.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That's a crock. Thought the law still states you can't be arrested or even raided for that if it has to do with online, but possibly sued for libel with online reviews. But Facebook mocking? I mean really, there's plenty of types from child predators to trolls their own age attacking minors that need to be dealt with(considering they want to nanny before hand if not already reported to authorities), but Politicians get favored? He needs to be mocked en masse now. Can't raid everyone, even miles away!
edit on 23-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

This is a pretty big deal here. Ardis says he did not ask for this raid. I know him and don't belive a word he says.

He got pissy and this went waaaaay overboard. Can't wait for the lawsuits to start. The council meeting last night had a LOT of pissed off people blasting the mayor, the police and the judge that issued the warrant.

The police went full retard with their raid. Full on military style tatics over a stupid fake twitter account. This is getting ugly pretty fast around here.

I'll keep this thread updated as the fecal matter hits the fan.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

This is why I love ats...we have open source intel agents everywhere! Keep us in the loop my friend. As the article said...I dont think many new of him before all this haha.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

He's known now!lol

This story went viral a couple days ago and now people from around the world are making twitter accounts is Ardis's name. This is almost as fun as hanging out with my redneck a## and friends. Comedy Gold!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for that, already left him a voicemail.a reply to: Antipathy17

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Thanks for that, already left him a voicemail.a reply to: Antipathy17

No problem. I did the same.

top topics

join