It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb-Ass Trigger Happy Cop Has Instant Karma Moment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
With all due respect, there's no need to be condescending to me because I'm asking you to remove foul language..
I'm reminded of this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Was the "you're just as lame as this guy" and "go shoot yourself in the leg too" really necessary? I'm glad the cop ended up doing the lesser evil on accident, but the attitude in presenting this material is just poor sportsmanship.

I was actually waiting for you to come in. You didn't let me down.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

For what it's worth, perhaps the law and court's understanding of the 4th amendment is different in California than it is in Missouri. However, in Missouri, a Deputy Sheriff doesn't have the right to open closed and latched gates, to enter private back yards....to simply serve papers. This is listed as an eviction notice service, not a physical eviction process.

So.... If they want to 'go that extra effort' and violate the law in the process? Getting attacked by a dog is the price of that bad judgement. I'd feel no more or less for a meter reader or a nosy relative for that matter. People latch gates for reasons....and warrants generally come before opening them, in my experience.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What a nice story, I mean I am sorry for the officer, but that dog is just precious, I think most cops need at least a monthly psychological evaluation, it is scary , some I have run into that either have anger management issues, are rude, seem to forget they work for the citizens, remember a long time ago growing up you were told that cops were nice and you could go up and ask them directions, questions etc, try doing that nowadays you will be looked at like you are breaking the law, they are for the most part unapproachable.

The last type of individual that needs to have a weapon readily available , if you do not have the skills to manage everyday situations such as dogs barking at you, citizens filming you, more than likely police officer is not the occupation for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: AfterInfinity

lol

Oh, I don't know. It was kinda funny though.

Guess I'm just wearing a bit thin after seeing this and worse like 10 times a day in the news and nothing about it getting better, but actually getting worse. Then having people on ATS rail against it trying to say how what I just saw with my very own eyes somehow isn't what I just saw with my very own eyes. Maybe I should take some time off and go play with puppies for a while??? Ya think???

But I better do it before they're all shot by the damn police first, huh!!

It isn't what you brought to us, it's how you brought it. I'm glad the officer shot himself. I'm not glad you're getting cocky on the forums over it. I saw your other post and I'm happy you at least considered my point of view. For the record, I'm on your side, so it's not like I'm taking your head off for daring to question the authorities.
edit on 21-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Alot of people see the dog as part of the family, with shooting dogs becoming standard procedure I'm suprised there not more cops being shot.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
...while the officer decided to walk uninvited into someone's private property through the closed gate and fenced yard...

You need to keep in mind that that "private property" was no longer assigned rights to the person occupying it, and the eviction notice was created by the property owner.

In the real world, if someone continues to occupy property for which they have been ordered to leave, a dangerous dog is a potential danger to everyone, not just a Cop doing his job.

Additionally, I removed the derogatory vulgar acronym from your opening post. Perhaps in the future, you might want to apply a bit of common-sense filtering between brain and keyboard and compose a more compelling opening post. The story deserves it, but you went in the wrong direction.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Darn...he only shot his leg.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

GOOD Just what the jackass booted punk deserves.

ALSO, Yet another thread with the main reply button removed. Must be a cop as a mod or a sympathizer that does not like the truth!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

An eviction notice is a 30 day order to vacate. Meaning he is herby ordered to have himself and ALL of his property out/off of the property with in 30 days. So no for 30 more days he is still protected!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir
Alot of people see the dog as part of the family, with shooting dogs becoming standard procedure I'm suprised there not more cops being shot.

That's a major part of it there. People, for some reason, can't seem to understand the value others may have toward other living beings. My dogs are part of my family. I've spent a good deal of my life with them and interacting in a relationship with them not too different than I would with another person. Just because they're not human makes them insignificant and disposable. That's interesting if you think about it, because what happens when we use the same logic toward a LEO's Dog.

Oh yah, then it's another officer. It's not a dog then now is it, oh no. Their dogs are considered to be the same as any other officer, thereby making him actually more valued than any citizen to the Law. Why??? How is it different??? I'll tell you, it's not different, there is simply a double standard. Laws for you and laws for them and that's it. You and every other person is worthless, as are your views, your rights, everything. Don't believe me. Go shoot a police dog and see what happens. Hell, just go smack one on the butt and see what happens, besides getting your arm torn off that is.

But how many times are you aware of that police have shot someone's dog when it was not even remotely needed. I've known cockerspaniels (sp) that have been shot. Innocent families who've been raided by mistake, dogs or even people shot on accident and not even an appology. Just some chief justifying the actions on the news.

Personally, I know of more animals in this world that are more worthy of life than I know people. Humanity is the most selfish arrogant destructive unworthy animal around and the worst part is we are so in love with ourselves that even with all the horrible things we do, that no other animal would even think to do, we place ourselves above everything else with our bankrupt principles and pride. How sick and pathetic.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So let me guess whats going to happen now. Deputy cheddar bob is going to whine and complain and "Oh booo hooo, poor whoa is me, the dog made me shoot myself" and now this poor guy is going to lose mans best friend cause some barney fife was to stupid to back up out of the yard.

"freedom to the people and power to the uniform" Booooooo, Booo I say. serves him right.

-Tha Misfit

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

lmao that brought a fricken tear to my eye. bravo just bravo

a reply to: LucidLucinda

Sure. No problem.

How would you suggest that I self censor myself so that you can feel safe surfing the web at your job??? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lol!
His injuries aren't life threatening, but clearly, his brain is. Somebody please convince me that this guy is trained to carry and operate a gun. Perhaps, he was pointing the wrong end at the dog? The dog looks friendly enough, although around a pit bull I would be cautious, but I wouldn't take a gun out and shoot myself out of sheer fright. After all, the pooch might have licked him to death!
edit on 21/4/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snakedoctorjw

An eviction notice is a 30 day order to vacate. Meaning he is herby ordered to have himself and ALL of his property out/off of the property with in 30 days. So no for 30 more days he is still protected!

I don't know if he was supposed to be already out or what, but in CA the walkway to your door is usable by the public, not considered private property unless posted in a certain way.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a dangerous dog is a potential danger to everyone, not just a Cop doing his job.

Ok, but where is the dangerous dog? The video doesn't show an aggressive or dangerous dog. I see a friendly well mannered family pet, one that I might add I would hardly consider "large" as suggested by the police spokesman. It barely comes past that little boys knees. No bite marks on the deputy, apparently the dog wasn't too aggressive or it would have went after him after he fell to the ground, no proof that he was attacked, just his own self serving statement.

Notice the yard in the video? Looks pretty worn down to me, really tall fence, kind of screams "dog lives here". You'd think any officer paying attention would take notice of that and take some precautions, rather then running the risk of getting into a conflict with a unknown dog. Putting himself in a position of possibly needing to discharge his weapon not only puts the dog at risk but also other people, including the kids in the area, and rather obviously himself. I mean it is a civil matter, a little bit of perspective might be in order. Of course this is the deputy that shot himself in the foot, so I guess we can't exactly expect Colombo like thinking.

Besides the dog doesn't even belong to the person that was being served the eviction notice.

The only thing dangerous in this scenario was a Deputy who doesn't have what it takes to be out running around with a gun and a badge. He's the danger to the community, not that little pup.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What is, if any, the policy about giving the owners a chance to put their dogs away or gain control over them before an officer enters? This was an eviction serving, not a warrant for a drug dealer with guns. That particular dog, even barking did not look threatening and in fact it looked like a sweetheart and I am so glad it did not lose it's life from some jackass that likes to shoot first. I think even in search warrant situations, unless they think guns are present, should always announce themselves and upon hearing/seeing a dog, yell at the owners to keep control of their dog, or leash it up.
I do not wish harm upon people but these dogs getting shot for less than good reason is bs. These animals are family for many. Why can't they use pepper spray or even stun gun before shooting a dog, if the situation warrants it? What about one of those net guns
for dogs, maybe one specifically designed for dogs?

Karma? Sure seems like it...
edit on 21-4-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I was nicknamed "dog boy" when I was a meter reader in Houston. My job was often to clean up reads that were missed because of "bad dogs." The only defense I carried was an umbrella. I have dealt with some pretty vicious animals and have never been bit. That cop was an incompetent, trigger-happy p#ssy and got what he deserved. I hope it hurts. I'm glad the kids didn't have to see their pet shot dead.
edit on 21-4-2014 by skunkape23 because: corrected a misspelled word

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Regardless of how karma worked this out, this was attempted murder of the animal (and probably unacceptable protocol).

Hope the cosmic lesson sinks in.

edit on 4/21/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist

Now why the heck aren't THOSE standard gear in the trunk of every police unit?

It would have all kinds of uses. Not for guns, as there is nothing stopping an armed suspect from shooting you through the net ...but what about the nursing home patient awhile back, killed in a confrontation for having a knife?

Well....? Maybe they cut some, and maybe they drop it when they fall but they aren't a threat for a few minutes anyway.

Almost any emotionally disturbed person would be ideal with this as the last resort before action with injury. I think it'd wrap up most situations quick and clean, really. Pun intended.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join