It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential clickjacking (false alarm)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The past few days, I have been getting an alarming amount of these warnings from noscript on ATS.

Anything from the picture upload button, to pressing play on an embedded video has been triggering it. It never used to happen before, does it have something to do with the recent changes?
edit on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 18:44:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: adde "false alarm" to thread title

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

You might want to check your computer. I have been on here all weekend and haven't had any problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You use noscript as well?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Along with other warning programs, and haven't had any problems with any of them.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I have also had a lot of page redirects triggered by ATS clicks in the last couple of days. They took me to a site called updatlate.com which launched a pop-up telling me my Java was out of date and I should "click OK to update". Er yeah, not falling for that one.

It only seemed to launch from ATS, not any other sites I've visited.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hmmm, guess I might as well run a deep full scan with mbam then.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Old issue. I made posts about the issue several times.

Good luck getting anything changed.
All the Big Wheels told me its normal. Noting is wrong.

I can tell you from my own experience...let it go.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Mbam says I am in the green, not sure what is up. Ran ccleaner again too to make sure it wasn't my cache having issues or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I have the same issue sometimes with Noscript and youtube videos embedded on other sites. Particularly here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
if that happens when you click that upload button it is probably because the upload button is a flash object, the click on it triggering the opening of a window to select a file on your computer.

it's that interaction between flash and your os that noscript is intercepting

another proof that ats are total amateurs when it comes to web development (html5 allows now for fancy upload and there aren't anymore reasons to use flash anywhere - an "upgrade your browser" alert is the sane thing to do for those not supporting html5.

(nb: i didn't check for myself so i won't pretend i'm 100%certain, 85% though)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I use noscript and haven't had any similar issues, or any issues?
Are you using anything else in conjunction with it?

ABP, Ghostery, etc?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have never seen that popup when I click a video on facebook so far. And all the alerts was a new thing, I been using noscript for years, definately never got it here before clicking upload. ATS and youtube are whitelisted in my noscript. Don't use ghostery, can't comment on ABP.
edit on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:50:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
The past few days, I have been getting an alarming amount of these warnings from noscript on ATS.

It's plain and simple a false alarm. NoScript has recently been entering the realm of alarmist over-reactionary alerts as some kind of means to convince less-informed users that it's constantly doing something.

That alarm was received for the Jesse Ventura embedded video from Ora.TV. It uses the exact same technology as embeds from YouTube (actually, quite a bit less in terms of user-tracking), but NoScript has hard-coded exceptions for YouTube. So the alert is pointless and needlessly intrusive.

Edit to add:

I'm online a great deal more than most people, and visit a wide range of sites every day. I've never used anything in the form of script blockers, cookie blockers, and have never deleted any cookies except for testing code or forcing a reset for testing. I've never had any issues.

edit on 21-4-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join