It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

The AF currently doesn't have a dedicated EF platform. They've been spit balling it with other platforms. They've tried twice to build a dedicated B-52 jamming platform and failed miserably both times.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That must drive them crazy.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

It was their own stupidity. The Raven still had quite a few years left, but they decided they didn't need them. The same stupidity led to single seat Vipers being used as Weasels instead of two seat aircraft, which are more effective in that role.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was just going through some of my saved pics and came across this one and while gawking at it wondering I discovered something. I`m on a laptop so I can push the screen back enough to make the airframe shape easier to make out. But if you are on a desktop you might be able to do this as well. No idea about phones or tablets, I`m old school.

No way that's a B-2, the shape reminds me of a YB-49 but with sharper wingtips and maybe a single protrusion or extension of the fuselage in the centerline aft area.
edit on 1-3-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Which picture?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I think he's talking about the actual Wichita picture.

???? I'm confused too.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
(Face palm moment, everyone point and laugh) I`m looking at the same airframe but a different pic, let me try and track down where I saved it from and reference it from there so I don't show anything without permission, I thought it was the pic in the OP but its not. Pretty sure it came from this thread though.

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Maybe this?

edit on 3-3-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman This is the one I mistook the OP image, I don't have any additional info on it or where it came from. After zooming in close I don't think its the same aircraft.

edit on 7-3-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Everything I could find on that particular photo says it is one of the pics taken by Jeff Templin in Wichita. I believe that photo is shown in the embedded video in the OP's link at 1:35' mark. I'm thinking Jeff took multiple shots of the same jet at different angle and this one just isn't shown as much.

foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2014/04/so-what-were-those-secret-flying-wing-aircraft-spotted-over-texas-2946166.html
edit on 7-3-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Bingo! Thanks, I love that site. I`ll take the image down if it causes any issues of course. To me it looks like this. ATA

edit on 7-3-2015 by StratosFear because: About to F*&^ it up again.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sooo has this thing finally been declassified? I was reading some estimates from 18 months ago in this thread saying it would be declassified in 6 months to a year.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: exodus55

From my understanding of what others have written here, you're in for a disappointment. The Amarillo aircraft was (is) linked to the LRSB, potentially the Northrop prototype, so it's possible you'll get to see that relatively soon. But the Wichita aircraft is black, don't hold your breath.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Armarillo looks more Boeing than NG with its Phantom Ray platform..Wichita I think is the LRSB demo from Northrup..

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

that leading edge glow.....

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel
I love the smell of Plasma in the morning

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong (and hopefully we'll find out soon enough anyway), but I remember someone knowledgeable saying Wichita had nothing to do with the LRSB and the aircraft is deep deep black. The sighting was a genuine accident. Anyway, the Wichita bird is 100% not a cranked kite, whereas I could convince myself that Amarillo is.

Comparison

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

The Northrop LRS-B uses a new evolution of the cranked kite configuration that looks more like the "6th generation fighters" in the new Northrop ad than it looks like the X-47B.

It's sort of a halfway point between the traditional cranked kite and the phantom ray planforms.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Some days I think you guys have the memory of a goldfish.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
All the time the same old questions.
with the same answers
for Wichita for sure its not the hazard it fly over a city in the daylight making figure for everybody could see it. We still don't know why .
edit on 18-2-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join