It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
certainly looks B2-ish. i tried to bring out some more definition, with only limited results, but anyway the pic link is

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gippers
a reply to: liejunkie01

Three out of six of those aircraft were declassified before their test flights. One does not even list a declassified date which makes me question the article as a whole since I doubt Fox news would share classified information. That leaves two out of six aircraft that conducted test flights less than ten years before it was declassified. My point, these aircraft were more than likely declassified at the time of their sightings. People were just unaware they were our aircraft due to innocent ignorance. I used the link you provided to come to this conclusion and if you study it well enough, you might also.

It was just an example, although a poor one. Just look around a bit.

There can be any number of reasons as to why they would fly the aircraft the way they did in this photo in the op. We simply do not know. To say they wouldn't is a bit naive. Maybe the pilot is a member of ATS and wanted to make headlines, who knows?

Like I said early in the thread.

I think they do it on purpose.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I call them chem trail planes. There usually black and triangular shaped. a reply to: Domo1

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The exact same photo, cropped was taken in march over Texas skies
Link

Look carefully. It's the same photo, different stories and locations.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Too produce "crazy long" contrails requires them to fly in that specific altitude range for a while. There must have been a reason/purpose for doing so...

True, and true.

If you're getting a really detailed scan you want to limit altitude changes for the run.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Very interesting... what the heck is going on here?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

That's a bit weird.... thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
These look an awful lot alike. Right image from BC, Canada.

i.imgur.com...
edit on 18-4-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Looks like an A-12 Avenger but the program was canceled before any airframes were built.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Read the article carefully. David was referencing the March sighting over TX as an intro to the Feb sighting in KS.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman Thanks for pointing this out. Said article is about KS click embedded links in first paragraph for photos of the TX sighting.
Don't know their method but this enhancement (sorry not sure how to upload pics from my mobile) looks nothing like a B2.
sploid.gizmodo.com...
edit on 4/18/2014 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

originally posted by: Domo1
Local AF base was unable to ID the thing but said it may be a B2, just not one of theirs.

Well no kidding. They called McConnell AFB, and all the B-2s are based at Whiteman in Missouri. Of course it wasn't one of theirs.

As for what it is, it's a black project. Before anyone says it, it's not the Amarillo aircraft.

Not a aircraft useing that new propulsion?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I found this, what do you think? www.northropgrumman.com...-systems

Especially the video photo for UMS tab, not a B-2, but close.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The photo looks edited IMO, there looks like a rectangle under the triangle. Also looks like could be B2 Spirit, I have seen it flying and delta wing shapes can look like triangles even if one of there sides isn't completely straight, depending on the angle of it's turn and point of view.

Also looks similar to the Phantom Ray.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gippers

Because one UAV was recently declassified, and at least one major project is nearing declassification.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It looks like it, but if you look at the enhanced photo from Texas, it's a different aircraft. The wing to fuselage join area is different.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Northrop Grumman RQ-180?

I can see how that could match up. From the artists rendering, it has a cockpit window but it's a drone right?

Nvm got my answer:

The RQ-180 appears to be a follow on to the Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems project which was cancelled in late 2005 when the United States Navy (USN) wanted a carrier-based aircraft (which led to the UCAS-D) while the United States Air Force (USAF) wanted a larger, long-range global strike platform.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The artists rendering is from the TX sighting (most likely a manned bomber).
The RQ180 is completely different and most likely resembles an RQ-170 just bigger but I don't think is either the TX or KS aircraft.
edit on 18-4-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Now for that you'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
The exact same photo, cropped was taken in march over Texas skies
Link

Look carefully. It's the same photo, different stories and locations.

There is a definite difference in color scale here but those two pictures are one of the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join