It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures Of Mystery Plane Over Wichita

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Im in Springfield MO and I saw this about 7:00 this morning a two other times in the past month. The contrail is crazy long.

That's what you get with very high bypass fans and exhaust cooling. Win some, lose some.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Domo1

I'm positive it's not a B-2.

B-2 going overhead

Look at the angle of the leading edge. They're totally different.

This picture clearly shows a B2 at a significantly lower altitude. The OP's picture shows a B2 at a much higher altitude which will distort how you see the object. Look at the differences in the con trails of both pictures and it is easy to see the difference in altitude.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gippers
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. That is clearly not a B2. I see them all the time, high and low and they never look like that in sunlight, from any angle.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OatDelphi
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. That is clearly not a B2. I see them all the time, high and low and they never look like that in sunlight, from any angle.

That is your opinion and is no more valid than mine. If I just took people's word and not question their claims with reason and logic, I would just watch MSM and join the common sheeple. Please provide an argument other than your supposed frequency of sightings.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If this was posted as an UFO everyone would agree its a B2. Wth???

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I guess I'll be the point man again..TR3.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

What confuses me is how everyone could really believe that our military has went through so much trouble the past 5 decades to keep experimental aircraft highly classified and all the sudden just decides to just fly one over a populated area.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Fair enough... Does living about a hours drive from the home of the B2 count for anything?

edit on 18-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OatDelphi

Considering I could claim to live near the very same base, not really. I'm not trying to say you are a liar, but we both know people can tell stories on the internet. I believe you live near the base, but I can't just take your word for it.

edit on 18-4-2014 by gippers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gippers
a reply to: TiedDestructor

What confuses me is how everyone could really believe that our military has went through so much trouble the past 5 decades to keep experimental aircraft highly classified and all the sudden just decides to just fly one over a populated area.

There is a history of experimental aircraft sightings that were reported as ufo's.

Here is a link to our friends at Fox news with six of them.
www.foxnews.com...

The situation speaks for itself. Google these days goes a long way in the quest for information. The link above was after a 30 second search.

The plane was at a high altitude. Little information can be gotten from this.

"Yep it is triangle in design" That is about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Each time I've seen it I thought B2. A friend that works at Whiteman says they fly over this area all the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Three out of six of those aircraft were declassified before their test flights. One does not even list a declassified date which makes me question the article as a whole since I doubt Fox news would share classified information. That leaves two out of six aircraft that conducted test flights less than ten years before it was declassified. My point, these aircraft were more than likely declassified at the time of their sightings. People were just unaware they were our aircraft due to innocent ignorance. I used the link you provided to come to this conclusion and if you study it well enough, you might also.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Toolman18
Im in Springfield MO and I saw this about 7:00 this morning a two other times in the past month. The contrail is crazy long.

That's what you get with very high bypass fans and exhaust cooling. Win some, lose some.

It is a little curious though. Why not fly above the top of the contrail deck?

Too produce "crazy long" contrails requires them to fly in that specific altitude range for a while. There must have been a reason/purpose for doing so...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Boeing Phantom Ray drone : www.boeing.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

“Right over the city, clear as a bell,” said Templin. “Anyone that was looking up would have seen it. You don’t usually see military or even civilian aircraft’s jets that leave contrails making those kind of severe departures off of the given route.”

Templin says the aircraft made several; severe 180 degree turns in the sky in the shape of an “S”, even more unusual.

“Absolutely silent, no sound,” he said.

So he snapped a few photos and took it home.

“When I put it on my computer and processed them, I was surprised to see this triangular shape that is not like anything you typically see,” he said.

There has been discussion that the thing is a B2, but it's been debunked fairly well. Local AF base was unable to ID the thing but said it may be a B2, just not one of theirs.

Hoping Zaphod will pop in and tell us what we're looking at. To me the thing looks more like a B2 than any of the drones that have been mentioned as possible culprits.

Cool pictures and glad the guy was quick on the camera.

These pictures look similar to something I saw not long ago,I think over Texas. The only difference being that the back in these looks completely straight.

Link

This is exactly what I saw a year ago from my backyard in Arizona. But at night time. We have a lot of air traffic from regular crafts landing at Sky Harbor and Luke AFB. But this was different. No lights. Just a "white ghost" drifting South-East to North-East. Four of us saw it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm gonna say pilot just having fun. Can't help but notice the huge S shaped trail in the sky along with the giant NASCAR ovals. Same thing all three times. Just look up on any given clear day in the midwest and if you see some funky contrails, it's this thing. a reply to: Riffrafter

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Really tough to ID as the pic gives no real sense of size/scale.

There's a few suspects based on the outline/profile, wing angle, straight back & contrail profile.

So what looks like an Avenger but is not an Avenger?

BTW - credit for looking in the Avenger direction goes to Sammamishman in this post from the Amarillo thread:
West Texas Spanloader

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Could be the main topic on almost every forum on ATS. Why fly it over a city?

ufo indeed..

S@F
edit on 18-4-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Could be the main topic on almost every forum on ATS. Why fly it over a city?

ufo indeed..

S@F

I hope you're not suggesting it is an alien UFO. It is from this planet hence the con trails.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join