It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Lancaster coming to the UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well the Canadian Lancaster is now in UK airspace

Type is CGVRA to flight radar 24 and you can track

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The two Lancasters flew there debut airshow at Eastbourne in Sussex today. There's a Facebook page called Flightline UK and they had some picture put up so I thought or share them. The pics have copyright at the bottom not sure if that breaks any rules here on ats if so mods please edit. I picked a few of my favourite pics there's a few others

The next two I can't decide which one I like the most

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Just spotted this on Twitter, thought one or two may be interested in it? Reputedly the only time they have flown together?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
what a total badass plane

its like the ac-130 of the 50's

what a little diamond of a plane

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solidshot
Just spotted this on Twitter, thought one or two may be interested in it? Reputedly the only time they have flown together?

This is an apparent photo shop it popped up on my Facebook a little while ago. Never the less nice photo. I think I'm going to miss the chance to see these two flying

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I was hosting a family occasion at The Petwood Hotel in Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire this Sunday Past... it was the Officer's Mess for 617 Dambuster's Squadron and naturally is full of memorabilia. I was looking at some of the paintings of Lancs (many signed by the Pilots, as well as actors such as Richard Todd) and chatting with my father about the fly past that was due to go right over us later that afternoon when a nearby lady said "it's my husband that's flying them, he's spent the last 26 years working to make it happen."
She was Don Schofield's wife, the 73 year old pilot of one of the Lancs, and gradually more of the ground crew and so forth turned up. It's a really big deal amongst the folk in Lincolnshire due to the airbases that were, and still are there. The people behind this project were rightly feted by all the fellow guests and they were quite taken aback by how enthusiastic and grateful all the locals were for their great achievement in getting these planes flying and allowing so many to see them flying.

We'd been told to expect the fly-over at about 3-15 and put off speeches and afternoon tea (pip-pip!) to allow us all to see it and we waited expectantly to hear the drone that would signal their arrival, but nowt happened - eventually we had to get on with things. Obviously a few minutes later (they were about an hour later than expected) we heard them approach and we all steamed outside just to catch the tails disappearing over the trees. Bah!

Awesome to see what little we did though, and it was great to let the crews know just how much we thought of what they had done.

edit on 26-8-2014 by skalla because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla hey skalla thanks quite a touching thing what you said and who you were talking to. Near me at southend on sea airport they have a Vulcan which is being restored and I follow their page on Facebook and it's nice to see the hard work that goes into keeping the classic birds flying.

I'm so gutted I think in too tied up to get a glimpse of these planes together still desperately trying to juggle dates about just to see them

Thanks for you input

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A really good video above of the 2 Lancaster Bombers recent flypast at Dambusters Derwent Dam (21/09/2014) including live radio coms picked up on a scanner at the flypast.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join