It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Lancaster coming to the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Seems both remaining Lancasters in flying condition will be back together soon? According to the RAF website.

The last two Lancaster bombers still flying in the world will come together in a series of events this summer, in a meeting unlikely to happen ever again.

The Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (RAF BBMF) based at RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire will welcome the arrival of a very special guest during August 2014 when the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (CWHM) fly their prized Avro Lancaster to the UK for a month long visit.

www.raf.m... od.uk/news/archive/raf-bbmf-to-host-canadian-warplane-heritage-museum-lancaster-during-visit-to-england-24022014

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Hey I read about this a little while ago. Desperately trying to get to one of the venues. If I can I'll get some pics and post them when the time comes. Also your link is knackered

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I'm also desperate to see the two together, and hopefully will get a chance.

Link fixed here for people to see.

www.raf.mod.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think my old man will like to know and see this!

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Wow! My Dad was a navigator in a Lancaster during WW2. He ended up with burst ear-drums. Sadly he died a month after I was born so I never got to hear about his experiences except 2nd hand stuff. Would love to see where he worked.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
anybody read "the dambusters"?
well worth it for lanc fans

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
They fly ours over Cumbria on a regular basis, quite low too....I can't even describe the feeling when you hear the engine, one of the greatest sensations in the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Awsome news. Must have missed that news from the BBMF facebook updates.

Anyways, here's a link to the 70th Anniversary Dambuster flypast post Linky

Would love to get a flight in one!! Just not rich enough :-(

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

woogleuk
They fly ours over Cumbria on a regular basis, quite low too....I can't even describe the feeling when you hear the engine, one of the greatest sensations in the world.

Which is one of the reasons why I want to see the two flying together. I could never imagine the noise during world war 2 when all the bomber took off or a fleet of bombers in the sky. Just think 8 of those engines making their noise. I've got to see these

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Aye, this is something I'd love to see

The BoB Flight always gives goosebumps, but two Lancs together? Wow!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Bumping an old thread. The Canadian Lancaster is now airborne starting it's transatlantic crossing. Was meant to leave yesterday but engine number 2 failed to start so they had to do some work. If you use flightradar24 type CGVRA into the search bar and you can track it.

Some more information here www.airshows.org.uk... t-eastbourne-airshow/

I myself am trying to get to an airshow with the two lances flying probably won't get to see it ever again. Anyway sorry for the bump just thought is give enthusiasts a heads up. You might even live where it flies over

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I love to see old school prop planes buzzing around overhead.

The amount of guns they put on those is astounding, its like the WWII version of the C130 spectre - when one shows up in your area and you hear that buzz you GTFO son because thats a serious peice of kit and it WILL tear you to shreds.

edit on b17171001 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
Haha yeah I saw the British based lanc (I think it's british based) last month at an airshow I forgot how good big and noisy they were. There's an airshow not far from me this month gonna twist someone's arm to take me there

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Does anyone know how long the Canadian Lanc will be staying in England and will it visit anywhere in Europe?

LEE.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They auctioned off the chance to be a crew member for the flight over from Canada.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
Does anyone know how long the Canadian Lanc will be staying in England and will it visit anywhere in Europe?

LEE.
As far as I know mate they are only flying in the UK through the month of August and maybe start of September. I don't know if there are any European events it will be attending

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They auctioned off the chance to be a crew member for the flight over from Canada.

Yeah I heard about that I think it eventually went for something between 40-50,000 dollars (Canadian I presume) if only I had that laying around I would of been well up for that

It's a slim chance but one day of RIAT next year falls on my 30th birthday I've been pestering the red arrows for a birthday treat and keep asking for a ride in the back seat of a hawk

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The lancs 7 and half hour flight to Iceland apparently went smoothly. Landed at Keflavik yesterday and due to take a small flight to Reykjavik for a public display. It's due to leave Iceland early Friday morning to arrive at RAF Coningsby for around 13:30 BST. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is near by and here's a little pic I stole from Facebook of it landing yesterday

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Who would think that aircraft could carry a 22,000 pound bomb! amazing.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
was looking at its tour guide yesterday and it says they will both be flying over ramsey and peterborough on 17th august and fingers crossed they might go over my house, in which case il post video and/or pics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join