It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pyramid in the Middle of Nowhere Built To Track the End of the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

The thread title is a bit misleading as this complex has been around since the 60's and there are a couple existing threads here I will link to . This is the actual article title for T&C purposes. I created this thread because I had not seen the photos and schematics before and thought you all might find it as interesting as me. I am not however going to rehash missile defense and who would win a nuclear war etc. because you may participate in those other threads for that.
Link

This is the Stanley R. Mickelsen Safeguard Complex in Cavalier County, North Dakota.

The Safeguard Program was developed in the 1960s to shoot down incoming Russian intercontinental ballistic missiles. Built at a cost of 6 billion dollars in Nekoma, North Dakota, the site was a massive complex of missile silos, a giant pyramid-shaped radar system, and dozens of launching silos for surface-to-air missiles tipped with thermonuclear warheads.

Safeguard

The circles on the Pyramid are ominous looking. One article says it looks like the death star. Anyone agree?
This complex wreaks of our mutually assured destruction policy that began in the 50's. I encourage anyone interested to look at the other photos in the links provided.

Aerial view of the entire complex

Some interesting comparisons exist in the title article comparing the main missile command structure to Chichen Itza and in comments to the RAF Fylingdales Early Warning Radar in Yorkshire, England.

I guess what struck me first was the word PARANOID but who could blame the thought at the time. My grandparents built a bomb shelter. Geez.

I hope that maybe there is an ATS member who has actually been on sight that could give us a bit of insider info on this complex.

Have a great Day ATS!

Above Top Secret

Above Top Secret

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow thats some facility.

You know im such a geek the first thing that popped in my mind was "forest moon of endor".

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Biigs
Wow thats some facility.

You know im such a geek the first thing that popped in my mind was "forest moon of endor".

There is never a bad time for Star Wars reference! Thanks for popping in Biigs

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

The pyramid shape would allow it to survive the blast from anything except a direct nuke hit. The other option is to bury structure. I get why it's shaped like a pyramid, but I don't get why they just didn't bury everything instead. Cool find man, I had no idea this thing existed despite touring nuke sites up in ND.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The pyramid with the circles makes me thing of the phrase "eyes wide open". The lower pyramid makes me think of some temple to Mars or the Sun. Imagine what primitive people would have thought if they had seen those. When they saw military runways with control towers they actually tried to replicate them (the cargo cult stories).

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's just a coincidence that this highly complex structure looks like a pyramid. It was probably just someone who wanted to make it intriguing that organized the construction. The Ancient people could have never known that this shape is very good for any energy type of technology. Their designs just happen to look like circuit boards and complex government installations by coincidence.

Nah, nothing to this....They would not hide anything like this from the people. It is our government, they never deceive us.

My daughter saw a weird shaped structure in the East also, on some air base that had guards and fences. I can't remember where she was working at the time, she was afraid to stop and take pictures of it.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

rickymouse
It's just a coincidence that this highly complex structure looks like a pyramid.

I agree. It is simply a symptom of its function. Much like the RAF facility the Radar dish on each side was huge and powerful and they needed it to "look" in all directions.
Thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It does make one wonder...whom copied whom first. The Egyptians, Mayans, The ones before them....

I guess some structures and shapes just hold up to the test of time, better than others.

Good find OP. Star and Flag for bringing this to the ATS buffet table.

Des

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

howmuch4another

rickymouse
It's just a coincidence that this highly complex structure looks like a pyramid.

I agree. It is simply a symptom of its function. Much like the RAF facility the Radar dish on each side was huge and powerful and they needed it to "look" in all directions.
Thanks for the post.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Its size is certainly something of note, i mean that things pretty huge. I guess if you want to hear a long way you sometimes simply need big ears and not necessarily better ones. Bigger can be simply better.

Would the Giza pyramid have lasted all these years and earthquakes and storms if it wasnt made from several million huge stone blocks?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Awesome find! Very interesting.

Pyramids are nuke proof? Hmmm.. that could be somehow possible i guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have to say that does look like some kind of Star Wars building. As for the slants themselves, it reminds me of this other Air Force building that is in use in the Space Surveillance Network (SSN). USAF SITE C-6

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

hitparader
I have to say that does look like some kind of Star Wars building. As for the slants themselves, it reminds me of this other Air Force building that is in use in the Space Surveillance Network (SSN). USAF SITE C-6

Indeed! THAT is huge. Your link states that it makes up 30% of the global SSN. Talk about powerful. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

The slanted walls help direct the blast upwards instead of the energy being transferred fully to the wall if it were flat... simple physics really. BTW I never said proof, and no it won't survive a direct hit like I also said. I was obviously referring to the massive pressure wave that results from the detonation. Check out other nuke defensive and offensive structures. Even missile silos have slanted walls so they too can survive indirect hits and launch their payload.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Take it for what you will, I've seen a pyramid with a flashing red eye during an OBE. The closest thing I can come up with was that it looked like the pyramid in the back of a US NOTE. Seeing your post just adds it up for me.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i just google earthed nekoma north Dakota and the complex is still there but by the looks of the tarmac it looks like its been abandoned years ago, and not a single vehicle anywhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by arielsdad

Hey Thanks for the reminder I didn't include the GE coordinates.

For those Google Earth users that want a peak....

48º35'21.83 N 98º21'23.81 W

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The only reason that they used a pyramid shape for mounting the radar is one of function. You want coverage on all sides, so you need four sides. If one uses a square, then the waves will be travelling parallel to the ground at a relatively low altitude. So what they did is use a pyramid shape, which allows the radar dishes to be angled towards the sky, where they can detect incoming targets.

As far as ancient cultures having similar looking pyramids, there are only so many ways one can design the shape of a pyramid. So I think this is sheer coincidence, as a pyramid is a common geometrical shape, and is bound to be hit on by various cultures, both past and present.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, if it is not being used, is it for sale?

Make a great house. Just imagine the slippery dip you could put in. \

Weeeeee!

You should ask, have it as an ATS clubhouse. Ideal!

Also good place for the next rock concert, you know, to celebrate the end of the World.

It happens that often now you could make a fortune.

P

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

pheonix358
Well, if it is not being used, is it for sale?

Make a great house. Just imagine the slippery dip you could put in. \

Weeeeee!

You should ask, have it as an ATS clubhouse. Ideal!

Also good place for the next rock concert, you know, to celebrate the end of the World.

It happens that often now you could make a fortune.

P

I would love to have found the underground schematics. In the aerial view you can see the entrance to the underground missile storage. Some of those converted missile silos people have done are pretty ingenious so this is a possible entire neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If one really researches the pyramids of Giza, no one really knows how old they are. Ive heard 16-90,000 years from independents. Who knows what could have happened way back then. After the IRAS satellite pics back in 1986 we can see what looks like ancient blasts that coincide with atomic bombs of the present and do not coincide with meteor strikes. We don't even know for sure what is happening today because of the lies much less thousands of years ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join