It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A huge object is filmed impacting and bouncing off the Moon - no one bats an eyelid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I found it really difficult to see the objects bouncing as they were too small, but I did see: they reminded me of a skipping stone on water, which is impossible considering we are talking about asteroids and a hard surface (moon).

And what's baffling is also the velocity of the object!

I really hope somebody can explain what's shown on the video. Thanks for sharing! S&F!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I thought I saw the appearance of impact craters in relation to the object "skipping" across the surface?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

I thought I saw the appearance of impact craters in relation to the object "skipping" across the surface?

No. That's ridiculous and that's not what lunar impacts look like. You saw black spots from where the "object" had been in front of the moon earlier in the video. Again, that can be caused by the compression his video was undergoing and/or temporal denoising routines.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Agartha

And what's baffling is also the velocity of the object!

Well from what I can see on this dreadful video it is crossing the apparent diameter of the moon in three or four seconds.

So that's what, about 1,000km per second, give or take, or about 2 million miles per hour.

.... or alternatively, a bird a few thousand feet up going at a few tens of mph

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Antipathy17

wildespace

Damn... All those people saying this site is going down hill may be right! Look he didn't even have time to post more than a topic.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

Beware, the video is showing a real object. Otherwise the poster wouldn't have a real reply from David Aguilar.

David A. Aguilar
Director of Public Affairs
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
617-495-7462
[email protected]

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Rob48

Well from what I can see on this dreadful video it is crossing the apparent diameter of the moon in three or four seconds.

So that's what, about 1,000km per second, give or take, or about 2 million miles per hour.

.... or alternatively, a bird a few thousand feet up going at a few tens of mph

Exactly! I am not an astronomer, just a curious person, but that looked too fast even for me.

Can birds look like asteroids impacting? (or bouncing)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Beware, the video is showing a real object. Otherwise the poster wouldn't have a real reply from David Aguilar.

That still doesn't mean he can't be deceitful with his videos.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Trueman

Antipathy17

wildespace

Damn... All those people saying this site is going down hill may be right! Look he didn't even have time to post more than a topic.

David A. Aguilar
617-495-7462
[email protected]

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

David Aguila. confirmed nothing other than he forwarded the information to Sky And Telescope magazine. in others words Aguila said,don't bother me with this.
edit on 12-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Trueman

Antipathy17

wildespace

David A. Aguilar
617-495-7462
[email protected]

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

Beware, Darkskywatcher is a liar. David Aguilar, Public Affairs officer, was contacted for confirmation of this claimed endorsement of DSW's video as a "real impact." Turns out DSW was lying again.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Exactly. Any fool with an email address can email anyone they like. And if you can't recognise a polite fob-off reply when you see one...

The recent meteorite that struck the moon was travelling at less than 40,000 mph. That is 50 times slower than this supposed object appears to be travelling, and it didn't do the hop skip and jump either.

m.space.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Turns out DSW was lying again.

And people wonder why youtube is becoming a bad source for credible info.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

Trueman

Antipathy17

wildespace

David A. Aguilar
617-495-7462
[email protected]

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

David Aguila. confirmed nothing other than he forwarded the information to Sky And Telescope magazine. in others words Aguila said,don't bother me with this.
edit on 12-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

He didn't say that, you said that. Misleading post.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

ngchunter

Trueman

Antipathy17

wildespace

David A. Aguilar
617-495-7462
[email protected]

www.cfa.harvard.edu...

Beware, Darkskywatcher is a liar. David Aguilar, Public Affairs officer, was contacted for confirmation of this claimed endorsement of DSW's video as a "real impact." Turns out DSW was lying again.

Good job !

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

tsurfer2000h

Turns out DSW was lying again.

And people wonder why youtube is becoming a bad source for credible info.

"Becoming"?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think it must be SPACEBALLS!

The jury is out.......so im sure ernest debunkulators will arrive soon with their slide rules and shirt pockets stuffed with pens....

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Trueman

He didn't say it in so many words, but like I said, if you can't recognise a polite fob-off when you see one...

I've worked in media offices where I had to deal with inane/lunatic enquiries. Saying "I've passed it on to X and if they have any queries they will be in touch" is Fob-Off 101. Been there, seen the letters in purple ink, got the T-shirt!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

ok you go on and believe that. it was a nice polite way to blow someone off, the guy even say he avoids talking about what it could be in the video, after 5 days. don't you think that if david a thought it was something he would have responded sooner and had something to say about what it was.

some people are just so blinded by their wants that they can't see what is right in front of them. or down right lie.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can't see much on the video, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means that I cannot see what he is talking about. I would think they could be debris from a comet or asteroids coming in at a low angle and bouncing around. It doesn't have to be much more than that if it is doing what he says it is. It could be bouncing along the surface and coming to rest or being tossed back into space.

I don't see a conspiracy, it will take NASA months to analyze this to find out what it is. That is not unusual, they won't make a quick reply, they need to evaluate it. It's kind of neat that he did recognize something was there.

S&F Can't wait to see if something comes out of this later on.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

NASA is not analyzing it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join