It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The lesson of Ruby Ridge is a sniper putting a bullet through the neck of an unarmed woman while she held a ten month old baby.

The lesson of Waco is a band of government troops murdering and burning to death a building full of kids.

Indeed lessons were learned. If the government wants something they will murder men, women, and children to get it.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The lesson of Ruby Ridge is a sniper putting a bullet through the neck of an unarmed woman while she held a ten month old baby. The lesson of Waco is a band of government troops murdering and burning to death a building full of kids. Indeed lessons were learned. If the government wants something they will murder men, women, and children to get it.
I think they are regarded by gov't as epic failures.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
reply to post by projectvxn

So long as Americans have Second Amendment rights, law enforcement officers will need to assume that they are in a potential firefight and make tactical decisions based on the likelihood of armed conflict. Do you have a problem with either part of the equation?

I must take exception to your observations. The Second Amendment has been around a long time. '" officers will need to assume " Wrong assumption, when the gang shows up armed to the teeth they have needlessly escalated the intimidation factor far beyond a reasonable level. How about knocking on the guys door. " Sorry my friend but we gotta take you in." This fellow is not a crazed drug lord with a killer mentality. As indicated by the OP this has now become a Military Operation with all the associated TOYS. Overkill, simpletons playing a deadly game. Complete overt stupidity by our alleged Peace Officers. Nothing good comes from scenarios of this nature . Waco, Ruby Ridge, Katrina ( six thugs beating on granny ) Boston (Armored Personal Carriers parading through the neighborhood ) and most certainly more on the horizon. Utter NONSENSE !

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbogWhen everybody is (potentially) armed, it becomes incumbent upon authority to have bigger guns. Seems like a no-brainer.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'd suggest " Bigger Guns " is a gross understatement. The Op stated this operation is akin to military SOP.

A quick heads up. This ain't a MILITARY OPERATION ," seems like a no -brainer "
However, if you believe this is and appropriate government response okay with me. Additionally I do not believe the gov feels Ruby Ridge etc were epic failures. Hell ! They appear to be building up to yet another moronic OP. One is currently hard pressed to make a distinction between Cops ( Swat & Riot Police ) vs a standing Military. This is not okay in my book. Your mileage may differ. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I understand your perspective. I really do. I am active duty and just got home from a deployment. I have recent experience in military operations and how the military functions.

I also know that the timeline of this story does NOT lend itself to the narrative you're attempting to illustrate.

The feds showed up armed to the teeth to round up trespassing cattle and collect on an outstanding bill. They then proceded to set up a ROZ which effectively blockaded news helicopters. They roughed up protesters and Bundy family members using tasers and K9 police dogs. Then armed militias started showing up because the feds were behaving like they wanted another Ruby Ridge.

It was the feds that showed up armed with itchy trigger fingers.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I understand your perspective. I really do. I am active duty and just got home from a deployment. I have recent experience in military operations and how the military functions.
I certainly respect your take. I'm just speaking as an interested observer. I like the States and Americans, and look forward to my next visit in June.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I know. Its all good. I always enjoy debating stuff with you. You always seem to be a great "devils advocate" as it were.

People from Americas hat are always welcome.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Interesting viewpoint. The situation never developed to the need for actual military involvement on the ranch, owner or the protesters. It could have though. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Move (Chicago) SLA, Black Panthers, MLK (marches, assassination) All these had a military outcome. Are you surprised? What do you think you are doing for the government?

Glad to see you waking up.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join