It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Illinois "Law Enforcement" Ridiculously Under-Trained, and Apparently Bored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Link error. Quoted from "the Daily journal":

Jeff Bonty
[email protected]
815-937-3366 | Posted 16 hours ago

"A 56-year-old Kankakee man was arrested Monday after he allegedly refused to stop smoking in a bar, and then put the responding Kankakee police officer in a headlock.
Mark A. Randall was charged with several offenses, including aggravated battery, disarming an officer and resisting arrest. The incident occurred at a bar in the 500 block of South Washington Avenue.
According to a police report, the responding officer, who was dispatched at 3:26 p.m., attempted to use a baton to ward off Randall.
Instead, Randall placed the officer in a headlock.
On his way to the county jail, Randall allegedly said he would give the officer $10,000 to let him go."

I want to be clear here, I’m not attempting to slam Police Officers as an entire group. Many “groups” are judged here, which absolutely cannot be held responsible for the actions of a few, any more than as a white man, I wish to be held responsible for the slavery of African Americans. Most of my family were not even here yet at that time.

Anyhoo, point is, we have a very limited set of choices when it comes to viewing this particular situation:

Here are the only 4 possibilities I can see:

A - This officer is EXCEPTIONAL at his job. He did everything he was supposed to do and the mission was accomplished. The goal was to be headlocked by an old drunk.

2 - He had a bad day. Sometimes a 54 year old can take you by surprise, even if he’s a drunk smoker. “I guess it’s not so bad for your health after all, but the law is the law, and don’t you dare ask why or I’ll try to arrest you, please don’t put me in a headlock for doing so, because I am more out of shape than your 54 year old drunken smoking carcass of a body.”

D - $4!+ happens?

1 - Fired immediately. What DIDN”T happen in the officers’ training? Fire the trainer too. Seriously.

If anyone has a letter 3 or a number F to add, please post immediately.

Thank you.

edit on 10-4-2014 by KAOStheory because: link error

edit on 10-4-2014 by KAOStheory because: Link error -quoted text

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

I get a feeling this is another of these " whatever the police do is wrong " threads

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Thank you for the chuckle. This is the funniest thing I've read regarding cops in such a long time.
Now where's the ciggie icon?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, humor aside...

Being a cop doesn't give you superpowers. Neither does "training".

This officer probably will be ridiculed, (wait a second, HE IS being
ridiculed) but I sau he showed marvelous restraint.

And the reason is because that gun on his hip as supposed to be the
ultimate equalizer in situations like this--and he didn't use it.
He took his lumps, fought his was into control of the situation
and instead of a discharged firearm and a dead guy, we have a cop
in need of a gym and a drunk guy who learned a lesson...
edit on 10-4-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

His possibilities list let out one solution that can explain the whole business that went down badly.
He left out the very recent police tactic of firing multiple rounds into the perp to put an end to the lawlessness once and for all!
That step, out of page one of the recently drastically shortened manual entitled "How to Respond to Any Crisis," involves not directly putting your hands on the perp, leave that to the coroner.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

This officer sounds like a normal person, bravo, I have to give him credit for not shooting up the place over a cigarette as might be otherwise expected.

In case anyone was wondering, that is the crux of the story here by my estimation.
edit on 10-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I agree. I would have titled the thread : Man puts cop in headlock and lives to tell the tale.

I'm actually surprised the entire force wasn't there. It was rather refreshing to read that there's a cop who used his baton first and not his firearm.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

He didn't draw his weapon and discharge soon enough.
The LEO training manual is being down-sized due to pension costs.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe it was Jasun Borne, twin brother of Jason.. And he offered a payment of 10k as a bribe not to be reported on the news to alert his whereabouts!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Absolutely. Very good point. I stand corrected! Kinda wanna buy that officer a beer now.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
That seems like a great officer in my opinion. They're trained these days that if there's even a chance of them being overpowered, to put you down and make sure you never get up again. That cop got overpowered, regained control of the situation, and did it without killing the other guy.

Really, I don't understand how there's any complaint about this. The guy did what any good cop should do.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

While I'm not real happy with our "overly militarized police" with combat tech, I DO think our domestic police need to protect themselves, and be able to handle increasingly complex criminal activities. This just happened in California:

www.usatoday.com...
3 CALIFORNIA SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES SHOT (2 KILLED) AT DIFFERENT TIMES IN SIX-HOUR, ONE-MAN CRIME SPREE

And although I applaud new technology to aid law enforcement, sometimes Hi Tech isn't the blessing it seems at first. Here's an example:

news.yahoo.com...
CALIFORNIA START-UP UNVEILS NEW GUN TECHNOLOGY FOR COPS
"A Silicon Valley start-up has developed technology to let dispatchers know when a police officer's weapon has been fired."

This seems to be a good idea, and could help in confusing and confrontational episodes where "who shot first" becomes the crucial lynchpin if/when the case goes to court. But I'd like to hear from some law enforcement readers of ATS. Do you think this would help or hinder in confrontational episodes where criminals and law enforcement all seem to be shooting at the same time?

edit on 25-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: correction

top topics

join