It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot and Kill Man for Watering Lawn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

So he was having a good time doing a boring chore..... Ya lets shoot him, total danger to society.

I bet the police gave him a chance to drop his "weapon" before they opened fire

You still think he had a weapon.... he was watering his lawn, and his neighbors THOUGHT he had a gun.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I thought this seemed familiar. I'm pretty sure this was already posted on ATS.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Sir! Place the waterhose on the ground and take 2 steps back so that I don't fear for my safety that I myself walked into. Water is dangerous.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sremmos80

So he was having a good time doing a boring chore..... Ya lets shoot him, total danger to society.

You still think he had a weapon.... he was watering his lawn, and his neighbors THOUGHT he had a gun.

Why do you think I used quotes?

Of course he didn't have a weapon.

(wow.)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
deleted...

edit on 9-4-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by Krazysh0t

No.

I'm saying someone called the police.

Do you think a cop drove by, saw the guy watering his lawn, called in back up then shot the guy twelve times?

Why because he was using too much water?!?

There was a reason.

Period.

If there had been a legitimate reason, you can be sure the victims family would not have been awarded millions of dollars and the Msm would have made sure to print those reasons regardless.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And yet we have a huge group of people in this country that think that giving goons like these cops a monopoly on firearms is a good idea.

I do NOT trust cops. Never will.

As a uniformed soldier I don't even trust the MPs on base.

The kind of mentality it takes to be a cop these days is scary to me.
How they train cops is scary to me. My biggest fear is that one day
one of these morons with a badge is going to try to hurt me or my
family. And on that day I will either be dead or in prison.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

strawburry

This is great! Next time I am in America, and some guy on his front lawn pisses me off, I shall call the cops and act like I saw a gun and fearful for my life.

Sit back, watch as the guy gets pwned by cops with the IQ of a cabbage.

Great way to clean up the neighbourhood.

I walk, the cops walk, bad neighbour carried out.

Great way to get away with murder, by getting the stupid cops to do it for you, they're much better at covering it up than I would be

Victim: GET OF MY LAWN!
Me: O RLY!

edit on 9-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

Hmm.... So if i wanted someone "taken care of" but am to poor to hire a hitman this would be a good second choice. Why do something that costs $10,000+ when the tax payers can do it for you!

God Bless Merica.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Not long ago there was an issue with online hackers and others doing what is called "SWATING". It's when someone makes a frantic call to the police describing a situation that will defintiely get the SWAT team called to your house.

People were doing it to political figures they didn't like I believe.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

This reads to me that the cops gave this man a chance to drop what they considered a "weapon" ( see I know what they mean :cheers
before opening fire

Are you ok with cops having that type of mentality? That they can assume anything in some one's hand is a "weapon"?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

More evidence that police examinations should include intelligence testing with full psych evaluations every 6 months or so.

Same for teachers I think. Which means raising the budgets. lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

All I can say is I'm sorry I voiced my opinion.

In the future I will follow the flock and behave as a mindless drone.

In your ultimate wisdom the members of ATS have convinced me that all police and every section of all the governments of the world are evil entities.

I thank you.

There was a time I held my own beliefs and thought for myself. It is so much easier to "go with the flow".

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

minusinfinity

In your ultimate wisdom the members of ATS have convinced me that all police and every section of all the governments of the world are evil entities.

I thank you.

There was a time I held my own beliefs and thought for myself. It is so much easier to "go with the flow".

Yeah, that makes SO much more sense than simply reading an article to base your beliefs/opinions upon. Thats WAAAAAY too much work I bet.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sremmos80

This reads to me that the cops gave this man a chance to drop what they considered a "weapon" ( see I know what they mean :cheers
before opening fire

Are you ok with cops having that type of mentality? That they can assume anything in some one's hand is a "weapon"?

Of course not but if you're holding a hose nozzle, a flashlight, a pen, a baby, or a puppy and a cop tells you to drop it while he points a pistol at you then you drop it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

minusinfinity

I thank you.

I don't believe police are evil. I have friends on a few different police forces. But if you Are confronted with armed goons and if you do not defend yourself you or your loved onesi may likely die What would you do?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And if I don't they can shoot me...??
Why? What immediate danger would I pose to them with anything you just listed?
Cause at the end of the day it is me that is the weapon and what ever is in my hand is just an extension of me.

The man was not under arrest, he didn't need to drop a thing. He didn't even need to talk to the cops
edit on thWed, 09 Apr 2014 16:42:24 -0500America/Chicago420142480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

A few things.

First, I thought this was fake. I immediately scrolled to the bottom to read their "satire" disclaimer. But it wasn't there. This is real news! This really happened!

Two, of course the Police Chief thinks they're innocent. I was not surprised at all to hear they were cleared in an internal investigation. Bravo for the members of the jury in standing up to this behavior and setting limits on their employees' behavior.

Third. "Honey, I can't water the lawn because the police will shoot me!"

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

minusinfinity

I thank you.

You know there is such thing as middle ground and calling bad cops what they are...bad cops.
These were bad cops, there are other like them.
I met 3 good cops the other night, they even apologized for taking so long to get to the call
Workers at a nursery down the street got drunk and got in a fight, guess it got ugly, one of them came over to our house since he had no phone

See.. Middle ground
edit on thWed, 09 Apr 2014 16:47:51 -0500America/Chicago420145180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

What you said dashen, it makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

minusinfinity
Of course not but if you're holding a hose nozzle, a flashlight, a pen, a baby, or a puppy and a cop tells you to drop it while he points a pistol at you then you drop it.

Unfortunately - if you'd bothered to read up on this - they didn't shout anything at all. Not even a "Police!" They just blew this poor sap away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join