It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot and Kill Man for Watering Lawn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by Advantage

Maybe he was "innocent" then why were the police called?

Wow. Really? REALLY?

I often joke that people like you exist. People who assume you must be guilty if cops are talking to you or that being arrested means your guilty and that all trials are a waste because if you were arrested you're clearly guilty and all defense attorneys are scum because obviously all defendants are guilty.

But to actually know people like you exist?

I just hope you're being sarcastic. Yeah, that's it. You're just being sarcastic. That'll help me sleep.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by dashen

Sorry.

I didn't mean to call you an idiot.

People who fire at officers are what they are.

Why would you be in a situation where police would feel the need to shoot at you?

Never in my life have I experienced a time where I was taking cover from police gunfire.

I do not know why police run up unprovoked and kill people. But sadly there is a huge and ever-growing list of such cases. Just hit the ats search button.

a

edit on 9-4-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

No.

I'm saying someone called the police.

Do you think a cop drove by, saw the guy watering his lawn, called in back up then shot the guy twelve times?

Why because he was using too much water?!?

There was a reason.

Period.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

Have you considered the possible "Altered State of Mind" His Neighbors were in to think that he was Wielding a Gun?
His Neighbors could have wanted revenge on him.and they got it.

Someone please find and post information about the neighbors?

Were they old with terrible sight?
Was there a feud between them?
Was his neighbor pissed that he lives next to a stoner?

Two side of a Coin here ATS'ers.
Regards,
edit on 9-4-2014 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

minusinfinity

Wow. Really? REALLY?

I often joke that people like you exist. People who assume you must be guilty if cops are talking to you or that being arrested means your guilty and that all trials are a waste because if you were arrested you're clearly guilty and all defense attorneys are scum because obviously all defendants are guilty.

But to actually know people like you exist?

I just hope you're being sarcastic. Yeah, that's it. You're just being sarcastic. That'll help me sleep.

Enjoy your nightmares and restless sleep. I wasn't being sarcastic.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

And that reason was explained in the article as well as by several people in this thread already. His neighbors saw him holding a spray nozzle, thought it was a gun, and called the police. Maybe while he was high, he was pretending it was a gun and making gun noises and motions, but that STILL isn't a justifiable reason to call the police.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

minusinfinity

No.

I'm saying someone called the police.

Do you think a cop drove by, saw the guy watering his lawn, called in back up then shot the guy twelve times?

Why because he was using too much water?!?

There was a reason.

Period.

Do you read any of the posts here.. or the article you are speaking about?? Your question has been answered... more than once.

I realize youre new, but if you cant read an article in order to discuss it.. youre going to have problems.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You haven't considered that his neighbors could have been "disturbed mentally" to think that a stoner would water his lawn with a gun?

So how do we know he was watering his lawn? By Other Neighbors, Who Clearly Saw that He Was Spraying H2O on Grass.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

DestroyDestroyDestroy

minusinfinity
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Okay I did a quick search and discovered that this happened in 2010. Why are you posting this four years after it happened?

The family of a man fatally shot by Long Beach police in 2010 was awarded $6.5 million in damages by a federal jury on Thursday.

ktla.com...

Could it be your source looks for anything in the news only to make people angry with the government?

The police were wrong but....

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

Get the whole story before you jump 2 conclusions.

The case was recently settled, hence the family getting 6.5 million out of it. This is the first time that I've heard about it.

Regardless of his mental and physical state at the time of the shooting, he posed no actual threat to the cops. Shoot first and ask questions later is cold blooded murder.

6.5 million, that buys a lot of amnesia.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

And that reason was explained in the article as well as by several people in this thread already. His neighbors saw him holding a spray nozzle, thought it was a gun, and called the police. Maybe while he was high, he was pretending it was a gun and making gun noises and motions, but that STILL isn't a justifiable reason to call the police.

Check this out...

The Zerby family attorney Dale Galipo took Carrillo through the wounds and damage inflicted by each and was even able to get the medical examiner to say it was possible that Zerby never raised his arms into a shooting position as the defense has claimed and was in a slumped position when shot.

www.presstelegram.com...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Heh. He was probably in the middle of passing out from the combination of Valium and Marijuana. Man sleeping stoners, the next biggest threat to American freedom.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Question: How many life threatening guns have water comming out of them?

Just askin.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Honestly?

Fine. He was being foolish.

I wasn't there, I assume nobody posting was there, but I bet the police gave him a chance to drop his "weapon" before they opened fire.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Already I agreed the police used excessive force. Why not taser the stoner?

Just saying not all police are evil. One person suggested we just open fire on police before they shoot us.

I'm out.

Believe what you wish.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

minusinfinity

I see people watering the lawn and they don't get shot.

Hmmmm........

Congrats, but what happened to this guy was the neighbors called the cops and told them that he had a gun, that is why the police were called.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Krazysh0t

Honestly?

Fine. He was being foolish.

I wasn't there, I assume nobody posting was there, but I bet the police gave him a chance to drop his "weapon" before they opened fire.

You're right, none of us were there. All we have is the information in the article to go on. Which spells out the situation pretty clearly and obviously the courts agreed with this account of things since they awarded his family $6.5 million.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Already I agreed the police used excessive force. Why not taser the stoner?

Why not just ask him what he was doing or state that they were even there? Why jump immediately to force to begin with?

Just saying not all police are evil. One person suggested we just open fire on police before they shoot us.

Not all police are evil, but you may want to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt all the time.

I'm out.

Believe what you wish.

Take care.

Enjoy your stay on ATS, though for future reference, it helps to read the whole article before responding. Every one of your grievances and counterpoints were discussed in the article or are irrelevant (the drug issue).

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hi reader of THIS post.
Guess what?
YOU could be next!

Is NOW the time to do something about it?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Just saying not all police are evil. One person suggested we just open fire on police before they shoot us
Take care.

what I said was self defense was in order because modern police training is to shoot first and ask questions later. That being the case if a police officer draws their gun on you you are more and more likely to be killed for no reason. I would rather kill my potential murderer then be killed for no reason

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Uh, no. If you actually read what people have been posting, the guy was slumped over, in a sitting position. The medical examiner said that he likely never raised his arms.

Why are you trying so hard to sympathize with the police here?

It's pretty black and white. The guy was not a threat. He was not even behaving in a threatening manner. They shot him 12 times.

A man is slumped over, likely about to pass out, and they shoot him 12 times. They don't question his motives, they don't examine what he is holding, they aren't even remotely threatened.

Does this raise any alarms?
edit on 9-4-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Enjoy your stay on ATS, though for future reference, it helps to read the whole article before responding. Every one of your grievances and counterpoints were discussed in the article or are irrelevant (the drug issue).

How are my responses 'irrelevant'?

If you were as wise as you believe yourself to be you would take into account information from more than a single source.

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

how is that info. not relevant? Is it because it doesn't support your agenda?

maybe you should run for public office.

edit on 9-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

dashen
Shouldn't bring a water gun to a gunfight.
At this point it just seems safer to shoot at a cop before he shoots at you.

In a twisted world this makes sense.

I'm sure the cops will be given paid leave while the "investigation" is conducted. In 2 weeks to a month they'll be back on duty, maybe even given a medal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join