It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot and Kill Man for Watering Lawn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Douglas Zerby was finishing up watering his lawn when neighbors, completely brainwashed by the police state, called the cops because they saw Zerby holding what they thought was a gun. It was actually a water hose nozzle.

So, here's a guy watering his lawn. His neighbors think that his water hose nozzle is a [snp] gun, so they call the cops. The cops show up and put 12 rounds in him without hesitation.

What the hell is wrong with people these days? Shouldn't cops at least apply some caution before emptying clips into people? Did they not notice that the "gun" was spraying [snip] water and attached to hose? At least the family got something out of it, but, my god, is this stupefyingly horrendous.

Source
edit on 9-4-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+86 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't bring a water gun to a gunfight.
At this point it just seems safer to shoot at a cop before he shoots at you.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

This is just too common, 12 rounds no less.

I believe we may have to consider passing legislation to disarm them in our towns at least then we can talk about cities.

I have some ideas for replacing the existing police system with civilians in a jury duty model.
edit on 9-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That was quicker and certainly cheaper than hiring a hit man.

Slogan: Cops, They'll Kill for Free, Whomever It May Be!

Regards,

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
worst part is
its the tax payer that will pay while real criminals
which that money should have gone towards arresting
will be out killing more people...

cops should pay out of pockets for effe ups like that
penny per license plate stamped
one or two cases and they will start to smarten up

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Okay I did a quick search and discovered that this happened in 2010. Why are you posting this four years after it happened?

The family of a man fatally shot by Long Beach police in 2010 was awarded $6.5 million in damages by a federal jury on Thursday.

ktla.com...

Could it be your source looks for anything in the news only to make people angry with the government?

The police were wrong but....

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

Get the whole story before you jump 2 conclusions.

(post by minusinfinity removed for a manners violation)
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Okay I did a quick search and discovered that this happened in 2010. Why are you posting this four years after it happened?

The family of a man fatally shot by Long Beach police in 2010 was awarded $6.5 million in damages by a federal jury on Thursday.

ktla.com...

Could it be your source looks for anything in the news only to make people angry with the government?

He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.42% and had Valium and THC in his system at the time of his death.

Not saying he deserved to be gunned down but he wasn't just out watering his lawn.

May have happened in 2010, but it was just This past Thursday when the settlement was reached, per your own article.

Yep, he was JUST watering his lawn.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

What bothers me is that the chief is still defending these animals by saying that an internal investigation cleared them.
You know what, I'll bet if you let the gangs do internal investigations of drive-by shootings, they would clear their members also.
I remember the time in this country watering your lawn wasn't illegal and your neighbors didn't call the cops simply because they "thought" you might have a gun. And yet twice in the past couple of weeks I've seen stories---one in my area---where police locked down a school campus because someone called them saying they "thought" someone had a gun. In both cases the "gun" turned out to be a camera tripod.
The officers involved in this shooting need to be in prison for negligent homicide. You know that if the neighbor who reported the "possible gun" had taken the same actions the cops took, that person would be in prison. But because someone gave these idiots a gun and badge, they are still working toward their retirement, still a menace to society instead of being locked away like the animals they are.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Maybe he was "innocent" then why were the police called?

I see people watering the lawn and they don't get shot.

Hmmmm........

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

minusinfinity

dashen
Shouldn't bring a water gun to a gunfight.
At this point it just seems safer to shoot at a cop before he shoots at you.

Really?

You are the definition of an idiot.

I may be an idiot sir,
but if a bunch of cops are running up on someone guns drawn unprovoked, the likelihood of death is so high that i would dare say self defense is in order

edit on 9-4-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

minusinfinity

ktla.com...

So he was pretty much mellow and stoned watering his plants and that's threatening behavior?

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

minusinfinity

ktla.com...

The case was recently settled, hence the family getting 6.5 million out of it. This is the first time that I've heard about it.

Regardless of his mental and physical state at the time of the shooting, he posed no actual threat to the cops. Shoot first and ask questions later is cold blooded murder.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Hmmmm........

IF YOUD READ IT... the neighbors got hysterical thinking he had a gun when it was a spray nozzle for the water hose and called the police.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

DestroyDestroyDestroy

minusinfinity

ktla.com...

The case was recently settled, hence the family getting 6.5 million out of it. This is the first time that I've heard about it.

Regardless of his mental and physical state at the time of the shooting, he posed no actual threat to the cops. Shoot first and ask questions later is cold blooded murder.

Even worse

deputy coroner described how Zerby may have been sitting cross-legged with his arms at his side and unaware when he was fired upon.

Dr. Juan Carrillo, a deputy medical examiner for the Los Angeles Coroner's Department, provided detailed evidence on the wounds Zerby suffered, which included 12 penetrating rounds and two abrasions, both from a handgun fired by Shurtleff and pellets from a shotgun used by Ortiz.

www.presstelegram.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Sorry.

I didn't mean to call you an idiot.

People who fire at officers are what they are.

Why would you be in a situation where police would feel the need to shoot at you?

Never in my life have I experienced a time where I was taking cover from police gunfire.

+43 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

minusinfinity

ktla.com...

It's called an update to a story. Obviously a lawsuit such as this wouldn't be settled within the same year it happened. 4 years is actually a pretty good time frame (actually kind of fast) to see this carry out and the monetary sum awarded. Or are you against reporting news that shows justice (albeit softer than should have been done, but this was a civil case and I guess this wasn't pursued legally, surprise...)

OH NO! The man was high when he was watering his lawn! What a scumbag! Good thing those cops showed up to put him in place. Do you know what valium and marijuana do to you? Being violent and confrontational isn't a side effect of either of those narcotics, not to mention, who cares what was in his system? The cops showed up and gunned the guy down without any warning. Showing that he was taking drugs doesn't make this a better story or anything. We all have our vices. You just sound like someone trying to demonize a victim to rationalize the actions of out of control police officers.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This is great! Next time I am in America, and some guy on his front lawn pisses me off, I shall call the cops and act like I saw a gun and fearful for my life.

Sit back, watch as the guy gets pwned by cops with the IQ of a cabbage.

Great way to clean up the neighbourhood.

I walk, the cops walk, bad neighbour carried out.

Great way to get away with murder, by getting the stupid cops to do it for you, they're much better at covering it up than I would be

Victim: GET OF MY LAWN!
Me: O RLY!

edit on 9-4-2014 by strawburry because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

minusinfinity

Hmmmm........

This makes no sense, literally. And if I guess at what you were trying to say, that too, makes no sense to me.
Why the air quotes around innocent?
Did you even read the article?

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

minusinfinity
reply to post by dashen

Sorry.

I didn't mean to call you an idiot.

People who fire at officers are what they are.

Why would you be in a situation where police would feel the need to shoot at you?

Never in my life have I experienced a time where I was taking cover from police gunfire.

You realize that you're asking that question in a thread that basically answers said question, right?

This guy posed no threat, yet he was shot, 12 times no less. Perhaps it's not so much what you're doing, but more so that most cops are clueless asshats on a power trip.
edit on 9-4-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join