It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the size of aliens........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

How do you know they are not?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Its funny i was thinking about this just the other day. My own theory is that just like how through millions of years there have been many different types of life forms taking up the same characters over and over again. There was a type of dinosaur that's body was like like a shark or dolphin, and another that looked very canine. What biologists find in the evolution of life in the past 400 million years, is that life seems to fit into a mechanism that fits the environment best and once that animal becomes extinct, another will replace it, assuming that basic body shape.

I guess you could liken this to a gear in a clock. All life fits a purpose defined by its necessity to survive and bread attributed to its particular environment. In the same exact way, maybe being humanoid to some degree fits that moulding that allows life to explore outer space. And so it's simply us as humans as another working gear in a clock that fits into a working design of sorts.

Also - its found that up to a certain size, the brain no matter how complex and developed it is, whether it be whales, elephants, dolphins or ours, will become slower not faster/smarter. At some point, let's just say a further half the size of our current brain was to grow, any larger and we would actually become dumber. This is because the time a connection takes to go through the brain simply takes longer the more connections there are. And so you actually become slower because of the time it take for the signal to go from one point to the next. You can then assume very easily how universal it would be that aliens wouldn't be able to grow brains too much larger then ours without loosing the capacity to develop a civilisation.
edit on 17-4-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgedesired
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

How do you know they are not?

Because giants don't exist and all "pictures" of giants skeleton have been debunked ?

Lol I love when people use this logic as an argument. There are proofs of massive egyptian statues sitting on stone thrones, are there any proofs of giants that isn't some kooky website with a geocities template and shopped pics?
edit on 18-4-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think it has to do with planet size in the habitable zone of other solar systems. The size of the planet determines gravity. Bone density/strength and connecting tissuse is what limits how big they are. The thing that limits the minimum size is brain capacity or they could be so small that they get eaten.

Thats why whales can be so large, there is uniform contact around them. Their whole body supports them in the water.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Just because a civilisation is technologically advanced it doesn't mean for EVERY type of technology.

Could a Ferrari engineer perform a meckel's diverticulum?

Could a surgeon fix a broken Ferrari gearbox or remap its engine?

Just because another civilisation may have been successful in interstellar travel it doesn't necessarily mean they've even touched on the biological testing side of things. Maybe they aren't as crude or barbaric as humans and have not tested on each-other yet because they grouped together instead and collectively focused their efforts on interstellar travel - because killing each-other is not one of their top priorities.

I think an Alien race would operate much more like an ants nest than how we... bimble about abusing one another.

edit on 21-4-2014 by crzayfool because: Because.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crzayfool
a reply to: benrl

Just because a civilisation is technologically advanced it doesn't mean for EVERY type of technology.

Could a Ferrari engineer perform a meckel's diverticulum?

Could a surgeon fix a broken Ferrari gearbox or remap its engine?

Just because another civilisation may have been successful in interstellar travel it doesn't necessarily mean they've even touched on the biological testing side of things. Maybe they aren't as crude or barbaric as humans and have not tested on each-other yet because they grouped together instead and collectively focused their efforts on interstellar travel - because killing each-other is not one of their top priorities.

I think an Alien race would operate much more like an ants nest than how we... bimble about abusing one another.

The overall civilization would know.

Otherwise, how'd they develop from the muck, march on to mine minerals, form those minerals into useful tools, etc.

Most advancements come from a need, a necessity, what was their need, that led to space travel.

Colonization? Like ants?

There are simple concepts involved in optics to even start that lend to medicine, So their attitude was either Obtuse toward the needs of the individual, and ignoring known science concepts and not extrapolating it internally.

Which means they as a race would be something Dangerous at least to our concept of the word. As any reports if believed mean they view us as less than conscious, or that consciousness is not important, that we are just meat.

So yea, Either they are an INHERENTLY dangerous alien race to us, OR they are not alien at all, that is if any of it is a "real" Physical event and not Psychological or Paranormal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join