It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepper Hillbillies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This show is right up ATS's alley, it's clever, well thought out, educa....ah who am I kidding, it's just another "let's film a bunch of southerners make fools of themselves" show.

Hey, maybe I'm right, it may just well be up ATS's alley.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh wow. Another Tee Vee show making southern people or "hillbillies" look stoopid. wow. Never seen this before. Gee, I wonder what religion the shows owner, executive producers and writers are? Rhetorical. If the world stopped today, I'm putting all my money on "hillbillies".

BTW, could you imagine the stink if a southern, or hillbilly came out with a show depicting jewish folk or anyone else in the same manner?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder how many times I'm going to have to explain "reality shows"???

I work as DP or other crew on "reality" shows. There is nothing real about reality shows!!! They are scripted, choreographed, produced, directed and made because they are quick and dirty to make and appeal to the lowest common denominator of the American viewing public; thus sell tons of ads. How real can it be with a crew of 25 people hanging around to produce the stupid thing.

How stupid would you look for $850 a day. That's what reality show "performers" make everyday they are on camera. It's their choice to look stupid.

The truly stupid people are the ones that watch the shows and buy into the hype. I'ts FANTASY for MORONS.

edit on 6-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I believe I understand that reality shows aren't really reality.

It's still playing on the stereotype of hillbillies though, regardless if it's all set up.

It really is a terrible show though.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by olaru12

I believe I understand that reality shows aren't really reality.

It's still playing on the stereotype of hillbillies though, regardless if it's all set up.

It really is a terrible show though.

If this style of programming is distasteful to you, then make your own damn TV shows. The industry is crying for quality content.
Technology has allowed anyone with an idea or story to become a producer. My small production company is currently focused on socially relevant documentaries and dramas. Join us....

You can start here with this free software.

www.celtx.com...

You can also get access to talent and gear if you take the production course thru your local cable access channel.

accesschannel.com...

As an added incentive....once you learn the ropes; there is some serious money to be made shooting, crewing, acting, for other producers that think they have a good idea for a show.

edit on 7-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join