It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowpiercer: Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow I have just watched this great film for the third time in as many days, One right up ATS members street and quite apt to do with the Global warming discussions going on.
Oh the guy with the beard is Captain America

Great acting from Tilda Swinton and John Hurt.

If anyone wishes to discuss the ending (which asks many moral questions) please put spoiler in the first line so we do not ruin it for the unlucky ones not to have seen it yet

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

haha that does look...ill have to find it!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
A superb film and we should not give too much away…just see it! ATS'ers will love it!
edit on 31-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Just finished it...man...in my all time top 10 id say...very original idea...yet takes alittle of everything going on today!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK, I did not like it. Made no sense. Why travel for that long, what? did they go round and round the planet, why not just sit still.

No logic to it.

P

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
OMG you guys are totally doing a great job at trying to draw attention to this thread, seriously Star and flag this s*** like crazy because this this movie is a MUST SEE folks without revealing too about the movie. It's much better to go into it unexpected. This movie will be an instant classic no doubt.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I agree I just can't get enough of it.
The acting is top notch, the photography is stunning and it really made me think.
Instant classic film.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Cos if train stops we will all die, wont we children... Loved the movie, never a dull moment from beginning to end...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
OK, I did not like it. Made no sense. Why travel for that long, what? did they go round and round the planet, why not just sit still.

No logic to it.

P

It was explained why they couldn't sit still.

Brilliant film, wonderful metaphorical idea of how society is controlled from behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

No logic to it.

P

made perfect sense to me

spoiler below

dude, they went 'round and round' cause they were on a perpetual motion train. the planet is frozen. if they stop, where should they go? how would they stay warm?

i think it was a great movie. better give up the KRONO

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I liked the premise and idea... but just didn't think the film was that great.
Some excellent scenes, thought John Hurt was great... Tilda Swinton's character was just awful, and I LOVE Tilda.
Really disappointed, saw this early in the year but just saw the thread.

Will watch again at some point but the idea and premise far surpassed the execution IMHO
edit on 18/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Where you saw Tilda Swinton's character and diskliked her, I was blown away that was Tilda Swinton and instantly fell in love with wanting her to pay! She was a great epic evil character in the movie, makes me smile now. Great Great acting on her part. Really an entertaining movie, meant to breach the barrier in peoples minds with how society works today.

Really makes you think, and that's why the movie is so great.

a reply to: blupblup

edit on 4-10-2014 by nrd101 because: type

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Yeah like I said, interesting idea and how the haves and have nots were portrayed and so on and so forth... I got all of that - interesting metaphor etc etc, looked beautiful, a great allegorical tale... yadda yadda.
Just wasn't a great movie, poorly executed IMHO.... bland and actually just not great.
Wasnt terrible but I had high hopes.

But, It's all just opinions man..and in a few months or year, I'll give it another watch and maybe I'll appreciate it more?
There are plenty of times I' ve changed my opinion on films, just because I wasn't in the right frame of mind etc.
edit on 5/10/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

join