It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Monster / Porcupine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Could it be that the Montauk Monster is actually a porcupine?

Porcupine skull

Adult porcupine

porcupine - Warning Graphic

Notice the shear resemblance to the size and shape of the Montauk monster.
MOntauk monster

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

You might be right!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think this was debunked already as a known animal...

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I thought it had been determined to be a racoon.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Like the poster above stated, this is definitely a raccoon. Of course it doesn't look like it, but when one actually looks at a raccoon skull it is quite obvious. The beak is sort of an illusion because of the missing portions, and I think that is why so many people see this as bizarre. Didn't they actually do DNA testing on this as well, or am I mistaken? If they did, I am positive it would come back as belonging to a raccoon.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

greencmp

I thought it had been determined to be a racoon.

Yea guy did time lapse on coon and that is what it was....

The Bot

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok, so I've been creeping here for about 5 years. But I had to make an account to comment on this.

I am from East Hampton, the town that Montauk is part of, and that thing was not a raccoon. I personally saw it on the beach the day it washed up. We were out at Camp Hero and a family friend called to tell us about it and it went to check it out. It was much, much bigger than any raccoon I've ever seen. And it didn't have paws. It's feet looked almost like small flippers. I would also like to mention that whatever it was, it was drowned on purpose as it's feet were tied together.

For what it's worth here's a site full of similar cases. Some of them are very easily explainable but still worth looking at, I guess.
www.montauk-monster.com...
edit on 28-3-2014 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

MDpvc
Ok, so I've been creeping here for about 5 years. But I had to make an account to comment on this.

I am from East Hampton, the town that Montauk is part of, and that thing was not a raccoon. I personally saw it on the beach the day it washed up. We were out at Camp Hero and a family friend called to tell us about it and it went to check it out. It was much, much bigger than any raccoon I've ever seen. And it didn't have paws. It's feet looked almost like small flippers. I would also like to mention that whatever it was, it was drowned on purpose as it's feet were tied together.

For what it's worth here's a site full of similar cases. Some of them are very easily explainable but still worth looking at, I guess.
www.montauk-monster.com...
edit on 28-3-2014 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

exactly! thank you for posting this information. i'm also from long island. wasn't there when this thing washed ashore though. but, the women who originally took the photo said there are two different versions out there and one is a fake. an attempt to discredit. a straw man, intentionally disseminated so it could be debunked

here are photos that she didn't originally release, you'll see the difference here. not a raccoon. not even close.

also there is this photo, which was taken a year later in the same spot

you can thank Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center for these wonderful creations. there have been many bodies that have washed ashore. Not just one, not just two even....
edit on 28-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

You can also thank them for Lymes disease in the US. We didn't have it in North America until they brought over infected ticks from Europe to research. The first case was reported in Lyme, CT after they some how got off the island.
There has also been reports of an Avian Flu outbreak causd by them a few years ago. And now they're shutting down the research center on Plum Island and moving to, I believe, KY. ..

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MDpvc

Yea i had heard that about Lyme Disease, think i saw a show on it actually. Developed by a German scientist, tested there and got out etc. Terrible stuff.

Truly scary that they want to move the Plum Island facility and what's worse is I hear that the place in KY is next to or part of a college campus. They have terrible security as it is on Plum Island, issues with things getting lose. I would hate to see the possibilities of putting the same facility in a more populated area that is landlocked. Definitely

top topics

join