It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Greetings Everyone,

The following video is a short, graphical lecture presented by Jeremy Bennett on the amazing abilities and peculiarities of our all-familiar best friend, and sometimes worst enemy, our Mind. The video is a bit dated, yet it propounds a truth as old as humanity (and about 11 minutes long). The lecture begins by detailing a brief comparison between the human brain and a modern computer. This comparison should leave the viewer in a bit of awe, as the capacity of the human brain to do myriad and simultaneous calculations far outweighs even that of the most sophisticated, present-day computer-technology. Sure, maybe we've heard this before, but it is at this juncture that Bennett delves deeper into not only the mysterious mechanisms and capacities of the brain alone, but those of the 'Mind' - namely, that facet of the Mind that has been given the name, the 'Subconscious.'

Bennett then explores some of the peculiar features of this subconscious mind, specifically, that the subconscious mind cannot tell the difference between reality, and an imagined event - a conclusion which lends considerable food for thought, which is then curiously explored. A description is given of some of the various tests done throughout the years that aimed to measure both the psychological as well as the behavioral, physical response of a human subject to both real, and imagined stimuli that was administered in both hypnotic and non-hypnotic states. The few examples demonstrate that the response of the subconscious mind to various and certain suggestions extends far beyond the well-known and familiar parlor-tricks of the stage-hypnotist. The conclusion reached is that our life, & the quality of our life, is largely correlated to the quality of our thoughts and the beliefs held within the smoky chambers of the subconscious mind.

Being that the subconscious has been consistently demonstrated to fulfill a given belief that it accepts as true, then we may deduce the conclusion, "what you hold in your mind, you are attracted to in life." We've all heard about creative visualization, the 'Secret' of so many pop-culture paperbacks, and the secret held in trust within a variety of different mystery schools, and too often, I find philosophical physicalists, materialists, or just regular skeptics entirely too dismissive of its worth or validity. However, the science behind this process and technique only lends credibility to its effectiveness.

In our comprehension of the above, we can then easily discern that the reality of the influence our subconscious mind has over our experience of life is a double-edged sword: to entertain not only false, or negative beliefs, but even thoughts of a negative element will serve to impact our very being in some way or another, for it is true that every action creates a response. As Above, so Below. Thus, taking a careful inventory of one's mental hygiene should constitute a priority of high importance. This is not to suggest that you reach for that bottle of Prozac in the medicine cabinet. Rather, one must make the effort to avoid being mentally lazy. One must make the effort to react to undesirable situations in a manner that suggests that you were not operating solely upon the basis of emotional reasoning. Take an inventory of the beliefs about yourself that you know are untrue, or inharmonious with who you want to be, and what you want to do. Patience and perseverance have their rewards, so keep at it, and your life will change for the better; make-believe you can do it.

A final thought: the past is done, and the future remains to be written, so take a few breaths and focus on what inspires you to keep living right in this moment. If you find it difficult, just remember,
"Fake it 'till you make it, baby."

enjoy.

xox,
-kissy

edit on 27-3-2014 by kissy princess because: formatting

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

I like the way you laid out the information in this thread. I think it is of fundamental importance to be aware of the power that negative and positive thoughts carry, but most people think I'm nuts when I tell them this.

S&F

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Very well presented post

Will watch video now.
Thank You

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video (Except it promoted the same thing it went against LOL with the violent imagery).

But I have often had a GIGO opinion of Human brains. Problem is creating novelty without gratuitous sex or violence, so we give them what they want!

edit on 27-3-2014 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thank you for the kind words; people on ATS really like a detailed synopsis of any given video in case they are unable to watch it from where they are. Anyhow, please tell, how many of you have utilized creative visualization and positive thinking to transform your life, or at least obtain certain results? Were you amazed to find even little, particular details of reality to have conformed to your visualization?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I liked that video!

But isn't the real problem that the our negative beliefs will be executed as well? And therefore most of our desires will be neutralized?

new topics

top topics

join