It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1,000-a-pill Hepatitis drug in USA sells for less than $10 in Egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Bedlam

dlbott
Yes it would be just don't let them catch you mailing it in. You could cross into Mexico and get it. Some folks here go over every few months. Go over and get six months worth and just drive back over border with it. They used to go once a year but something changed.

They don't actually give a damn about it unless you're buying in bulk.

If it's something that's not schedule 3 and it's 3 months or less supply, you stand about a 5% chance of having it confiscated. I've never heard of anyone actually even being contacted past the "we tossed your crap at the border" letter.

Something like this would sail through customs, no questions asked. If you've got a doctor's approval, it's even legal per FDA regulations. Without a prescription, you have that 5% chance of losing it.

I buy stuff all the time overseas. I have never lost any of it.
Wow great to know. Send me message where you buying from and procedures please.. Great news...

The bot

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

dlbott
Wow great to know. Send me message where you buying from and procedures please.. Great news...

The bot

If you're after the drug in the article, it's still tough to come by. The Vanuatu guys will try to get you single source meds if you email them. However, they've got a really nice assortment of other stuff that's typically hard to come by, like antibiotics.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm a little surprised that so far nobody on ATS has spelled out the real scam here...

Hepatitis C is an invented disease. Look it up... You will find that Hep C is a collection of symptoms where there is no detectable trace of Hep A or Hep B virus.

There has never been a pathogen isolated and identified as being responsible for Hep C. How does big pharma come up with a vaccine for a disease when they don't even know the underlying cause? Must be science.

So anyway, they've been selling this vaccine for years and what do you know? People still get sick. Fancy that.
Now they come up with an extremely expensive pill to treat the same disease. It makes sense. If people are so gullible as to get stuck with a fake vaccine then why not charge a fortune for a pill that masks the symptoms of a liver condition because it is impossible for them to cure it. It is impossible to cure it because they simply don't know what causes it.

The whole thing is a con to make billions of dollars from a fearful public who have grown up indoctrinated to believe everything the system tells them.

edit on 28-3-2014 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

UnderGetty
I'm a little surprised that so far nobody on ATS has spelled out the real scam here...

Hepatitis C is an invented disease. Look it up... You will find that Hep C is a collection of symptoms where there is no detectable trace of Hep A or Hep B virus.

Not at all. It's a viral infection caused by a small positive sense RNA virus in the flaviviridae family. It can be grown readily in culture.

There has never been a pathogen isolated and identified as being responsible for Hep C. How does big pharma come up with a vaccine for a disease when they don't even know the underlying cause? Must be science.

Doubly incorrect. The pathogen is well known. There isn't a vaccine for it, either.

So anyway, they've been selling this vaccine for years and what do you know?

Which vaccine for Hep C would that be? I'd like to know more about it. Because I don't know of one.

The whole thing is a con to make billions of dollars from a fearful public who have grown up indoctrinated to believe everything the system tells them.

You really ought to widen your reading from Natural News a bit.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Big pharma sucks! Jesus H. Christ is EVERYTHING a scam in this country???

The only thing that isn't a scam are the farmers growing potatoes in the field....the the trades people working their asses off building a house or landscaping someone's property...etc....

Products are scams, labour is not.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

NavyDoc

We, the people of the US created this problem by demanding that the government regulate everything to death and demand that all drugs be as close to 100% safe as possible and if something bad happens, then we want to be able to sue for millions. See all of those lawsuit commercials on daytime TV where lawyers are actively advertising to sue over medications? That too is part of the expense for a medication you see here.

That is all propaganda.
Lawsuits account for a very small portion of healthcare costs.

www.justice.org...

MALPRACTICE A TINY PERCENTAGE OF HEALTH CARE COSTS

One of the principal myths surrounding medical malpractice is its effect on overall health care costs. Medical malpractice is actually a tiny percentage of health care costs, in part because medical malpractice claims are far less frequent than many people believe.
In 2004, the CBO calculated malpractice costs amounted to “less than 2 percent of overall health care spending. Thus, even a reduction of 25 percent to 30 percent in malpractice costs would lower health care costs by only about 0.4 percent to 0.5 percent, and the likely effect on health insurance premiums would be comparably small.” i

Five years later, the CBO revisited the issue of medical negligence costs. This time, they attempted to account for the indirect costs of medical negligence, mainly the idea that doctors order extra tests to avoid liability. Again, the CBO found that tort reform would only save 0.5 percent of all health care costs.ii

Other authorities have also found that the direct costs associated with medical negligence are a tiny fraction of health care costs. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), the total amount of money spent defending claims and compensating victims of medical negligence in 2010 was $5.8 billion, or just 0.3 percent of the $2.6 trillion spent on health care in the U.S. that same year.iii

The expense comes from inflated salaries in a time of decreasing income for everyone else thanks to Globalism.

The biggest offenders against Free Market principles in this country are the Big Corporations and Banks themselves that buy our government to serve them. It is a controlled market for them and a "Free Market" for everyone else.

My BIL is a Pharmaceutical Salesman pulling in around 200K a year. If he pulls in that, I can just imagine the inflated salaries at the top. In a time when everyone's wages are declining and being cut, Big Pharma and Big Health do not want to take a pay cut as would happen in a Free Market when people have less and less money and want everyone else to pay for it.

They are not hurting for money as they have plenty of money to buy politicians though and are at the top of the list.

www.opensecrets.org...

TOP LOBBYING INDUSTRIES

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $2,795,596,315
Insurance $1,964,085,236
Electric Utilities $1,836,267,571
Business Associations $1,599,841,724
Computers/Internet $1,539,193,215
Oil & Gas $1,520,091,017
Misc Manufacturing & Distributing $1,279,589,508
Education $1,278,209,819
TV/Movies/Music $1,198,351,376
Hospitals/Nursing Homes $1,185,577,186
Securities & Investment $1,117,167,652
Civil Servants/Public Officials $1,107,964,625
Real Estate $1,085,527,543
Health Professionals $1,062,105,067
Air Transport $999,244,120
Misc Issues $848,711,383
Automotive $806,876,749
Telephone Utilities $781,182,298
Telecom Services & Equipment $772,337,196
Health Services/HMOs $738,746,421

edit on 29-3-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Baddogma
reply to post by Metallicus

I was just talking to an individual in Canada who is now cured of Hepatitis C by this drug... and he got it for free from his government/society... but in the U.S. a course of this drug would be in excess of $80,000.

It is criminal. The idiots who fear "death panels" cannot seem to understand that the for-profit medical industry is just that, except that the criteria for life and death is a bank account, not a bureaucracy.

Hopefully, some saint will travel to Egypt and return to the "civilized" U.S. with a pocket full of life-saving pills... disgusting that we live like this... or die like this.

edit on 3/26/2014 by Baddogma because: last sentence

This is why i will never move to The US from Canada.

Hell i might leave Canada once the U.S gains it grip on it and just move to some remote country away from all the drama greed and coruption.

I was sick once, was throwing up and could of used a gravol needle. I was stuck in Boston and even tho the house i was staying at belonged to a nurse. When i was offered to be brought to the hopital i said no i don't feel like paying hundreds or thousands of dollars for something i get for free from the government here.

So never break an ankle in the states or god forbid be stuck in a catatonic state :S
I feel bad for that third world country with all of its citizens struggling with * Obamacare* poverty, High percentages of unemployment and lacking reading and writing skills.

I really hope democracy can fix it. The US could use a democracy because the stealth fascim isn't all that cute.
Heriditary leader after leader? Okay cool. If only they looked more alike, such as the constantly replaced leaders in north korea who are readily admitted to be the leaders.

Only non of the citizens are armed, so they screwed over easily by the miltary police over there, whoes gunna fight back? Of course kim un dosn't care at all what he does in the public eye because his slaves are totally oppressed. In the theird world states tho, Plenty of people have guns they picked up off of drug deals or a few hundred for automatic weapons.

Your not gunna just go out and say * am the supreme leader of eagle land and my sons sons or my uncles sons will take the throne* People would overthrow the government pretty much rght away. That is a fact. So they rely on flashy colors and robbing everyone to prevent the loss of political powers so that no unclean blood will ever rule the states.

That world news is pretty much like the WWE, everything is written on paper before hand even a majority of the live feeds. Sometimes entire bombings of a country are staged on a set. So the reporters are miles and miles away from danger.
Lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Bedlam

UnderGetty

Not at all. It's a viral infection caused by a small positive sense RNA virus in the flaviviridae family. It can be grown readily in culture.

That virus you refer to (presumably from Wikipedia) has never been isolated, grown in culture, and then used to successfully infect a clean host resulting in the symptoms that define Hep C infection.

There is a lot of biotech babble describing that virus, and even a pretty photo, but nothing in the way of clinical studies showing that this virus is responsible for Hep C infection.

I would welcome any reference to any peer reviewed scientific study where this "small positive sense RNA virus in the flaviviridae family" has been successfully used to cause Hep C infection.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

That chimpanzee paper actually confirms my assertion.
Their reference to isolating HCV was a 1989 paper that reconstructed an organism from RNA fragments, and then made the argument that because the infected subjects all had markers for this virus, then this virus must be HCV.

They then cite a paper showing that people infected with this virus produce antibodies to it (duh), and draw the conclusion that this virus causes Hep C.

Again, there is no study where a healthy subject is infected with HCV, and goes on to exhibit actual Hep C symptoms, and is capable of transmitting it to other subjects.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

(facepalm) What can be said to such willful ignorance? Are you asking for a study where groups of humans are infected intentionally in a lab setting?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join