It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook buys the Oculus Rift

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
and then this happens

but i get what you are saying as i would have liked to have one for myself,but now we'll just have to wait and see what happens, i guess...
edit on 26/3/2014 by DigitalDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
lol it would appear they pulled down their kickstarter page. It was up yesterday and flooded by angry comments and people demanding their pledge back. Totally gone today.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, I personally don't use facebook. I have no strong opinions on it though. I can see its merits overall for many people wanting to be social on a Tuesday night. its a online shared journal. fine.whatever. I don't look down at people who use it, I simply don't.

As far as them tossing their hat into the emerging VR community, I am actually interested in seeing where they bring it. I do see a potential there for virtual interactions. When we consider the advanced VR in sci-fi, its less about games and more about gatherings.

Going to virtual clubs, doing all sorts of things with people, etc.

So, with the competition heating up on now the headset wars, I think its good that social media has a big say and not just different gamer companies. it may allow for a lot more diversity, and with that, a broader consumer audience (which in turn will fuel more money into development and applications).

Its a good thing...and that's coming from a person that has no love (or hate) for facebook...just a practical consideration.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oculus has a future... one dictated by the NSA and it's front organization Facebook.

<< 1   >>

join