It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US In ‘Crisis Response Mode’ After Putin Spanks Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Russian President Vladimir Putin managed to amass enough troops in Crimea to take it over without bloodshed, yet the US, via NSA spying, didn’t know until it was too late and according to a WSJ piece, quoting top officials, this has the US in a “crisis response mode,” to put assets in place in order to spy on the Russian military’s actions better in the future.

Beforitnews

U.S. military satellites spied Russian troops amassing within striking distance of Crimea last month. But intelligence analysts were surprised because they hadn't intercepted any telltale communications where Russian leaders, military commanders or soldiers discussed plans to invade. America's vaunted global surveillance is a vital tool for U.S. intelligence services, especially as an early-warning system and as a way to corroborate other evidence. In Crimea, though, U.S. intelligence officials are concluding that Russian planners might have gotten a jump on the West by evading U.S. eavesdropping.

U.S. Scurries to Shore Up Spying on Russia

"Even though there was a warning, we didn't have the information to be able to say exactly what was going to happen," a senior U.S. official says.

Did Edward Snowden tell Russia how to bypass NSA surveillance, or more?

Coincidence?

Victoria Nuland In Leaked Audio

Leaked EU's Ashton phone tape

Hacked Emails of US Army Attache

Poland's (leaked) vision

The Obama administration is "very nervous," says a person close to the discussions. "This is uncharted territory."

Being nervous in such positions not too good for the future...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
umm seriously You lost Me at beforeitsnews....propaganda... and disinformation... If Obama and crew were nervous they wouldn't be letting on they were at all.. Smoke and mirrors... Honestly You actually think they'd admit this or let any of the populace privy to invasion plans of any gleaned intel gathering/spying?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

maghun
Beforitnews

Before its news as a source?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hoax bin material!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

The second source, The Wall Street Journal good enough?

U.S. Scurries to Shore Up Spying on Russia

And what about the recent leaks? They were confirmed and then ignored?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

maghun

The second source, The Wall Street Journal good enough?

You missed this bit...

U.S. military satellites spied Russian troops amassing within striking distance of Crimea last month.

So no surprise there.

And what about the recent leaks? They were confirmed and then ignored?

What leaks? Who confirmed them?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maghun

Putin is in crisis mode more than anything. He made a bulldog move to gain control of something he never really needed. And now he's facing massive financial ruin by being kicked out of the G8 and having sanctions thrown at him left, right and center. His main source of agriculture (which is Ukraine) no longer wants anything to do with Russia, the only thing he has going for him is China is still his friend and Crimea is in his control. Unless he takes military action, which I doubt will happen, he's shot himself in the foot on this one.
This isn't 200 years ago, this is 2014, nations don't just invade or annex a part of a nation that has potential to be stabilized on their own from them, you suffer consequences beyond military intervention.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

For example:

Estonia: Leaked Ashton Ukraine Conversation 'Authentic'

Estonia's Foreign Ministry says a leaked phone conversation between Foreign Minister Urmas Paet and European Union foreign-policy chief Catherine Ashton is authentic.

And the latest:

Time to grab guns and kill damn Russians – Tymoshenko in leaked tape

Tymoshenko confirmed the authenticity of the conversation on Twitter, while claiming that a section where she is heard to call for the nuclear slaughter of the eight million Russians who remain on Ukrainian territory was edited.

She tweeted “The conversation took place, but the '8 million Russians in Ukraine' piece is an edit. In fact, I said Russians in Ukraine – are Ukrainians. Hello FSB
Sorry for the obscene language.”

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

The Crimea houses Russia's only warm-water port.

Without its Black Sea fleet, and a naval base to accommodate it, Russia would be a further diminished power. Viewed from the Kremlin, the anti-Russian successor to President Yanukovych put at potential risk the treaty giving Russia access to its base in Crimea until 2042. Obviously, such a strategic threat was to be dealt with immediately.

Did you noticed, that the crimean ukrainians voted for joining Russia? I wish invasion of this kind for all invaded people everywhere, and referendum before shooting.
edit on 25-3-2014 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

strongfp
reply to post by maghun

Putin is in crisis mode more than anything. He made a bulldog move to gain control of something he never really needed. And now he's facing massive financial ruin by being kicked out of the G8 and having sanctions thrown at him left, right and center. His main source of agriculture (which is Ukraine) no longer wants anything to do with Russia, the only thing he has going for him is China is still his friend and Crimea is in his control. Unless he takes military action, which I doubt will happen, he's shot himself in the foot on this one.
This isn't 200 years ago, this is 2014, nations don't just invade or annex a part of a nation that has potential to be stabilized on their own from them, you suffer consequences beyond military intervention.

Thank you for joining us here on ATS Mr. McKeCain
edit on 25-3-2014 by demus because: receiving final instructions

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

maghun
reply to post by strongfp

The Crimea houses Russia's only warm-water port.

Without its Black Sea fleet, and a naval base to accommodate it, Russia would be a further diminished power. Viewed from the Kremlin, the anti-Russian successor to President Yanukovych put at potential risk the treaty giving Russia access to its base in Crimea until 2042. Obviously, such a strategic threat was to be dealt with immediately.

Did you noticed, that the crimean ukrainians voted for joining Russia? I wish invasion of this kind for all invaded people everywhere, and referendum before shooting.
edit on 25-3-2014 by maghun because: (no reason given)

It's called annexation. Russia took advantage of the pro-russian population, and fragile state of the country to win that part of Ukraine. That's not democracy. That's just being a bully.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maghun

You don't announce/leak info to the media unless there's a reason.
U.S Intel by-passed by Russia? If true, then it's critical. If not then it's drawing Putin in further, and its truly war the west wants.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

strongfp
reply to post by maghun

I believe that the BRICS with half the world population more than makes up for the G8 nations of debt. Their combined power will bring the west to their knees with no military involvement.

What concerns me is the lunatics that rely upon the petrodollar and what they will do to keep their power. I am from America and those powers have crippled this country and now we wait and see!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amTuesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Before It's News? Okay ....

That being said .. if Obama got spanked by Putin, don't worry ...
Philadelphia Flyers fans spanked Putin back.

Hockey fans will understand this ...
YOU, GET IN THE BOX!!

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I will not change the succession of links, although I see that I made a mistake...

"You can't bring a baguette to a knife-fight."

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Before it's news. The news source for the mentally infirmed and unamericans. It's also not allowed here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

elementalgrove

strongfp
reply to post by maghun

I believe that the BRICS with half the world population more than makes up for the G8 nations of debt. Their combined power will bring the west to their knees with no military involvement.

What concerns me is the lunatics that rely upon the petrodollar and what they will do to keep their power. I am from America and those powers have crippled this country and now we wait and see!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amTuesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

BRICS Brazil, Russia, India, China South Africa . Which one of those economies is going to replace G8? And do you really believe that South Africa won't side with Europe if push comes to shove? Or even Brazil?

And if China goes they never get paid back by the US do you think they can afford to write that off?

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

elementalgrove

strongfp
reply to post by maghun

BRICS Brazil, Russia, India, China South Africa . Which one of those economies is going to replace G8? And do you really believe that South Africa won't side with Europe if push comes to shove? Or even Brazil?

And if China goes they never get paid back by the US do you think they can afford to write that off?

you cannot be completely sure about that.
I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I believe all of their economies, how long did you really believe the whole world would allow themselves to be tied down with the bondage of fiat currency. They are moving back toward money backed by gold, it is that simple, they are poised to survive the coming turbelence that is going to happen when countries stop propping up the petrodollar. I mean look at the Euro, in what way has that been successful?

new topics

top topics

join