It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our "bright" planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hello there members and non members of Abovetopsecret

I am sitting here looking at the album from "Love 'Cosmos?" posted by the huffingtonpost
and I must say those are som beautiful pictures of the universe, splendid!

Then a little thought struck me while I looked at this photograph:

It's a picture of Asia and Australia at night.

Is not Earth always lit up? I mean, would you see lights from any directions at any time being?
If so, do you think maybe if there is other beeings out there, that they would be accustomed with the light? And think or say "ah it's just how Narglako (Earth, I could not resist) is". The light comes from the inside because of "this" and "that" or perhaps some other explanation, you follow what I am trying to say?

Do you think Aliens believe Earth light up naturally and therefor does not come here purposely because of that?

I wonder if perhaps all on people on Earth did a experiment and turn off all lights for a few days...
would we suddenly get contact, visits or other signals that would indirect show is that they are out there?

My personal opinions about if they have visited or have been in contact with animals or humans (pretty much the same but I have to seperate those words anyway) are somewhat split. I like to think they have helped or are helping activly. But I am not certain of it.

Even though a experiment like the one mention above is quite impossible, it's an entertaining thought

My theory may be very out there but was not all theories at some point in time?
What do you guys think about this?

Thanks for your time and opinions

edit on 16-3-2014 by gamerman because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The image is beautiful first off....Off to read the actual post....

OK...Interesting theory though I don't quite follow it completely. What I think I understand is that aliens, way out there, may see an image of this planet that is the same as the image you posted. I guess you might think the earth had a really thin crust and light from the molten core was visible through cracks. Anyway, there you have it.
edit on 16-3-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

gamerman

Do you think Aliens believe Earth light up naturally and therefor does not come here purposely because of that?

They probably do like our scientists, and look at the light signature of the planet, and know what composes the atmosphere of said planet.

I think they would discover more than one trace of artificial whatever reflecting from our light signature.

I love Narglako!!!

PS: My answer looks thin... lol I mean to say, they would surely know this bubble is full of life, and what could motivate them to come or not would probably reflect why we would or not go? lol sorry.

edit on 16-3-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I second the love for "Narglako"

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think this image is fake.
There is to much light in the outback of Australia and only a small amount of light where the larger cities are.
Just sayin', it is a nice pic though.

I stand corrected.

The apparent abundance of lights in this satellite image of Australia’s desolate outback, is easily explained – the image is made up of multiple images taken over many days and combined one on top of the other. So occasional fires or lightning bursts here and there have apparently joined up to produce large light shows in remote areas.

spaceinfo.com.au...
edit on 16-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

I was thinking..."Give me a couple of days (cos I'm slow) using 3D-studio max and I could Produce that image, so I'm not completely sold on it being an actual photo. Either way it serves the purpose of the thread and is a very cool image.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

They did an image stack basically. Good on them and very well done. I too stand corrected!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

minkmouse
The image is beautiful first off....Off to read the actual post....

OK...Interesting theory though I don't quite follow it completely. What I think I understand is that aliens, way out there, may see an image of this planet that is the same as the image you posted. I guess you might think the earth had a really thin crust and light from the molten core was visible through cracks. Anyway, there you have it.
edit on 16-3-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

Yes indeed minkmouse that was my initial thought

If they had no data on how the Earth was built and only had those lights to look at and try to explain it.

It's a lovely photograph.
edit on 16-3-2014 by gamerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

NowanKenubi

gamerman

They probably do like our scientists, and look at the light signature of the planet, and know what composes the atmosphere of said planet.

I think they would discover more than one trace of artificial whatever reflecting from our light signature.

I love Narglako!!!

PS: My answer looks thin... lol I mean to say, they would surely know this bubble is full of life, and what could motivate them to come or not would probably reflect why we would or not go? lol sorry.

edit on 16-3-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

I see, perhaps in the same way we look at patterns of other planets through sattelites etc and we can then define if they are natural or not? But again, it might be hard to see? If you take the example of the "Mars animals" pictures that surfaced last year alot from Curiosity.

Thanks
I kinda like it now myself, Narglako my home planet

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

minkmouse
I second the love for "Narglako"

Much love tonight

(thumbs up!)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gamerman

I think that our TV transmissions are far more detectable than our lights. Some of the weirdest stuff to leave this planet is Black and White and currently 50 plus light years out.

I don't think they stay away but they do "keep their distance" because of things like this:

www.chud.com...

Hey Luuuuucy, Hey Rickieeee! Babbalooo!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You would need to be pretty close to see the lights, closer than Mars, probably closer than the moon too.

Eventually, earth would look like the other planets do from here, just a pale blue dot, as coined by Carl Sagan.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Scientists generate first map of clouds on an exoplanet

I saw that recently, and I remembered reading some things about analyses of atmospheres or along those lines. Maybe like in Star Trek, they wait for the apparition of a certain something in the atmosphere before coming over? Or the disappearance of something, showing that we evolve in a good way.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Really interesting read
!
I wonder...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

You would need to be pretty close to see the lights, closer than Mars, probably closer than the moon too.

Eventually, earth would look like the other planets do from here, just a pale blue dot, as coined by Carl Sagan.

It's sad. But maybe for the best.

top topics

join