It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WISE Survey Finds No Evidence of “Planet X”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

buster2010

vkey08

buster2010

vkey08
No Planet X, Sorry Dooomers

After searching hundreds of millions of objects across our sky, NASA’s Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) has turned up no evidence of the hypothesized celestial body in our solar system commonly dubbed “Planet X.”

Researchers previously had theorized about the existence of this large, but unseen celestial body, suspected to lie somewhere beyond the orbit of Pluto. In addition to “Planet X,” the body had garnered other nicknames, including “Nemesis” and “Tyche.”

This recent study, which involved an examination of WISE data covering the entire sky in infrared light, found no object the size of Saturn or larger exists out to a distance of 10,000 astronomical units (au), and no object larger than Jupiter exists out to 26,000 au. One astronomical unit equals 93 million miles. Earth is 1 au, and Pluto about 40 au, from the sun.

Sorry folks, there's no PlanetX, there's lots of other things out there, and within our realm of reach but no planet X....

Next doom prediction? Looks like Nancy Lieder is out of a job

You should actually read the article a little better next time. Because this is the part the planet X supporters will point out.

Both of the WISE searches were able to find objects the other missed, suggesting many other celestial bodies likely await discovery in the WISE data.

“We think there are even more stars out there left to find with WISE. We don’t know our own sun’s backyard as well as you might think,” said Wright.

This still gives the planet X'ers hope.

I didn't write the article, please direct that to the people that did, i just posted the article..

You may not have written the article but you certainly took time to change the title when you posted the link. Also your comment shows you either didn't read or understood what the article said.

I Understood it quite well, they did NOT find Planet X..they found no evidence to support Planet X, and they quite honestly put "there is no planet X" plain simple and to the point. There IS NO planet X, there are lots of other things out there (I indicated that as well) but NO PLANET X, what was I not understanding again?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by buster2010

This still gives the planet X'ers hope.
Not really. If any unknown stars (the word used by Wright), not planets, are found they won't qualify as Planet X.

This recent study, which involved an examination of WISE data covering the entire sky in infrared light, found no object the size of Saturn or larger exists out to a distance of 10,000 astronomical units (au), and no object larger than Jupiter exists out to 26,000 au. One astronomical unit equals 93 million miles. Earth is 1 au, and Pluto about 40 au, from the sun.
scitechdaily.com...

An object orbiting the Sun at a distance of 10,000 au would have a period of about 1,000,000 years.
edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And it also points out that at a certain distance it would be too faint to see. They could also do another survey and pick up something else they didn't see before.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And it also points out that at a certain distance it would be too faint to see. They could also do another survey and pick up something else they didn't see before.
But not a large object within 10,000 au. The precludes Planet X. There is no Planet X (aka Nemesis, aka Tyche, aka Nibiru).

Sure there might be something way, way out there. But it would not qualify as any of the above.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well what about the new "inhabitable " planets they found last week and all of the other "newly discovered" planets. Sitchen thought the great flood(s) was caused by a passing planet so some think it may return, please forgive him for possibly being wrong, please excuse his original ideas, are you ok now ?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

Well what about the new "inhabitable " planets they found last week and all of the other "newly discovered" planets.

What about them? They aren't Planet X. They are many light years away.

please forgive him for possibly being wrong,
Not possibly wrong. Just plain wrong.

edit on 3/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by lotusfoot

Well what about the new "inhabitable " planets they found last week and all of the other "newly discovered" planets.

What about them?
They aren't Planet X.

Funny stuff. I know you were not trying but yeah got me a goods chuckle

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

lotusfoot
Well what about the new "inhabitable " planets they found last week and all of the other "newly discovered" planets. Sitchen thought the great flood(s) was caused by a passing planet so some think it may return, please forgive him for possibly being wrong, please excuse his original ideas, are you ok now ?

you didn't think those inhabitable or "newly discovered" planets were in our Solar System did you?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i,m going to have go look for program i watched on british tv last week which has said that most stars in the universe are binary stars including ours,the other star could be on an orbit of 25 million years or near about.

also on that program they didn,t rule out another planet,they say something is affecting the orbit of comets in the oort cloud which is sending them our way but they don,t know exactlly what the cause could be cause if we have another star in orbit it shoudn,t be affecting it for another few million years unless they have it wrong.

post link when i find it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

lotusfoot

Too many people have died because of Stichen's "possibly being wrong" to let this go, too many people have been sucked into a hole becaus eof this PlanetX stuff, it needs to end, the goalposts removed and it all just forgotten about if we're ever going to get past it all.

Unfortunately you have people like Nancy Lieder and John Moore still pushing it and gullible people eating it all up..

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by vkey08

So what's your point? To ridicule people who believes in something?

edit on 10-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Why not they were talking BS they were told they were talking BS , so that's planet x, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny & god.

That will save some internet bandwidth !!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What if the sun was to give birth.
Or its coming from a north or south pole position.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

NASA’s Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) has turned up no evidence of the hypothesized celestial body in our solar system commonly dubbed “Planet X.”

Oh By NASA again? the same NASA that cant afford better cameras to put on Mars?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone on ATS claim PX is real since it predictably didn't show up in 2012. IMO the whole thing has died down now, we even had hardcore supporters of PX theory stating they'd let go if it didn't show up by January 2013.

They believed in something and they were wrong, no need to beat on these people anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Vasteel
I haven't seen anyone on ATS claim PX is real since it predictably didn't show up in 2012. IMO the whole thing has died down now, we even had hardcore supporters of PX theory stating they'd let go if it didn't show up by January 2013.

They believed in something and they were wrong, no need to beat on these people anymore.

There have been a few that have stated since 2012 that PlanetX was just delayed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join