It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Planes aersoling our skies over Austin Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dapaga

Please look into cloud seeding. Not that it's anything to worry about, but you cannot see it from the ground.

I appreciate the way you look at this, it's refreshing.

cloud seeding
Then key is, there must already be clouds that are close to dumping rain in order for cloud seeding to work. (and then it's kind of a toss up as to if the cloud seeding made it rain, or it was going to rain anyway) But if I was in the business of cloud seeding for money, I would tell you that the seeding ALWAYS works. (since it cannot be proven either way)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Dapaga

Do you know what cirrus clouds are?

I do.

This is obviously a topic that rises passion in people. I have looked at both sides, and as in the video I linked to (thanks for posting it Network Dude) it is safe to argue that are two types of contrails; those that dissipate and those that do not.

I am just looking for the truth.

If what you say is true and it is no more than a cirrus cloud up in the sky; then it looks to me like it might be a military cloud seeding project.

Cloud seeding is not done at high altitudes, and is done to a different sort of cloud.

As for Network Dude's video, you should not automatically believe THAT either. I'm not saying the information in his video is wrong, but you should do your own investigation into trying to understand the SCIENCE being discussed.

It's a good idea not to blindly believe something you see on the internet without understanding the "why".

edit on 3/4/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

So you understand that cirrus are composed of ice crystals?
reply to post by mrthumpy

Hmmm... not sure if my understanding of clouds is the reason the OP posted the video. I think he was looking for answers to what he described as "not natural" maybe he should have described it as "appears intentional". Then we wouldn't have a cloud debate.

[I want to add, that I do not know a lot about clouds (is it obvious?) and I see no point in debating you. you win. But that doesn't mean the search for an answer is over]

edit on 4-3-2014 by Dapaga because: claify

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I re-posted that video to help Dapaga, but also to try to explain why (using common sense) that video might show a short trail that dissipates quickly, and the OP's video showed lasting trails. (hence the cloud cover in one, and the absence in the other)

I ignored the commentary in the video.
edit on 4-3-2014 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't know much regarding chemtrails or contrails, how or why they appear etc. What i do know is what i see and I recall being fascinated by seeing jets way up in the sky leaving trails that looked exactly like what is in the video and this was in the late 70s and early 80s.

Most people didn't notice them since, in my area anyway, they were way up in the sky and distinctly remember them stretching for miles and they did expand out after awhile and, like i said, for some reason this fascinated me so when i went out i always looked up when i went out and sure enough I would usually see them.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Harvin because: clean up

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Dapaga

Hmmm... not sure if my understanding of clouds is the reason the OP posted the video. I think he was looking for answers to what he described as "not natural" maybe he should have described it as "appears intentional". Then we wouldn't have a cloud debate.

Actually, since contrails are man made clouds, it's vitally important to comprehend clouds. (in this debate) And yes, both sides are very determined.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Harvin
I dont know much regarding chemtrails or contrails, how or why they appear etc. What i do know is what i see and I recall being fascinated by seeing jets way up in the sky leaving trails that looked exactly like that and this was in the late 70s and early 80s.

Same here. I remember asking the question to an aeronautical engineer in the early 90's, but the memory of these contrails was from many years back. BTW, the engineer had no idea why some lingered and some persisted. Maybe he was not paying attention in class?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Actually, since contrails are man made clouds, it's vitally important to comprehend clouds. (in this debate) And yes, both sides are very determined.

Good point, Dude; and there is not enough information to truly argue any other point.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

network dude

Harvin
I dont know much regarding chemtrails or contrails, how or why they appear etc. What i do know is what i see and I recall being fascinated by seeing jets way up in the sky leaving trails that looked exactly like that and this was in the late 70s and early 80s.

Same here. I remember asking the question to an aeronautical engineer in the early 90's, but the memory of these contrails was from many years back. BTW, the engineer had no idea why some lingered and some persisted. Maybe he was not paying attention in class?

It seems like few people look up, but if you are looking for something in particular you're going to notice it more often. Actually...that is one of the few things i do recall from my childhood and i really see no difference from what i saw back then compared to what is in the video.

I could be wrong but it seems like the air quality has gotten better since the 70s and 80s due to stricter regulations on coal plants and automobiles. I cannot see something particularly nefarious since we all breathe the same air. But I am not a scientist.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Harvin

If you look at some posts in this forum, you will get a chuckle. There are people who will adamantly claim that there were NEVER these trails in the sky when they were young. Yet you and I and I suspect a few others, distinctly remember them. And sadly, they base the fear of chemtrails, largely on that point. But trying to get them to change their mind is almost as tough as getting me to change mine.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It's a tofu-powder mixture for the hipsters at SXSW.
edit on 3/4/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
not getting into the chemtrail weeds as it never gets anywhere….that said

Human_Alien I am glad to see you posting. I almost never agree with you but I have missed the color and character you bring to ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Urantia1111
Commercial airliners don't fly 5 abreast in formation like that. As far as whether they're chemtrailing or not, the real proof would be a video shot about an hour later. If that area has gone from mostly sunny to mostly cloudy due to those "contrails" spreading out to blanket a large portion of sky, its chems.

That's simply an ignorant statement. Are you implying that those contrails would just linger for an hour, spreading out? Ridiculous.

In an hour, those contrails would be nowhere near.

Do the clouds where you live simply form over your head all the time, or do they move in from hundreds of miles away?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by Harvin

If you look at some posts in this forum, you will get a chuckle. There are people who will adamantly claim that there were NEVER these trails in the sky when they were young. Yet you and I and I suspect a few others, distinctly remember them. And sadly, they base the fear of chemtrails, largely on that point. But trying to get them to change their mind is almost as tough as getting me to change mine.

It's always good to be aware and i am sure they are sincere. There may not be many here who recognize or saw these decades ago. They may be too young to have noticded or just didnt look up that often. My contention is that i saw trails identical to those when i was around ten years old and i will be 50 soon...so it was a long time ago.
At 10 or so years old it was very memorable, the trails and the speed was what you tended to notice. Could be living in a city as opposed to the country is why we saw them...also, i am almost 50 and been on a plane one time so i am not an expert.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hopefully they're trying to hide Nibiru from us.
We could use a good orbital ejection. That'd teach us.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Dapaga

[I want to add, that I do not know a lot about clouds (is it obvious?) and I see no point in debating you. you win. But that doesn't mean the search for an answer is over]

edit on 4-3-2014 by Dapaga because: claify

The OP said he wasn't interested in debating it so I don't see much point in directing my comments to someone so closed minded.

The reason I'm bringing up clouds is to get you to think about this comment you made

I always understood that a true contrail was ice crystals forming behind the plane. However, a true contrail, being made of ice, soon disappears because the ice melts.

You have highlighted the basis upon which the entire chemtrail theory is based and hopefully you can see the flaw in it

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Human_Alien
Look see, what preytale can this be?

As for emissions, the visible stuff you see in a contrail is NOT dirty emissions, but are mostly crystals of water-ice, and much of that water comes from moisture already in the atmosphere before the plane flew through it. Sure, a jet also creates some dirty emissions, but automobiles and industrial factory emissions cause much more air pollution than planes.

edit on 3/4/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Close, but not perfect. Because of the extreme low temperatures at contrail altitudes (-100F or so), there is very little ambient moisture.Jet fuel (dodecane), which is C12H26, burns in an oxygen rich atmosphere The H and the O combine to make water and the C and O make carbon dioide. There is a little left over carbon which is emitted as pure carbon black soot. Like all hydrocarbon fuels, there is some sulfur contamination, so that is emitted and can combine with the H and O to form H2SO4 (sulfuric acid causing acid rain),and jet fuel also carries anti-microbial and anti-icing additives such as Prist. But there is very little of that additive. Our 747s carry about 60,000 gallons of fuel and to that 60 to 90 gallons of additive is added. Prist is almost pure ethylene glycol monomethyl ether, another organic that combusts completely.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

They do not leave mile-long trails.

Would that be just over you or is that everywhere?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Commercial airliners don't fly 5 abreast in formation like that.

And why do they have to be flying in a 5 abreast formation?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's another video from Texas that appears to be the same 5 jets from a different angle:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join