It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Security Council discuss recent events in the Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.un.org...

1 March 2014 – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Saturday called for direct dialogue between all concerned amid the growing tensions in the Crimea region of Ukraine, as the United Nations Security Council holds urgent talks for the second day in a row on the crisis.

The live feed can be accessed here:

www.unmultimedia.org...

Scroll down, with the Headline "Live From UN Webcast", and it will give you the live feed to the Security Council meeting.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Sweet was looking for live feed!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Ive already posted this

nvm . cant get the link to work to my post

edit on 1-3-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is a joke, does this mean its over? A whole Breaking news UN council emergency meeting... 5 minutes? We really are heading for a war, either this is one big screen, or its already a done deal.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If people have prep stuff they haven't done? I mean general disaster prep stuff in a "been meaning to do that" kinda of way?

Tomorrow isn't the time. Today is. Maybe things change back.. I hope.. well. I can't really explain what I'm feeling.. It's a spiritual/Faith thing.. Just don't put anything off that could get done. At the same time, don't do anything outside what wouldn't already be on a to-do list. Nothing to panic or get stupid with. Just don't procrastinate the basics.

Today.

It's no game tho... absolutely, no game.

All my personal opinion here. Nothing more or less.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know; this is the first time I read something from you I don't understand haha! My sympathies. Muzzleflash made this post today talking about the significance of March the Ides of March and the symbolic mambo jambo.. game the chills lol.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

I'm watching the statements reporting by feed from the Russian and American sides and then ..as I'm seeing things back and forth between the two most powerful nations Earth currently has on it's surface...I'm thinking, how dispatches and cables looked in historic archives prior to other events in history. What led up. Not months. Not years in advance. Just days or hours.

The US just called for immediate deployment of UN observers into the Ukraine proper...and that came after Russia basically saying Nyet.

Neither sides "machine" of state knows HOW to back up and neither side can win. A collision has always been the worst case most planners just don't bother with. Why? It's just variations on doom. The only way it ever happens is by egos and blind miscalculation. As ..it's happened before, so it happens again, and history does come back around in cycles.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have much the same feeling. I cannot explain in a way that would convince anyone else, nor do I wish to try.

There's a bottle of Laphroaig 30 year old single malt I've kept in the cupboard, unopened, for about 6 years waiting for a special occasion or good reason to open it.

I am currently drinking it.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just been reading a piece on The Joint Chiefs meeting this afternoon..
The US is going to do Squat..
Neither is Europe.

They are already saying if Putin moves on Ukraine then They will
all boycott the G8 Summit in June.

So unless Putin is stupid enough to move on Poland , this deal is done.

The status Quo will return to Ukraine in the near future and we all live
for the next round... where ever it may be.

Most likely the best outcome for now. Though sooner
or later someone strong is going to have to deal with Putin's mafia.

Think how horrific that is.. a Russian AL Capone in charge of the worlds 2nd biggest military... oops

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

UKRAINIAN POLITICAL CRISIS
4m
US to suspend participation in preparatory meetings for G8 Summit in Sochi, Russia; warns of 'greater political economic isolation,' White House says - @Rueters

think it's already on the way

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
If people have prep stuff they haven't done? I mean general disaster prep stuff in a "been meaning to do that" kinda of way?

Tomorrow isn't the time. Today is. Maybe things change back.. I hope.. well. I can't really explain what I'm feeling.. It's a spiritual/Faith thing.. Just don't put anything off that could get done. At the same time, don't do anything outside what wouldn't already be on a to-do list. Nothing to panic or get stupid with. Just don't procrastinate the basics.

Today.

It's no game tho... absolutely, no game.

All my personal opinion here. Nothing more or less.

Once again I find myself agreeing with a rabbit. Something insane about that statement on so many levels lol. I am not sure if it is nuclear war or the earth going through the on coming comet debris field they are not telling us about.

So many things happening all at once right now, convergence. Radiation killing ocean, pollution so bad in China it is ending up on our coast. Course don't hear so much from that either. Well about ten seconds on abc lol.

The point is this feeling that rabbit is talking about has been welling up in me for months now. Something is coming. I like many are in no financial position to prep, taking everything just to survive. Sometimes it gets really depressing lol.

It is like you are watching a movie, you know the Meteor storm is coming now, the elite can't hide it anymore, then you realize you are one of the ones not on the boat, or ship, or whatever lol. The sinking feeling hits you, something is coming, that really will be you lol.

All we can really do is keep the guns clean, the powder dry, and try and prepare best we can.

Put up water, buy extra can goods when you can, long life stuff tuna, salmon. Plan where you could go. If there was an invasion, yea unlikely, but if, plan where is there wilderness close to you. Look there is no way to prepare for everything. Just do what you can, that is all any of us can do.

If you are sensitive at all you know something bad this way comes lol.

Good thoughts for my friends here,

The Bot

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This was over before it even started.

Putin knew how poor and weak US leadership was, and he took advantage.

I wonder when China will take back Taiwan?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
And the Russian delegate laughs on the inside holding his Veto chip.

top topics

join