It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2009 Startrek cast first choice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Wait there is a new scooby doo? or were you using it as a example lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahn369
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Gary Sinise was in talks at one point to play Bones.
Lol are you making these up? becouse they are the worst possible people to pick

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

Wait there is a new scooby doo? or were you using it as a example lol

Oh no, just using as example....sorry, i would love it...and you know, I actually 'enjoyed' those psuedo real life movies.....not as anything to be held on a platter, but because it brought the kid out in me...you know? No, there isn't one that I know of.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

No
:

movies.ign.com...

Daniel Dae Kim from Lost was considered for Sulu.
edit on 9-1-2012 by jahn369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

reply to post by LvSLoLo

Gary Sinise was in talks at one point to play Bones.
Lol are you making these up? becouse they are the worst possible people to pick

I like Gary as an actor...but seriously old for the role with the age range this movie was aiming at.....logically, that would have made him in his 70s when kirk is in his 30-40s...might have made a decent bones, ......wait, no, gary is too serious...mccoy was never serious serious unless he was trying not to be serious.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

OK....nice, thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

reply to post by LvSLoLo

No
:

movies.ign.com...

Daniel Dae Kim from Lost was considered for Sulu.

Ok that guy as sulu would actualy work but the others are awful it would basicaly be raping star trek lol

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

James McAvoy as Scotty

movies.ign.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

OK....everyone!!!

You may "not" consider yourselves "true" Star Trek fans unless you can just sit back, and laugh, at "Gag Reels".....

Most are aware of this tradition, by now.....but back in the 1960s, it was all "inside hollywood" stuff, usually cut for the "wrap parties", and never intended to be shown to the "public". But, here you have it.....

OK, the J.J. Abrams version:

AND for those real "Star Trek: The Original Series" avid fans and experts, the "wrap party" and well...."released" so-called "Bloopers" from the Original Series:

And part 2:

NO, THIS is the original one.....just found it.....ENJOY!:

edit on Mon 9 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thank you, those were fun....and your right, hard to keep a straight if you really appreciate their 'role'...spock cussing is epic

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Damn ill watch the videos when i get a chance my internet really slow for some reason for past few days

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here, for all the Star Trek fans of the U.S.S. Enterprise....(not including the alternate timeline version from the 2009 movie.....heh, heh).....:

Oops, a bit wide, so there's the scroll bar.......

edit on Fri 13 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok wlf why does this say benedict cumberbatch is going to be khan?

www.imdb.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Oh, dear.

If their next script has to plumb the depths of the Original Episode's reference to Khan, from "Space Seed", and the subsequent Khan resurrection in "The Wrath of Khan", then this may not bode well.

There is the Timeline for Khan Noonian SIngh, which is canon for Star Trek Original Series from the 1960s. This timeline connects TOS with he film "Star Trek II"....

However, from the Star Trek re-boot of 2009, and alternate history created (thus, effectively eliminating all Star Trek canon history from TOS, and all prior films.....as of Kirk's birth in 2233.....).....Khan's ship, Botany Bay had left Earth, with crew in suspended animation, in 1996 after the end of the "Eugenics Wars".....so those events still pre-date the 2009 film re-boot ("re-imagining") version's altered timeline, post Kirk's birth.

Perhaps they want to flesh out and "re-make" TOS television episode from 1967?? Seems unimaginative.........

Khan has another "alternate timeline", created due to novelists and books published.....but, even then, he died in 2172. The Original Series Enterprise and Kirk's encounter with him and his crew has been established to have occurred in 2267 (per official Original Star Trek canon).

In any case, a visit to startrek.com, and the Press Release says that production is progressing, and:.....and is scheduled for May 17, 2013 release.

Item January 16, 2012

Item January 07, 2012

The Star Trek (2009) sequel is ramping up quickly. Set to begin principal production in the next few weeks.....

More info on Press Releases.....shooting started some days ago, in LA (I presume on the sound stages, which means set building and pre-production is finished.....location scouting, etc):

Item January 18, 2012

The cameras have been rolling for a couple of days now on JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, but Paramount has now sent out the formal press release confirming the news.

The film is shooting in Los Angeles at the moment, and Paramount has confirmed that Benedict Cumberbatch, Alive Eve and Peter Weller are amongst the new members of the cast.

Benedict Cumberbatch, meanwhile, was at the Golden Globes earlier in the week, and MTV caught up with him for a quick chat.

They tried to press him on his exact role in the film, suggesting they knew he was playing the villain. “I don’t think we do know that, I think that is just supposition”, he argued, going on to say that if he did spill the beans, he “wouldn’t have a job in this town”.

As usual, there will be very tight security on the actual script details.....very, very typical of the Star Trek franchises nowadays.....

And the Golden Globes were just last Sunday, January 15.......

OH!!! Followed an MTV link, for this:

MTV article

(Video at bottom discusses Cumberbatch).....

edit on Wed 18 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well whatever happens i hope its worth it dont want something as good as the last star trek movie being spoilt

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join