It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles vetoed gov't bills

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is much ado about nothing. This legislation only applies to private land owned by the Duchy of Cornwall not the people or whatever.

Besides it's more or less obvious that Prince William will be the next British monarch. Passing the crown to Charles would be stupid being that William is more popular and less traditional. Prince Charles needs 179 personal staff ... Prince William only requires about a dozen (and half of those are Met Police Royalty Protection Branch officers). Prince Charles will NOT be King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the other realms and territories.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Prince Charles will NOT be King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the other realms and territories.

Well unless he dies before his own dear mother, he will be king.

You know, I own land. Maybe I shoud be able to veto any Bills that effect my interests. You should be able to do the same.

The difference is though, maybe we would chose NOT to veto or take up the option of reading the Bill before it is sent to be voted into law, especially possessing the knowledge we have gleaned about the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Vlad Tepes was not Dracula (Bram Stoker's fantasy). He was a psychopathic genius.
Much like Prince Phillip

Prince Phillip's great. Shame the Queen Mum's not still alive too....
Wait...
When did the Queen die? Did I miss something?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
You know, I own land. Maybe I shoud be able to veto any Bills that effect my interests. You should be able to do the same.

The difference is though, maybe we would chose NOT to veto or take up the option of reading the Bill before it is sent to be voted into law, especially possessing the knowledge we have gleaned about the world.

AFAIK there's no suggestion that he did ever veto anything tho is there??

So how would your suggestion be any different?? Or did you mean you WOULD choose to veto some stuff??

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If Prince Charles were to become the Governor General of Australia (as has been proposed) would he still be eligible to become king?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Queen Mum, not the Queen.
I take it you're not British....
It's a small island across this large puddle of water from where there used to be two towers but now there's a mosque.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

Queen Mum, not the Queen.
I take it you're not British....
It's a small island across this large puddle of water from where there used to be two towers but now there's a mosque.
No, I'm not British.
Yes, I'm well aware of what and where England is.
I did not know that 'Queen Mum' did not refer to the Queen herself, and there was really no reason to be that snarky.
Sorry if I pissed in your tea
edit on 11/2/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
If Prince Charles were to become the Governor General of Australia (as has been proposed) would he still be eligible to become king?

Yes.

2nd

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Lol, that's alright. You're forgiven

Sometimes Americans have a little problem with international geography

The queen Mother was a much beloved figure who died about 10 years ago, shortly after her 101st birthday.
She was famous for being steeped in gin

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Wow, I am shocked.

Because the Prime Minister and the government have the power to make or break laws - the monarchy does not have that power.

What is going on here - British government, say no.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I thought she was famous for:

1/ dressing up to go visit bomb sites in WW2 on the basis that dressing up showed that she was taking things seriously - the working class folk she visited though it meant she was an aristocratic/royal ponce taking the piss, and

2/ Saying, when Buck house took a bomb, "Thanks god - now I can look the East End in the face" or something like that??

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

She was famous because she didn't leave London during the bombing.
She could have gone to Balmoral but didn't.
Compare that to how 'modern leaders' act - they either get airborne or are moved into bunkers thousands of miles away from where their populace could be attacked.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

It appears that Prince Charles is not ABOVE the law after all:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join