It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sins of the Father (a story of the paranormal)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
He Awoke with his body in one of its horrible contorted states. Being used to this he jumped off the bed and whipped the sweat and blood soaked sheet from the stained mattress.
He would have to get rid of it ,it was starting to smell.Only recently had the bleeding accompanied those all to real night terrors.
John wasnt sure where the blood came from , he would always check his entire body for the origin of the bleeding ,it just seemed to come out of his pores.
He walked to the bathroom slowly and flicked on the light.
The mirror revealed a young man with green eyes ,dark hair,covered from head to toe in blood.
His pupils were so dialated that his iris seemed not to exist .
He figured this was a side affect of the night terrors along with the blood and incredible amounts of sweat.
The shower made him feel physically better but did little to ease the demons that minutes earlier had set his brain on fire.
He toweled off , went back to his bed,stood there and sighed .If someone had seen him in his earlier state they would have thought that he was a mad man or a murderer.
John knew that if he put his night terrors into words and told a psychiatrist that they would at least temporarily put him in a mental hospital.
He picked up his bed sheet and examined it,the sheet was stained permanent.
Tommorrow he would purchase new sheets and a mattress ,this was routine.
Money was no problem for John ,his father was a famous televangelist who had been caught with his hands in the cookie jar,missing church funds,young prostitutes and ties to organized crime eventually led to drug use ,then suicide.
They found him in a small seedy motel in Florida ,with a needle in his arm and a bible in his hand.
John was taken care of though and had several millions in his account . He wondered if going into a hospital wasnt the right thing to do and at least maybe they could explain the blood and where it was coming from.
He had heard nothing but bad things about mental hospitals and he was almost sure thats where they would put him. He put this thought aside for now.
Looking out his studio apartment at the Manhattan skyline made him feel small and alone.
The clock said 3:14 am on dresser,four hours sleep was better than none.
The old warehouse he lived in was purchased for a couple of hundred thousand, an additional seventy took care of the renovations and alarm system,he had renovated almost the entire tenth floor and shored up some loose spots thru out the building.
The terrible screams had forced him to leave his last apartment. He knew then that his next residence would either have to be sound proof or isolated from the rest of humanity.
to be continued:

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sounds good so far. It sounds like one of those famous authors. Please continue. I want to know that happens. Looking forward to the end.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
John took the stairs to the roof , often he went there after one of his episodes.
The warm mid summer air filled his head and helped ease the dread that he felt after waking from that realm of hallucinogenic horror.
There was no way to force the scenario from his head.
John found himself standing at the back of a long wide hall. He squinted and peered down the aisle.
Piles of rubble on either side resembled broken benches and chairs.
It was dark, but not pitch and the illumination came from somewhere unseen.
There were no windows and when he looked up, just space. His legs were frozen, wouldnt budge,no matter how great the effort.
The hall filled with a strange humming ,the stench of moldy newspaper and possibly human decay filled his nostrils as he gagged and felt nauseous.
At the front of the hall the air turned wavey and distorted .
The sound of sheets being ripped to pieces preceeded the figure that appeared ,on what looked to be a make shift stage.
The figure shifted slightly and looked to be made of a blackish ,red ,boiling jelly like substance.
The figure pointed at him and began to scream incoherrent guttural ramblings.
It sounded like different voices all gibbering at once and none of it understandable.

to be continued:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
John shook, his throat pinched tight, he tried to scream his rage at this being and let it know he was not afraid even though he was completely terrified.
A gasp was the only thing that managed to leave his mouth.
The figure flowed down the aisle in what seemed to be an eternity to John,
He could feel his hair stand on end and the wetness run down his leg as his bladder released.
A mass of quivering hell stood before him within arms length and began its horrifying babble once more.
The creature reared its head back and swung its upper limbs in a giant arc toward his head, an instant later the hot fluid like jelly filled his entire head ,he could not scream or move and the feeling of being suffocated and drowning simultaneously was overwhelming.
Thats when John snapped back into this world and exploded off his bed as if he was a bolt of kinetic energy.

to be continued:

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
intriguing story, I like where you going with it, carry on..

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Do you have a word processor, like word or something? If you have one, type on there then copy and paste it here, it looks better.

Other than that, it is a pretty interesting story, please continue.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
wait don't use word as of yet, there is some sort of code thingy thing that SO said messes up something or the other...I would ask him or JB first before using word, it may only apply to ATSNN, but i ain't sure at the moment.
maybe you can ask an moderator to help you edit the format or do it yourself to make easier on the eyes or correct any errors. the content of the story is fine.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I always used word, it must be with Atsnn, but I'm no expert.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Do you have a word processor, like word or something? If you have one, type on there then copy and paste it here, it looks better.

Other than that, it is a pretty interesting story, please continue.

i dont believe i have that ability but i will try to format it better for easier reading or maybe i can get a mod to help...
thanks

new topics

top topics

join