It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personality Changes Associated with Organ Transplant Surgery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not just organ transplant. People who receive fecal matter transplants report things from personality shifts, change in preferences, and even weight loss if the donor is super skinny.

Fecal matter transplants?

Why in God's name would anyone want that?

It gives me the shivers just thinking about it...

It is actually the only treatment for certain things like a flashed gut flora from anti biotics or IBS.

They run the fecal matter through a centrifuge and get the micro organisms out.

It can reseed someone’s gut flora with all the things you need.

Before that it could take years of probiotics to get someone’s flora where it needed to be.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My uncle got a doodoo transplant, and turned into a complete poop head.

*ba dump, tsss*

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The OP sounds kind of interesting. I suppose it is possible, but also it might have something to do with the anti-rejection drugs these people have to take with the organ transplant. It would be hard to evaluate the actual cause of this correlation.

Today I seem to be using more technical terms, mind is not up to par to translate to layman's terms today. I hate sounding like a nerd.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

They can't use antibiotics and require a better source of "microbiota".

Sometimes it's the only way to cure certain gut-related conditions.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I've always said I wouldn't want an organ transplant.

Now a blood transfusion? Maybe.

If there are any residuals from the donor in the blood, I would think the body would filter it because the body is constantly making new blood. It can't make new organs so you get stuck with personality residuals from organs, but I'm not sure about the blood. I think it might be okay.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I dont think any sane person wants to be the recipient of the likes of an organ transplant FlyersFan.

Different story though if they require such to continue to survive.

As to blood transfusions, the benefits of blood transfusions outweigh the potential dangers.

Especially in life-threatening situations or where they are required to perform medical procedures.

Without the ability to transfuse blood major surgery would be impossible.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I didn't see this in any of the replies so I'll just leave this here...

Every organ, every bone, every element of the human body is formed based on the genetic (DNA) fabric of that person. Even if you drain all the blood, and sterilize what is left (which they don't), you will still have the genetic structure of that (other) person inside of a transplanted organ. You can't get rid of it without destroying it in the process.

So, it makes perfect sense to me that there would be changes in a person receiving an organ from another genetic model. All the immunosuppresent drugs do is keep the recipient's body from waging war against the 'intruder'. But it doesn't alter the genetic structure of the 'intruder'; it can't, else it would die. In a way, it's almost like a co-mingling of genetics; over time they will naturally evolve differently than they would have without the foreign genetics.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
Fecal matter transplants?

Supposedly it's a thing about 'good bacteria'.
Southpark did a good episode on this topic.
They had Tom Brady poop being in high demand
because everyone using Tom Brady poop for
transplant would get his super powers ... it was a great episode.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join