It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4/27/24 New Jersey Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Funny .. I was just wondering this morning if there was going to be another one anytime soon. this one was smaller. But still an unusual event for this area of the country. Did NOT feel it in Wilmington DE this time. The map for reports looks like it was mostly felt in North New Jersey.

ETA ... I'm looking at reports and it's the same town. I don' tknow if its the same fault line. I suspect probably .

NY Post Earthquake NYC Region Weeks After 4.8 Magnitude Quake

The New York area was rattled by another earthquake Saturday morning.

The magnitude 2.9 quake hit roughly 4 miles southwest of Gladstone, New Jersey, just before 9 a.m., according to the United States Geological Survey.

The epicenter is roughly 45 miles from the Big Apple.

There were no initial reports of damage to structures, roadways, or infrastructure from the latest quake, according to the New Jersey Office of Emergency Management.

edit on 4/27/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This is weird , Last night I was watching Tik Tok videos and there was one of a guy in NJ hearing a very loud emergency test with a guy saying Tsunami on its way move to high ground immediately.

In the comments it aid it was a malfunction of the EBS . But now we have an earthquake in Jersey. HMMM

I found it it was last night.

edit on 27-4-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

Yeah .. that's WEIRD!!

I"ve been looking to see if NYC felt it. It was in their area. SO far not much ...

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I didn't feel this one at all in NE PA. I certainly felt the last one though, it shook the house. This one was a bit farther east in NJ and with the significantly lower magnitude.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If nothing else, interesting that 4/27/24 is a palindrome

Maybe not for us here in the UK. We go day, month, year. Which would be 27/04/24.

But I digress...

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The area New York city is built on has been pretty stable, but there is a chance there could be a pretty bad quake in that area someday but I cannot remember what the reason was. It may happen now, or it could happen in three hundred years, so I would not worry much about it. The fact that NYC has so many high buildings in some areas is where the concern is. Will those skyscrapers withstand the kind of earthshaking that would happen in that geological area. The article I read did push a little doom and gloom for the city when it does happen...but who knows what will be there in a hundred years.

I am not worrying about NYC tumbling to the ground...I live in the UP of Michigan, I worry about ten feet of snow in one storm or the power going out for a week or more.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

This is weird , Last night I was watching Tik Tok videos and there was one of a guy in NJ hearing a very loud emergency test with a guy saying Tsunami on its way move to high ground immediately.

In the comments it aid it was a malfunction of the EBS . But now we have an earthquake in Jersey. HMMM

I found it it was last night.

Great video. This site has good information. The videos are short and dynamic. Two examples:

This parking lot has been filled with an astounding number of mostly "Budget" moving vans/trucks in the last few days.

And some fun ones:

Baby elephant escapes to sleep with trainer.

Sorry FlyersFan for going off topic, PhilliesFan.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   
2.9 is a mild aftershock and should be expected as with most significant quakes 4+ on the Richter scale. Not really a surprise.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
She mentions the Eclipse which as of tomorrow will be 3 weeks ago and nothing happened involving moving trucks. So basically this was just someone being paranoid and trying to join the Eclipse doom wagon! I really don't like people like that they are not being minute men warning us of impending doom! They are ignorant people who do no investigating and post stuff for likes, spreading mistrust and fear!

originally posted by: soulrevival
This parking lot has been filled with an astounding number of mostly "Budget" moving vans/trucks in the last few days.

Sorry FlyersFan for going off topic, PhilliesFan.

edit on 28-4-2024 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Another part of that u-ground base got zotzed.

posted on Apr, 29 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'm a Jersey girl, but we moved to Georgia when I was 10. We were in Jersey the day before, visiting my grandparents for the week. I started doing some digging, and what I found has kinda baffled me. So, according to the USGS site, the reality is New Jersey for the entire month of April has had a series of tremors equaling to 158 of them in total. In comparison.... there have only been 123 recorded tremors from 1957 to March of 2024. 10 of those being in the magnitude of 3, and one in 2017 being a 4.1. 121 in 65 years, vs. 158 in a month. Anyone else find that weird?

new topics

top topics

join