It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with extreme paints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nothing serious here, just some videos to distract you from the stresses of the world for a bit. Hopefully you'll find them entertaining. These explore the world of extreme paints. The effects are pretty mind bending, not something you see every day. Both channels do some pretty amazing things, if you are into science or car painting. There's actually an interesting story behind the war over the blackest paint - Black paint feud. Semple has since upped the ante with Black 3.0 and now Black 4.0.

Here, James Ogill, the owner/host of the Youtube channel The Action Lab has some fun with paints. Musou black - the blackest black paint (at that time) and LIT - the glowiest paint. He performs all sorts of science based experiments and demonstrations on his channel.

Black room

Glow room

Here are a few from the channel Dip Your Car, a channel focused on car paints and effects.

Mood ring car

Blackest car

Hypershift over black

Hope you enjoyed them!

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Yep, love this kind of stuff.

Dip Your Car, I already follow, but the other one is new to me... so thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

How much I live painting.
Thanks for your very nice thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22
a reply to: GeorgeVanTassel

I'm glad you both enjoyed them. Both sites do cool things, but in different mediums.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
a reply to: Encia22
a reply to: GeorgeVanTassel

I'm glad you both enjoyed them. Both sites do cool things, but in different mediums.

Great stuff!

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So cool! That black car looks like a portal to a faraway nebula.
The owner is so lucky.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard

So cool! That black car looks like a portal to a faraway nebula.
The owner is so lucky.

I like the faraway nebula comment!

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Don't steal that black car. It belongs to Hotblack Desiato of the rock group Disaster Area. It is actually their star dive ship but Marvin will not tell you this before you start diving into a star on locked autopilot.

It is just amazingly amazing black.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Unfortunately, that black paint isn't designed to be used on cars. It can't be sealed or topcoated and it's very fragile, scratches off easy. They only painted the car for the video, to see what it would look like. But it is amazing. They have a similar, newer video they did with a Mustang, with a newer, supposedly blacker paint and also added the "stars" to it, but to my eye, this car was just a tad bit blacker. I think they put too much hypershift on the Mustang and it took away some of the blackness.
BTW, they also painted a car with the glow in the dark paint that The Action Lab used to paint that room. It's bizarre to see a glowing car driving around.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Really enjoyed those first two.
It was nice coming to ATS today and not having to jiggle the panic switch.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Will watch this later tonight , are you sure the black on show is not just a very dark blue

m.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenTame
Really enjoyed those first two.
It was nice coming to ATS today and not having to jiggle the panic switch.

Stick around it is still early , wait until the afternoon crew come in for the fun and games

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That was funny, and actually why I didn't post the second video with the Mustang that I mentioned in the other comments. After they applied the hypershift it had more of a dark purplish hue, even more so than the EVO in the video here.

posted on Apr, 28 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The human eyes are weird things especially when it comes to colours and persepion , I have come across a colour blind painter many years ago ikyn who did the outside woodwork yellow instead of brown

top topics

join