It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-eclipse sunburn. Now. Backyard. WOAH.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
WTH! My face was getting hotter n redder in the 30 mins prior to our Michigan eclipse start time of 1:56.

Was on my deck w dog sunning, face was burning more n more the closer it got. Came in 5 mins prior to it (right over our house looking south)... and my face is beet red.

It's not even HOT out today. The rays on face got tingly before the start.

Only 30 mins, I'm sunburnt on face. It was like the sun was pushing rays to the side or something.

Quite odd. No?

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not really.
It is 65 F, in MI, in April.

And the spring sun will burn you quick. I used to start laying out in April, if the weather cooperated.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've done that many times on a cool day. Nice breeze blowing, Sun doesn't feel hot and then next thing ya know, you start to feel the burn. You can get burned even on cloudy days. The UV sneaks up on ya.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

That is very normal. Everyone with glasses will get a reverse raccoon mask sunburn.

That is why welders use hoods for arc welding and not goggles or glasses. Your eyes are not the only part that needs protection from the Sun.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

in germany we had the pleasure of a solar eclipse in 1999. the most striking thing for me was the moment when a dark wall came up the street and it suddenly became night and all the traffic lights suddenly turned red. i watch the coverage at youtube, fascinating pictures!

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Here at the rainbow tribe/ subgenius assembly, a lot more than faces are pink. I'm staying covered...shooting a counter culture documentary of the event.

It's cookin here in the high desert Rockies. Sunscreen advised even if cloudy like now....underwhelming eclipse, party on.....!!

edit on 8-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

At 9am Mountain Time this morning I noticed the sun was very bright.

That was pre-eclipse. Totality was shortly after noon here but we only went to 18%.

Weird you noticed the same thing.
edit on 8-4-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Not strange at all it's spring doubt you have been out in the sun that long and it is probably still cool. Just like when people sunburn in the winter it just doesn't feel that hot.

A lot changes with our tolerances and skin as we age we notice it more often. Nothing changes with suns intensity during an eclipse.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It's been nearly 20C in the UK the last week or so at times, once the clouds come it can drift back down to 5C with the right weather patterns.

I'd imagine the amount of daylight hours is very similar for you which is going to be approaching 14 hrs now... It's in the right place to do some damage if you let it and the clouds stay away, be careful with Spring the lingering cold can trick you into thinking the Sun won't do much...

I had sun stroke in April many moons ago lol

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   
its called being old, it happens old friend

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86 I live in Atlantic Canada and it happen today just as you said ...it was so fast also.... I'm sure I could see confusion on every birds face on the grass lol

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone. I could feel the stinging moving across my face. And I was sitting directly facing it evenly in a chair. And I'm always sitting out..

My street went pinkish gold too...n headlights OFF looked like they were on due to suns effect.
edit on 04245030America/ChicagoMon, 08 Apr 2024 20:25:50 -050025202400000050 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join