It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bridge Incident - Faulty Missile Launcher Closes Busy Danish Sea Lane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

An activated but faulty missile launcher on a Danish navy vessel triggered a closure of airspace and shipping traffic in the Great Belt strait on Thursday, the Danish armed forces said.

Denmark’s National Maritime Authority had earlier warned ships not to sail through the Great Belt strait, one of the world’s busiest sea lanes and the main maritime access to the Baltic Sea , due to the risk of “falling missile fragments.”
Faulty Missile Launcher Closes Busy Danish Sea Lane

Cloudy with a chance of falling missile fragments... well that's a new one.

“Until the missile launcher is deactivated, there is a risk that the missile can fire and fly a few kilometers away,” the military added.

The warning covered an area some four kilometers (2.5 miles)south of the Great Belt bridge, which crosses the strait. The bridge remained open to traffic, its operator said.

edit on 4-4-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Tin foil hat firmly in place I'm observing two converging patterns. Incidents and posturing at maritime choke points and malfunctioning (sabotaged or hacked?) hardware.

The Baltimore Bridge destruction was the first incident combining both patterns.
edit on 4-4-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting.
Next hit....Bosphorous & Dardanelles? Suez? What do you see as the strategic shipping lanes that will cause maximum havoc?
I believe there are ships that are already going around Cape Horn instead of waiting for access through the Suez.

Additional journey time will cause increase in prices of everything for companies to make their money back.
Start stocking up now, if you haven't been.
edit on 4-4-2024 by LuciusDriftwood because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Tin foil hat firmly in place I'm observing two converging patterns. Incidents and posturing at maritime choke points and malfunctioning (sabotaged or hacked?) hardware.

The Baltimore Bridge destruction was the first incident combining both patterns.

I have had that same thought running through my mind with the Baltimore incident. I also agree this also has the same "vibe" to it. Question we need to ask is who? Many potential perpetrators. Iran, Russia, N Korea or China all top my list.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LuciusDriftwood

Back in December

Iran threatens to close Strait of Gibraltar and Mediterranean Sea unless Israel stops bombing Gaza

See also this thread of mine regarding new BRICS members along maritime choke points.

BRICS admits 6 new members - geopolitical implications.

new topics

top topics

join