It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The things impossible to get your head around.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just like weather conditions can immobilize there can be things that are like a hair in the butter. You need to live with these things going through the days like it doesn't bother you while feeling like something's got to give. The motor is burning fuel but the wheels aren't spinning.

It can feel so heavy having to live with unresolved issues. You'd wish there was something to say to get you back on track again.

All that is left is a vision of yourself that needs to get up in the morning.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Finding some hair in your food does suck. Tough to resolve that one. As for that occasional strand that blows in the wind and catches your face, they have a nice vibe to it.

To take that heavy pack off, finding a place to say sorry helps. We all make mistakes, trip over learning to walk. Neural networks do require feedback to get stronger and more capable. As shame is in shame, one feedback loop is not as strong as it should be.

I know it is a tough pill to swallow. As one option when at my wits end I decided to at least try it. It helped more that I could imagine.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Sounds like depression. Have you tried not being depressed? No, really. Try it. Keep trying it. You'll fail sometimes, but keep trying. Keep working towards it.

Your happiness is the work and the reward. Don't give up.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Depression is often a comorbid condition. Happiness does help and it can be a choice on approach so to speak but it might also trigger undesirable results like emotional instability, unhelpful thought patterns and stress. If depression was the hair in the butter the problem isn't in the kitchen or the store but the system being used at the factory. I prefer the analogy of a weed, you can keep chopping the top off or even pulling at the root but if you don't remove it all there's a good chance it'll come back.

Sometimes a change in perception is invaluable. Learn to live with weeds, insects love them (is that dandelion in your profile pic?) and maybe churn you own butter

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Most people in first-world countries have it so well that they have forgotten or never knew how hard the struggle can be. Our worries are a tempest in a teacup compared to many others in the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Studies have shown that, since depressions causes a drop in motivation, depressed people have more free time to experience and think about being depressed, which exacerbates the depression. One tool to help with depressions is to do something to keep your mind occupied, off of your depression. It doesn't have to be a responsibility that's been neglected or even something fun. The trick is not to do something "weighty", with expectations. Just do something distracting. Take a walk or just sit outside and listen to the birds. Draw a picture. Even play a video game, etc. Allow yourself this time and, over time, it will make a difference.
edit on 1-4-2024 by Hakaiju because: Added more.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So what is it about the hair in the butter? We usually don't have hair in butter, sometimes in cake you get hair or in some highly prepared dish you make. But I never remember having hair in butter...or maybe I just never noticed it. Crumbs in the butter from buttering toast are a normal around here.

Or is this about the hairs from the corn on the cob in the stick of butter from rolling the corn in it...not human hairs.
edit on 1-4-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Keep moving, it creates the good chemicals...

It ties in with the "tempest in a teacup" comment swampbuck made, many a philosopher has made the connection between great thinkers or those with a big heart suffering in the most profound ways and it seems to be a thing that's historic too. Man got so clever because he had time on his hands, too successful maybe?

I wouldn't necessarily say 3rd world countries are happier than the others but they're definitely more occupied by what we'd call menial stuff.

a reply to: rickymouse

I think it was more to do with the thought a dish or the butter is ruined by a hair, it puts me off and 'ruins' my day... I've never been starving though. Hungry yes, but even then it was mostly self inflicted hunger.

join