It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is now using Chinese armored golf carts on the front lines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

armored chinese golf cart to move troops around.

Got any "Links "

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Let me ask the one question of... if it was the US against Ukraine how long would the war last?

About 20 years. Then we'd just leave without really winning.

See iraq and Afghanistan.

I’m glad I live in a country where we view two prolonged wars and 7k~ soldier deaths as not winning.

I’ll take that over how Russia sees war. They’re potentially losing hundreds of thousands in just a few years, couldn’t even take the country at large, and can’t even display blank signs in a show of protest.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, and a pic

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I say this since the Russian have said it was a humanitarian mission. Zelensky has claimed it was an invasion. If it was a war like the media says it is, then why hasn't the Russians ransacked the entire country be now. Then we have to address the weird oddity of all that equipment getting sent over to Ukraine ending up on the black-market.

Hell of a humanitarian mission. Putin has said it is a...20 different ways so far. What we do know is about a million people were killed or seriously wounded on both sides, we also know Russia has used 20 million artillery that has flattened everything in their path. Putin lately has dropped all pretenses like humanitarian missions, Nazis, bioweapon labs etc. etc. and now just gives history lessons that Ukraine is Russia's and has always been Russia's and that gives him the right to take it any way he feels like.

Also, if all that equipment is ending up on the black market, then why isn't Putin in Kevi?

Now it smells more of a laundry scam of equipment and cash.

I have a friend that was over there in the beginning of this, and what he told me about was sickening. It wasn't the Ukrainians, or even Zelensky himself, it was all about outside influences using the country for less than humanitarian purposes (think human trafficking, black-market for human organs and fluids, and biolabs)

So, is it a real war? What do you think it is?

I think it was a gift from Putin to the West that he put on a golden platter. We need to remember the West didn't do anything for as first few months and then we saw how Putin's army stalled out and it was an oh sh!t moment so we jumped into a proxy war that is costing us almost nothing with no troops involved.

This war from our perspective is to drain Russia into the ground and Putin is following along as his ego will not allow him to stop.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
American military golf cart

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

About 20 years. Then we'd just leave without really winning.

See iraq and Afghanistan.

No, we won both... We win wars easily, it's our occupation part that sucks. Ukraine would be about a month at best. We just do not do the occupation part right like Russia has done. It starts with killing off about a 1/3 of the population to get the ball rolling and we just suck at that part.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Our pentagon is talking about our armed forces running low on stock, the Europeans are running low on stock, the Russians are running low on stock. It almost seems as if all the major powers are running down their stocks for some reason, but not the eastern powers like China and india. What happens when they start pitching in since they have not even really done so, well other than some golf carts clearly.
edit on 3-17-2024 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes but they are fighting a peer adversary fully funded and armed with modern military weapons and the entire intelligence power of at least seven other developed nations, three of them nuclear powers. Not quite the same as blowing up families in the desert at bday parties, funerals, weddings etc.. etc.. that did not have a valid military due to decades of sanctions and virtually zero air defense assets after 24 hours and without three nuclear powers contributing all of their intelligence apparatus signals interceptions, guided targeting, an endless dump of modern weapons system.

It really is no comparison at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Well, at least comparing ww2 era u.s. equipment modern day russia is an apple to apple comparison

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, and a pic

I was using a play on words.

Links (golf)

www.leadingcourses.com...

edit on 17-3-2024 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
a reply to: 5thHead

Well, at least comparing ww2 era u.s. equipment modern day russia is an apple to apple comparison

Is this better?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Russia hasn't been able to overtake Ukraine in two years because the West lifted a pinky.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I wasn’t the one who made the original comparison.

But we were also half way across the globe instead of right next door, dealing with two countries at the same time, and while major powers weren’t involved, the broader Arab and Muslim world were sending fighters.

In either event, my point was that while we broadly achieved objectives, many incredibly fast, we as a society view it as a failure. Because it cost too much in lives and money, and lacked proper justification. The same can’t be said for the invaders in the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh I have a feeling it is costing quite a bit for the Russians, but I think I understand your point. The Russian people support this more because of their perceived threat from NATO military force projection and missiles on the border, and therefore are willing to accept a higher price. Whereas we're like "wtf, why did we invade Iraq again??"
Mind you, we still have plenty in western Iraq as well as eastern Syria.

I also notice a contrast in the Muslim world gladly volunteering to sacrifice themselves to the cause, as opposed to the forced conscription of the Ukrainian males. If they were all in for this war after all, they would not be dressing up as women and trying to leave the country.

Kind of shows the futility in battling against god fearing fighters vs secularists who fear the end of their mortal lives. Seems those with real faith will gladly sacrifice themselves for the cause, as Russia still has no shortage of volunteers in a strong faith based society.

Atheists and secularists tend to overall be less willing to sacrifice themselves as they do not actually believe there is any afterlife waiting for them. This is simply my observation and not any kind not criticism. After all if all your fighters just throw themselves away, it won't be long until one runs out of fighters.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

they have their 3rd string teams fighting ukraine now too
no point bringing new weapons out, when 60 year old ones do the job.
correct?

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Seems like a feature, not a bug of ideology to promise people afterwards.

Makes the time here a little bit more fluid depending on the circumstances.

It does appear certain portions of the worlds societies want to focus on the now more than what’s next. I’m not going to say that’s the “right” way, or that people who believe in a deity are wrong. But I think the competition could be good for how people view geopolitics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join