It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson plays Sen. Katie Britt in a satire of her SOTU rebuttal on ‘SNL’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Is there something wrong with being a mom that it always seems to be used as a joke?

Being a mom is not ''always'' made to be a joke nor is being a mom a joke in itself. Being a mom, a good mom, is one of the two most important responsibilities in the world, the other being a good dad.

So why was this ''mom'' held up for ridicule? Was it because she is a mom? I don't think so. Was it because this little rebuttal was pre written and likely pre recorded and not a rebuttle at all? Was it because the Republican Party decided to use this young woman instead of any one else? Is it possible she was being used as nothing more than a pretty face to deliver this message? Was it to pretend that women should only speak from the confines of their kitchens?

Britt was clearly acting, not acting like a mom but rather as if she was auditioning for a higher place in her parties political structure. Swinging from one emotion to another she over-acted each role in that audition. And the thing here is that she was not performing as a rebuttal to Biden, not acting to sway undecided voters to her message at all. What she was doing with that speech was auditioning to one audience and that audience was one man, Donald Trump. Could it be that we are seeing in the women who are advancing in the Republican Party only one criteria and that is their ability to play to Trump's vanity.

Lol, a tsunami of word salad, solely for the purpose of working Trump in there somehow.
And you accuse her of having hidden agendas, so silly.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

Good morning arctic. Did you just nicely suggest that I, me myself, have a hidden agenda. You think I might be that complex? Well, maybe so, but hidden? Even from myself?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Good morning arctic. Did you just nicely suggest that I, me myself, have a hidden agenda. You think I might be that complex? Well, maybe so, but hidden? Even from myself?

You wrote a big long soliloquy simply to stick Trump in at the very end.
Kind of agenda-like. Kind of hidden, until the last minute, next-to-last word.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It was divinely spot on! Scarlett nailed Britt's insane moody " speech", and it was. hilarious.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I never met this woman nor even heard of her prior to her ''rebuttal'' so of course any observations I might make on what drives her must rely upon that presentation. From what I heard from her it was rather clear that she was not rebutting any of the points made by Biden but only reciting a, soliloquy of her own, if indeed it was her own which I doubt.

It is pretty clear by now that the RINO Republican Party is toast, given way to the Trump Party. Can you disagree with this? Do you still believe that this party is more than a party devoted to the success of one man and by extension of his desires and plans? So, how else might anyone contemplate Britt's soliloquy other than as one more act in the Trumpian Play.

Would you have preferred if I started that post with ''Trump done made her do it'', would that have suited you better?

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I never met this woman nor even heard of her prior to her ''rebuttal'' so of course any observations I might make on what drives her must rely upon that presentation. From what I heard from her it was rather clear that she was not rebutting any of the points made by Biden but only reciting a, soliloquy of her own, if indeed it was her own which I doubt.

It is pretty clear by now that the RINO Republican Party is toast, given way to the Trump Party. Can you disagree with this? Do you still believe that this party is more than a party devoted to the success of one man and by extension of his desires and plans? So, how else might anyone contemplate Britt's soliloquy other than as one more act in the Trumpian Play.

Would you have preferred if I started that post with ''Trump done made her do it'', would that have suited you better?

Yes, I would have. Then we wouldn’t have needed to read 1000 words to get to the unavoidable central theme of “everything is Trumps fault somehow”.

Trump’s got a big ego, but what he’s done for the GOP is more like cleaning out the fakes who pretend to be conservative during election season, and govern like Pelosi the rest of the time. To get their cut of the graft that the dems run, and the invites to the groovy kids’ parties.

I read that Vivek was supposed to do the rebuttal but some folks including McConnell put her in instead. So it may have had nothing to do with Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join