It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia’s FSB anti-Semitic Star of David graffiti campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think this needs attention , the Soviet active measures are alive and well . In 1959, KGB agents had a West German synagogue vandalized , it was part of KGB operation ZARATHUSTRA . And now 2024 the old tactics are again in use hmm . I am sure all here remember the recent protest / antisemitic incidents in many countries , so lets at least be aware that it`s been long used in Kremlin playbook to build division, hatred etc .

France blames Russia’s FSB for anti-Semitic Star of David graffiti campaign

Le Monde said the alleged FSB operation was part of a wider disinformation campaign that also targeted Poland, Spain, Germany, Romania and Austria.

France believes that Russia's security service FSB was behind a campaign in which Star of David graffiti were daubed on buildings in and around Paris last autumn, a French source said Friday.

By: NEWS WIRES

French prosecutors reported in November that 60 such stars had been found in the capital and surrounding suburbs weeks into the war between Israel and Hamas, with the graffiti being interpreted as a threat to Jews. A Moldovan couple was arrested in the case and their alleged handler, a pro-Russian Moldovan businessman, was identified, according to the source who has knowledge of the investigation and who declined to be named. Moldova was a Soviet republic before its independence in 1991. France's international security service DGSI believes the operation was run by the FSB's fifth division that undertakes international operations, the source said, quoting from a secret internal note that was first revealed by the Le Monde newspaper.

The FSB is the main successor agency to the Soviet Union's KGB. Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau said during last year's investigation that the daubings had been made at the "express demand" of an individual residing abroad. The graffiti, which for some brought back memories of the Nazi occupation of Paris during World War II and the deportation of its Jews to death camps, were condemned across the political spectrum. Elisabeth Borne, prime minister at the time, condemned what she called "despicable acts".

The Union of Jewish Students of France said they were designed to mirror the way Jews were forced to wear the stars by the Nazi regime. In the suburb of Saint-Ouen, the stars were accompanied by inscriptions such as "Palestine will overcome". Le Monde said the alleged FSB operation was part of a wider disinformation campaign that also targeted Poland, Spain, Germany, Romania and Austria. DGSI urges vigilance In a recent note seen by AFP on Friday, the DGSI urged French police forces to report even "weak signs" of potential Russian "subversion", such as vandalism, graffiti, posters, stickers and flyers, which are usually aimed at "amplifying divisions" in French society.

The war in the Middle East started after Hamas's unprecedented October 7 attack that resulted in the deaths of about 1,160 people in Israel, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally of official figures. Hamas militants also took hostages, 130 of whom remain in Gaza including 30 presumed dead, according to Israel. Israel's relentless bombardment since has killed at least 29,514 people, mostly women and children, according to the latest count by Gaza's health ministry. France blames Russia for interference in several areas.

France blames Russia for interference in several areas. On Thursday, Defence Minister Sebastien Lecornu said France's air force pilots had been threatened with attack by Russian forces during patrol missions in international air space. His remarks were the latest in a string of French accusations of aggressive Russian behaviour, including alleged cyberattacks and propaganda directed at France. President Emmanuel Macron's government is a major supplier of weapons and aid to Ukraine, which has been fighting Russia's invasion for the past two years. Macron declared last month that Europe's priority must be to "not let Russia win".

The long history of Kremlin using antisemitism :

J anuary 2024 U.S. DEPARTMENT of STATE Global Engagement Center More Than a Century of Antisemitism: How Successive Occupants of the Kremlin Have Used Antisemitism to Spread Disinformation and Propaganda

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It has to be big bad Russia, surely it couldn't be the Muslim hordes that have invaded and colonised cities in Europe.
Keep fearing the bogeyman while ignoring traitors that call themselves M.P.s.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

So all the Muslim migrants the EU invited to Europe from Syria and north Africa that have been rioting and waving Hamas flags was actually a plot by Putin?

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I don't know anyone here in the UK that is in fear of Russia. Do you?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

There was coordination Worlwide , and many protests were in the week-plus following the horrific terrorist attack of October 7 occurred before Israel's expected ground invasion of Gaza, which is intended to root out Hamas. Many of them took place before Israel responded in any significant way.

And if there was FSB operation , it`s meaned to be clandestine ...ideally no traces or proof left who is doing it. So Dont expect to allways see what all is happening in World by reading news .

And obviously the OP did not even say all protest were organized by Russia , did you even read it ?

edit on 24-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Nope , that`s not what the OP says .

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Well, considering Russias involvement in the syrian war, and backed like six coups in Africa. You might be onto something.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

But did you see Tucker Carlson's piece on Russia? How nice they showed me it is? I must say it was very persuasive.

I have been told to think Russia is not that bad as we have been told to believe. This is just a lie of the agenda that seeks to keep us financially obligated to foreign nations through pacts like NATO and progressive values.

If we model ourselves after Russia more, and their values, like Tucker Carlson suggested we should do, we could escape becoming a censored police state full of allowed terminology, where the media is controlled, and the state enforces how you think under penalty of having your life ruined.

And we can do that by emulating Russia! We must move on from the Cold War and realign with them through a shared appreciation for traditional social values!
edit on 24-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Well lets just say that i dont share the optimism about Russia , they had all nice cards in their hands to start going to better direction just after 1991 ,build good relationships , respect sovereign countries .

But they had their own desire to start bad events . They had good opportunity to sell gas/oil to Europe but they screwed that too .

It´s up to Russia to show other countries can trust them , and as of right now they wont even try...doing genocide in Ukraine is bigger priority .

Tucker talk with Putin was not good talk IMO , but lets not get to that .
edit on 24-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Respect is given, respect is returned.

A lot of intolerance come from both sides.

I err on the side of caution in mixed company, but I get your drift.

Ruining someone's life and sending death threats and home addresses of persons who aren't in compliance is causing a lot of problems, but I get what you're on about.

Big Brother and the Junior Spy League.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I am sure all here remember the recent protest / antisemitic incidents in many countries

What a clownish thing to say. The Palestinians are a Semitic people.

The Khazarians running Israel aren't Semites.

Also, everybody on this planet has to deal with negativity against their group engineered by TPTB to divide and conquer so forgive me if a little bit of graffiti ruffles your feathers.

The rest of us are going through worse. In South Africa kill the boer, kill the farmer is an anthem against white people by groups that far outnumber us.

Nobody gives a # about a little graffiti if only the rest of us could have such little affront galvanize the machinations of nation states to right the wrongs committed against us.

Look at Europe and what it has become.

Look at North America.

But oh my, a little bit of graffiti?

Just perhaps people are starting to realize some of the players involved in the global game and how the destruction of the West has become something most people just watch in pure disbelief and shock.

Some watch it with pure disgust.
edit on 25-2-2024 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join