It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an anti semitic car ad for a Mercedes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Camberwell Volkswagen in Victoria Australia have a merc for sale with what is claimed to be a highly offensive octopus in its bonnet!

camberwellvolkswagen.com.au... paign=ATE_AU+l+Camberwell+Volkswagen+%5BAutopact%5D+l+Used+Dynamic+Stock+Ad+East+%28Cranbourne%29++l+Catalogue+Carousel+%7C+202402&fbclid=IwAR05omNzdg Oa4sjO2Iu_Vod-V743LQnN5OWibI3UacQobmEfR5FNJX8G2Vk_aem_AUAm7Q7mSr4yZUps_CD6AqKZpwdxBvjswDUpdtIAYutO85HbGbp7qlRBEYjGHqjs9R8byK5JUi0z7HGwxIFXfcnR

Remember the controversy when Greta thrum berg had an octopus in her stand for Palestine and had an octopus in the frame.

knowyourmeme.com...

I don’t care either way, though here in Victoria everything is now considered anti this or anti that.

Even a registration plate has been deemed anti semitic. I’m not sure, maybe it’s the owners birthday, though it’s now a banned and cancelled plate.

www.news.com.au... a07a942

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
Camberwell Volkswagen in Victoria Australia have a merc for sale with what is claimed to be a highly offensive octopus in its bonnet!

camberwellvolkswagen.com.au... paign=ATE_AU+l+Camberwell+Volkswagen+%5BAutopact%5D+l+Used+Dynamic+Stock+Ad+East+%28Cranbourne%29++l+Catalogue+Carousel+%7C+202402&fbclid=IwAR05omNzdg Oa4sjO2Iu_Vod-V743LQnN5OWibI3UacQobmEfR5FNJX8G2Vk_aem_AUAm7Q7mSr4yZUps_CD6AqKZpwdxBvjswDUpdtIAYutO85HbGbp7qlRBEYjGHqjs9R8byK5JUi0z7HGwxIFXfcnR

Remember the controversy when Greta thrum berg had an octopus in her stand for Palestine and had an octopus in the frame.

knowyourmeme.com...

I don’t care either way, though here in Victoria everything is now considered anti this or anti that.

Even a registration plate has been deemed anti semitic. I’m not sure, maybe it’s the owners birthday, though it’s now a banned and cancelled plate.

www.news.com.au... a07a942

Enlighten me. How is an ocutpus anti-semetic?

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibot3052

www.rollingstone.com...

From the article;

Such propaganda used an octopus to represent perceived Jewis ..

Read more at:
m.timesofindia.com...

Symbols and imag ..

Read more at:
m.timesofindia.com...
edit on 9-2-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Let’s not forget the non Jew Palestians are Semitic too. The whole thing is quite silly, Jews aren’t a race, they should have used the term anti-Jewish as opposed to antisemitism. But the real issue some have is with Zionism, so anti-Zionism would have been the best fit.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Read about that number plate on my news feed. That was a little over the top and probably should’ve never have been made, ‘OCT7TH’ it said… it was in NSW, not Victoria though.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   
***Free all Octopi from this sad stereotyping oppression****

What did an Octopus ever do to ruin anyones world, please
NOW!!!!!
edit on 9/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Antisemitic car ads?
*sigh*

Amazing how quickly I'm watching a bunch of conservatives embrace this woke virtue signaling BS towards the apartheid state of Israel. Israel has become the conservative BLM movement.

Like they say.
"Beware of extremists who will hijack your movement."

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good God.

You know what? I hope it's anti-Semitic. This is just ridiculous.

I wish I had the time to sit around and think up random things and items to conflate into hate symbols.

What if it was an octopus making an "OK" sign with each of it's tentacles? The world would implode.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No it isn't.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Antisemitic car ads?
*sigh*

Amazing how quickly I'm watching a bunch of conservatives embrace this woke virtue signaling BS towards the apartheid state of Israel. Israel has become the conservative BLM movement.

Like they say.
"Beware of extremists who will hijack your movement."

In my observation, right-wing media pundits seem to be the ones always making up these silly mis-associations.

I don't think I have ever seen this kind of nonsense in the general media, but at Breitbarf and FauxNews, hardly a week goes by without them commenting on what they allege is a 'woke' issue.

They'll probably also suggest that this is somehow the fault of "the left" or "the Dems". Just watch...

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For some reason The Boy Who Cried Wolf comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

In my observation, right-wing media pundits seem to be the ones always making up these silly mis-associations.

There's a lot of things you can blame on right-wing media pundits, but when it comes to saying something means something else, that's definitely left-wing bailiwick.

Make America Great is code for white supremacy?

All Lives Matter is racist? Against whom? Things who aren't alive?

I've used the OK and thumbs up gestures for decades, but now there's something wrong with them? If they go after the Vulcan Live Long and Prosper gesture, I will have a useless skill. Well, it is useless, but it's not racist yet.

And now, octopusses (octopi?) are antisemitic. Hydra better change its logo. Being an evil organization bent on world domination is one thing, but being antisemitic, that's not cool.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   

edit on 2/10/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I was walking home with a gallon of milk one day and some kid yelled at me that milk was a symbol of white supremacy.

I told him we ate a lot of cereal and that he was being stupid.

Idiocracy is a real thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

This thread was more or less tongue in cheek, I was pointing out the anti semifinal, with examples on how dunked up this world is.

And pointing out that when something offends this one group, it’s big news.

Forget about any other race, there appears to be only one.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

We're all Human, after all is said and done.

Full of beautiful flaws.

To pretend otherwise is folly.

top topics

join