It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rating Social Media for Government Surveillance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Sorry to wander (again) from your core topic, but this illustrates another downside of the "global society". We can connect with practically anyone, but can't really trust them because we have no idea who they really are.

Oddly enough, even though I have no idea who you really are, I get the sense of a solid, straightforward person on the "other end of the line"; you strike me as the kind of person who would lend a hand to a neighbor in need of help.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Sorry to wander (again) from your core topic, but this illustrates another downside of the "global society". We can connect with practically anyone, but can't really trust them because we have no idea who they really are.

Oddly enough, even though I have no idea who you really are, I get the sense of a solid, straightforward person on the "other end of the line"; you strike me as the kind of person who would lend a hand to a neighbor in need of help.

Cheers

That's very kind of you.
I'm fairly straightforward and I prefer hard truths to soft lies, so I carefully word what I say, here and during face-to-face conversations. Also, I would help almost anyone if I felt I could. On the other hand, I've been in these moods where I felt like I could beat people down just for giving me a look. I've always been a non-violent pacifist, but for about the last ten years, I've thought about using violence on occasions.

<< 1   >>

join