It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black sphere filmed in 4k cruising

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

It's a balloon, but not just a balloon, it must have something like a drone attached moving the balloon.

Well that I found peculiar because a balloon wobbles, if I was in a blackopp R&D program I would put up some kind of balloon sign and test that thing out ?

But yes it may be a sophisticated prank where they have managed to create a drone like sphere according to our technology and even with aliexpress materials and pull this one off

Or they used the balloon as an overlaying effect to later on edit the whole thing afterwards?

But then using that amazone sign as overlaying effect, that part doesn't stroke with me.

Hopefully the pranksters will on a later time frame explaine their hoax?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

It's a balloon, but not just a balloon, it must have something like a drone attached moving the balloon.

Well that I found peculiar because a balloon wobbles, if I was in a blackopp R&D program I would put up some kind of balloon sign and test that thing out ?

But yes it may be a sophisticated prank where they have managed to create a drone like sphere according to our technology and even with aliexpress materials and pull this one off

Or they used the balloon as an overlaying effect to later on edit the whole thing afterwards?

But then using that amazone sign as overlaying effect, that part doesn't stroke with me.

Looks like a spherical drone.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Kosimir
I can't see how a balloon will be moving so fast and in this way if it's a real balloon filled with air.
If something is pushing a balloon like that, it could move like that, but it won't move like that just from wind.

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Seeing the capabilities of these drones is fascinating. It makes me more curious why they are not used to get rid of evil people.
If you're Ukrainian and you think the Russians who obey orders to invade your country and try to kill you are evil, drones are used to kill those evil people. Sometimes they fly above the Russian trenches and drop grenades or mortar rounds on the Russians. Or drop a mortar round into a tank opening and kill the tank crew inside.

Some Russians refuse to go and kill Ukrainians. They have to spend something like 10 years in prison, but at least Ukrainian drones aren't killing them, they are not evil.

You mean they have attached something on the balloon?

But any device would be heavier than the balloon itself so I am inclined to think this is a spherical drone or maybe there is an edit somewhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Farboso

But any device would be heavier than the balloon itself so I am inclined to think this is a spherical drone or maybe there is an edit somewhere.
Why is being heavier than the balloon a problem? Quadcopters are heavier than a balloon but they fly just fine.

If I understand the hypothesis in this video, it's that yes something heavier than the balloon like a drone which can fly is somehow attached to the balloon and pushes the balloon around:

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
a reply to: 0bserver1

That isn't the wind moving the balloon around, that is just the drone quickly flying up and down, left and right, and its moving the balloon in relation to the background (parallax). That is why it seems like intelligent movement. This video shows an example at the end:

But another poster has claimed it's not a drone but a CGI prank.

originally posted by: DaydreamerX
The title is misleading. The object was not 'cruising'.

It is a for fun video. CGI fake. Not even a drone. Superimposed image of a 'drone' with a 'give away' details for emusiment.
I would like to see more details to support that claim, but however it was done, it looks like some kind of prank.

I haven't seen anything to rule out either possibility yet.

If it's a drone attached to a balloon, depending on how it's attached, that could cut down on the wobbling, because drones can be very stable.

Maybe, I'm not sure what they did yet.

edit on 20231220 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Why is being heavier than the balloon a problem? Quadcopters are heavier than a balloon but they fly just fine.

If I understand the hypothesis in this video, it's that yes something heavier than the balloon like a drone which can fly is somehow attached to the balloon and pushes the balloon around:

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
a reply to: 0bserver1

That isn't the wind moving the balloon around, that is just the drone quickly flying up and down, left and right, and its moving the balloon in relation to the background (parallax). That is why it seems like intelligent movement. This video shows an example at the end:

But another poster has claimed it's not a drone but a CGI prank.

originally posted by: DaydreamerX
The title is misleading. The object was not 'cruising'.

It is a for fun video. CGI fake. Not even a drone. Superimposed image of a 'drone' with a 'give away' details for emusiment.
I would like to see more details to support that claim, but however it was done, it looks like some kind of prank.

I haven't seen anything to rule out either possibility yet.

If it's a drone attached to a balloon, depending on how it's attached, that could cut down on the wobbling, because drones can be very stable.

Maybe, I'm not sure what they did yet.

If something is attacked let's at the top or bottom of the balloon we will be to see the ballon also moving to its left or right like a tilt depending on the relative motion the drone and the wind.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Farboso

If it’s not a ballon, then what is it? And why would it be is some video.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What is the actual motion of the balloon? And what is induced motion by the camera moving?

I can point a fixed camera straight out the back window of a pickup truck and turn the truck sharp to make a tree line appear to move fast. You know it’s the truck. But if it was say a bird in the sky and there was no reference like a tail gate, and I turned the truck sharp. How do you know if the camera turned or the bird turned?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Perhaps a spherical drone.
The motion of the object is erratic and very fast for being a balloon. Usually balloons float in the medium they travel (air)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was actually in the Reddit form when this was posted there. I was extremely impressed by the sheer speed of action by those guys and girls. in less than half hour someone had figured out that it was covered, then within 15 minutes they found the balloon on Amazon. I was pretty impressed.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That is very interesting, stuff I didn't know, thank you for the videos as well checking them out now

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Perhaps a spherical drone.
The motion of the object is erratic and very fast for being a balloon. Usually balloons float in the medium they travel (air)

Is it the balloon, or the appearance of motion in the way it was film from a drone.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Is it the balloon, or the appearance of motion in the way it was film from a drone.
In the first 4 minutes, I can see the possibility for "appearance of motion in the way it was film from a drone" when a lot of the motion is unidirectional (when it looks like the balloon is falling, for example), but when it gets to say 4:10 to 5:15, it seems far less likely to be parallax given how difficult it would be to maneuver the drone with the camera so quickly to create those erratic back and forth and change of direction motions. Watch in particular say 4:10 to 4:20, do you really think that could be parallax? Seems very unlikely to me.

Wind can do some strange stuff, so it's hard to rule out wind but if that's wind this surely has to be one of the stranger examples of the effects of wind, from 4:10-5:15.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-12-2023 by Farboso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Is it only me?

Fake. Superimposed image over previously filmed background.

I will explain. Not in any instance the object goes out of focus.
Second, in the beginning of the film, the object mimics the movements that is consistent of the movements described by Navy pilots...sporadic, insect-like.

Third, why the makers of the video did not 'turn' the object to the angle where the 30 anniversary writing was not visible?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This video might explain some of the visual effects or illusions from how our brain processes visual cues.

It covers how our brains work with sight foreshortening. Parallax of close objects vs the distance background.

It’s under 12 minutes, and packs lots of information in the short view time.

Interesting, but you might not trust your eyes again.

edit on 6-1-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join