It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin B12 could boost tissue repair, help treat ulcerative colitis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is very exciting news! It is hard to believe that tissues in the body could actually be repaired by B12! Make sure to always consult with a medical professional before taking anything though. Many people are deficient in multiple vitamins and minerals and they can help see which ones you are lacking in.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Nov 29 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ForestSpirit12

B12 is just one of multiple vitamins that people might be deficient in. There's also vitamins B-2, B-6, D, C, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc among other things. this is why education about nutrition is so important. i think that whenever people have a yearly checkup they should see a nutritionist as well. i also think check ups should be more frequent but that is a different story

www.healthline.com...
edit on 29-11-2023 by ForestSpirit12 because: link to common deficiencies

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/30/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ForestSpirit12

You know, Vitamin B12 deficiency is also linked to depression.
"Vitamin B12 plays a critical role in the production of dopamine and serotonin, neurotransmitters that help regulate your mood. When you don’t get enough B12 in your diet, or your body doesn’t process it correctly, it can lead to mental health symptoms, such as depression, irritability, or anxiety1. Low levels of vitamin B12 can lead to a range of neurological symptoms, including depression2. 2020 research suggests that vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, may be helpful in improving mood and reducing symptoms of depression in some people1. It’s well-known that a deficiency in vitamin B12 can result in neurological and psychiatric problems, including depression, irritability, and memory loss1. A large 2017 study in Taiwan indicates that high levels of homocysteine have been associated with a higher risk of depression, as well as other health issues such as heart disease and stroke1. Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to higher levels of an amino acid known as homocysteine1. Types of vitamin B include Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic acid (B5), Pyridoxine (B6), Biotin (B7), Folate (B9), and Cobalamin (B12)1. Since your body doesn’t make vitamin B12, it’s important to get enough in your diet. Here are some food sources of vitamin B12: clams, liver (beef or chicken), fish (salmon, trout, tuna, sardines), meat (beef, pork, lamb), poultry (chicken, turkey), and eggs1" - Bings AI ChatGPT 4.

I have anxiety (social mostly) and depression. I do take a Mega B vitamin pill mostly every day and I notice that my mood is a lot better when I do, also I just feel better. B vitamins are known for giving you energy, waking you up. I'm Australian. There is a lot of B vitamin in vegemite. So I definately try not to eat that in the night time, before bed. If you do, you are more awake, or at least that's how I feel.

However I am going to buy some specific B12 vitamin pills and see if that has any difference.

Also, I take a supplement called NMN every month or so.

"At specific doses, NMN supplements may help improve insulin sensitivity and heart function and reduce tiredness with few side effects. But it’s a good idea to ask your …
If you’re interested in aging and longevity innovations, you may have heard of NMN, which stands for nicotinamide mononucleotide."
- Top words after a "Bing" search of "NMN Supplement".

Essentially NMN is mean't to help your cells revert back to a younger time.

There were studies done in mice, and they had mice of the equivilancy of human age of 90 years old, running marathons...

You know, it's funny. I actually came down with Type 2 Diabetes. My fault for drinking a ton of sugar free, diet, caffeinated, carbonated drinks; for a long time, AND also taking NMN at the same time.

When I was doing those drink and living a bad lifestyle, and THEN my Pancreas went and carked it on me. I did some research afterwards and I researched that NMN also helps increase Insulin Resistance... which also in conjunction with that insulin resistance i was making my cells have by drinking "sugar free" drinks, It was too much for my pancreas to handle and it closed up shop.

I ended up doing a 7 day 14 hour water fast (that's the total time from my last meal to when i started eating again, thought normally they say fasting begins after 8 hours since your last eating).

During that time, supposedly my HGH (Human Growth Hormones) should have been at 1,400% the normal levels. During that time the cells of my body should be reducing thier insulin resistance. When you do such a water fast, the body enters regeneration mode, cleaning the bad stuff out of your body, outside of the cells, AND inside of the cells. Tackle cancer cells, create new stems cells far and wide, to help regenerate the body.

Two and a half months later, I was healed. Not type 2 diabetic. But let me tell you my friends... I didn't go crazy on sugar at first, it was a slow grind, but after about 2 months, I was drinking energy drinks, sugar alcoholic drinks, every day generally.

I did this for about 3 months, But then I noticed the same issue i noticed leading up to being type 2 diabetic. More muscle cramps, long vision starts so go blurry, etc. Not good.

So i stopped with the sugar, and everything is fine again.

However, that NMN I was taking when I was drinking all the sugar free diet, carbonated cola, Well at that time I did a google search and found out that NMN if you take more than the recommended dose, it's meant to INCREASE INSULIN RESISTANCE. I was doing that also at the time. Hence, pancreas closed up shop.

Then i did the water fast, healed it, etc.

Now I do a search using microsofts Bing search, and I see that NMN is meant to INCREASE INSULIN SENSITIVITY...

Funny how things work. Too much of it: creates resistance, normal levels of it: increases sensitivity.

When you do a water fast, it increases sensitivity. I thought it was a B12 type variation but I think it is more of a B3.

new topics

top topics

join