It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poésie of Yoga

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

This is exactly what I said

Physical yoga is about reducing pain not inducing it, you don’t push yourself beyond what is discomfort, you might actually injure yourself.

Pushing yourself beyond discomfort and avoiding it aren’t the same thing.

How about you stop pushing your condescending crap and bs and learn what real yoga is?

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

this was my light-hearted satirical recounter of my yoga class.

And I don't know what you think your contribution to it is, but you miss the point 100%

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Cool, my contribution is yoga isn’t about “no pain no gain” I know of plenty of people who inadvertently injured themselves pushing to hard to perform poses to advanced for them. I thought I made that clear enough.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

that's cool and all.
But current research disagrees

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

From your link.

Conclusion
All three approaches support considering yoga a complex adaptive system that exhibits unique benefits as a pain management system.

As I said previously, physical yoga is about reducing pain, not inducing it.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

lol

ok you do you.
you contradict yourself and you are wrong.

no matter how many cheers you put at the end of your posts, you have no idea what I do when doing yoga and you have not even understood the OP in general and admitted as much yourself.

so....

whatever curl up into a ball and feel good about yourseslf

if you want to talk quotes

5.1. Evidence overviews

The efficacy and operational pathways of yoga are sufficiently documented to allow comparisons to the established pathways of the pain response system. A review of existing literature suggests that both pain stimuli and the practice of yoga interact with many of the same systems in the peripheral and central nervous system, with the therapeutic effects of yoga often addressing the most detrimental side-effects of pain responses.

in ordinary English they basically say: yoga is pain

edit on 24-11-2023 by FurPerson because: add

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

lol

yoga is pain?

listen to yourself lecturing me, when you yourself are just holding up a mirror.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I know what you mean its working ones way into poses slowly to where it's a neutral of neither pleasure nor pain til you can get into the pose where it's the same neutral manner.

I'm typically in a Burmese sitting(cross legged) asana an average of 13 to 16 hours out of the 24 an hour or 2 both feet on floor or left leg crossed over the right. Other than walking to do what I need to do and sleeping.

Used to be I couldn't just sit for more than a half hour without wanting to get up... forcing myself to sit 12 hours once in those 1/2 hr days was like bone shattering painful and didn't want to do again for a long time.

Working up to sitting for over 10 continuous hours takes a lot of practice; maybe buying a low desk and attaching a steering wheel or handlebars to it would help people learn to sit longer that say they cant. :p

Standing for over 15 minutes is like a sledgehammer hitting every vertebrae due to over forty years of skateboarding and that upper thigh bone dull aching throb growing pain esque sciatica starts. Meaning if vertical I have to keep walking or it just sucks.

edit on 24-11-2023 by crowf00t because: sp clarity

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yeah, there is definitely something Majestic about Yoga. If I tried to bend like that, I would be crippled for life. There must be some sort of Majick involved in being able to bend like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

What's wrong is the feel good crowd who are afraid of pushing beyond their comfort zones.

When it comes to yoga, you aren't going to find anyone that even knows where to push anything in a crowd. Feel good or not.

A lot of the sort of thing that you posted is written to satisfy the ever present need in American society to have anything having to do with health somehow slotted in as having some application within the western medical paradigm. It started out because folks had to couch everything in that sort of language in order to secure money for grants and research and all that stuff. Now it pervades everything that you find related to the subject. Like corporate-business-cant has infested soap operas.

You had better pull yourself together before you end up as one of the many misguided Americans that take up yoga like it's military PT and wrack themselves up good.

I feel better now having done my due diligence.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

Personally, in this thread, the danger I see is how many people have zero sense of humor and the urge to feel important by giving warnings and advice literally nobody was asking for or wanted.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

Personally, in this thread, the danger I see is how many people have zero sense of humor and the urge to feel important by giving warnings and advice literally nobody was asking for or wanted.

Now, now. I began to re-read your thread and didn't have to go far to find that it was clearly you, who lost their sense of humour first.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

because the stupid is annoying
I'm only human you know?
I have low tolerance for condescending idiots.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

There's wisdom in the extremes robbing others of finding their own; May seem like a kind thing to do... But me being one of those that dive without looking just for the wisdom?

Apologies

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

You're not one of the condescending idiots.
You're weird (like remote writing personified lol) but you always come from your own experiences and not judge mine.
I can totally respect that and appreciate it even.

No apologies required

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If I came across as condescending in my initial reply, I didn't mean it, I was rushing and could have worded it better maybe so apologies. But there's no need to refer to me as an idiot, I'm genuinely concerned about people injuring themselves pushing to hard while practicing yoga.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

As if could ever have anyone else's experience other than mine...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join