It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a semi solution for Elderly & Young Housing issues

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It will probably work as long as the government does not get involved in it at all. Everything the government gets involved in gets complicated and expensive.

A church group is probably the only thing I can possibly think that could succeed in this kind of thing. I cannot see it happening in a capitalist society because it would be shot down by big businesses that make money with multiple rentals, most being started with government funding.

When I was young, the young used to help out their elderly neighbors in our community, it was common back then. Now it seems that the kids would rather stick the old in nursing homes and neighbors are not helping these people anymore. The senior centers around here do have some programs these days though.

I helped a lot of old people who needed it when I was younger, and if I did do small jobs for them in my business, I didn't charge too much, I did it after I worked for the day and the guys were gone home. Did lots of replacement of storm doors and other small jobs for people from way less than I regularly charged.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like a nice idea but then I think of all the elder abuse that could happen. I have seen too much of it where I live.

I do think that using old malls as apartments would be a great idea for anyone. It think in some areas they have done this and it appears to be working out nicely.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like a nice idea but then I think of all the elder abuse that could happen. I have seen too much of it where I live.

I do think that using old malls as apartments would be a great idea for anyone. It think in some areas they have done this and it appears to be working out nicely.

I’ve seen elder abuse too. There would have to be something in place to prevent that.
Maybe that’s one of the roles?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join