It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Republicans Lose and Why Populism Grows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 31331Dos

"Little Sister" and Big Brother? Is there some kind of code being passed around here? Hmmm... Am I on a list now?
Nudge nudge, wink wink, saaaay no more say no mooore, Eh, eh? Say no more,

Opps, back to topic, I think that populism grows is because people have a real tendency to accept simple answers to complex question and issues.
edit on 3122911122023Nov2023-11-10T00:29:27-06:00020232023 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why Republicans lose? Seems there are no "Republicans" anymore. It seems there is only the MAGA party that will kiss Trumps azz no matter what he does or they are RINOs. Right?

Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that republicans have no real platform other than tax cuts for the rich that should be offset by cutting social security. Although I guess they do also want to get rid of pesky regulations that keep the giant corporations from polluting our air and water even more.

You hate the FBI because Trump told you too. You hate our intel agencies because Trump sided with Putin over their assessments.

You think Republicans' lose because a few voted for 300 million for a building? Magats have no problem with over 100 million going to Trump to play golf. No problem with him stealing from his charity, no problem with his demeaning Americans,

There is no Republican party any more, only magats and rinos.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Lumenari

Hate to fry your brain on this, but we spend somewhere between 3 and 5 trillion a year on black ops.

Wut?

That and the 99% of democrats are progressive with 70% of republicans?

Maybe politicians, but not the populace.

I think you’re just typing numbers, no offense.

No offense taken and I was talking about the politicians.

Most of the populace doesn't even know what a Progressive is, although the movement has been around over 100 years and Democrats when working for votes fight about who is more Progressive... I'm thinking the infighting between Hillary and Bernie and Obama on who was more Progressive. As for the numbers, just call me a liar on that and go forward. Because nobody will ever know what those actual numbers are. I just extrapolated the number from the 80's and 90's to 2020...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 31331Dos

Ah ok. So you're in the know. So high ranking that you are in on what only a handful of the most powerful people are in on, the super top secret black budget. Too bad you can't talk about it because of an NDA.

Hillary, is that you?

I never said anything like that.

I was just pointing out that as someone on a conspiracy site, you seem to be woefully ignorant on what black ops is.

Two other things...

A cook on a sub has a TS clearance.

So throwing that out means nothing to me.

Second, my NDA isn't "convenient"

It's downright painful to me at this point in our history.

However, the thought of an 8 by 16 in solitary for the rest of my natural life isn't... appealing.

So sorry that you can't once again just do your own due diligence.

My post to you on ATS was taken down as "ill mannered".

I had toned it down.

edit on 000000011America/Chicago11pmFri, 10 Nov 2023 21:12:26 -060012 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: 31331Dos

"Little Sister" and Big Brother? Is there some kind of code being passed around here? Hmmm... Am I on a list now?
Nudge nudge, wink wink, saaaay no more say no mooore, Eh, eh? Say no more,

Opps, back to topic, I think that populism grows is because people have a real tendency to accept simple answers to complex question and issues.

Big brother and little sister are military terms of endearment between females in the theater and males in the theater.

There is actually a very specific reason why they are used that way, if you would care to learn why...

But you won't.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

oh, you had me for a moment there L. I was thinking to myself, well, that makes sense as you have at other times presenting information that broadens my scope of things. I was about to thank you for that as I have at other times, but then you went and got snarly about it. Oh well.

if you would care to learn why...

But you won't.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

oh, you had me for a moment there L. I was thinking to myself, well, that makes sense as you have at other times presenting information that broadens my scope of things. I was about to thank you for that as I have at other times, but then you went and got snarly about it. Oh well.

if you would care to learn why...

But you won't.

I apologize for that.

Today is a day for me when I think about those I served with and those that didn't come back.

Not your fault at all.

The term little sister and big brother came about when women entered the combat field.

Let me set the scene...

You are a 24 year old female in a place that you are going to be with for 90-180 who knows days.

Your only source of communication to any significant other or spouse is the mail system.... but they read your mail and you are not allowed to sent photos.

You are surrounded by a lot of men in their prime of life that are physically perfect and they have not been laid in 90-180 or whatever days.

We started to refer to each other as brothers and sisters to kinda short out the impulse to have sex with each other.

We were in a place where you would wake up and not know if you were going to live through the day.

All the while wondering what our spouses and significant others were doing to each other on base while we were gone for 3 to 6 months without us.

So the term Big Brother and little sister is a military thing... we would gladly die for each other, but we still needed to be in a mental place where we could go back to our spouses or significant others and not be cheaters.

Unfortunately, the majority of times we would come back and have to deal with our spouses or significant others having cheated on us because they got bored..

edit on 000000011America/Chicago11pmSat, 11 Nov 2023 22:22:24 -060022 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Given their terribly compromised history of involving FBI agents in various plots and persecution of Americans over political views they should PAYING their victims restitution for false imprisonment, entrapment and more. If the American people cannot restrain their own government it has outgrown it's usefulness and must be TOTALLY REPLACED.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   

This may seem a bit trite by now, but I want to say Thank you for your Service, and your Sacrifice.

I almost joined the military when I was 18. I went to the induction center for the physical. You know that part where they say, take the oath, or leave now. I chickened out and left. Why? Because I was the ONLY female in a huge room full of 18-25 year old men. I sat at lunch alone and was stared at the entire time, and so many smirks behind their hands. I didn't even get a hello from a single one of them. I wasn't a bad looking gal. Had plenty of dates and boyfriends in HS. Was in good weight and shape, and the recruiter was super happy to be working with me, promising me the world. I didn't get a single hello. I think if I had or if there had been even one other woman on the bus, in the center, in the lunchroom, I would have signed and taken the oath.

This was 1973. There were times I regretted it, and times I was glad I didn't go.

I ended up working as a civilian for the Navy. Big deal. Cush job. I worked with active duty men and women, enlisted and officers. I'm ashamed of chickening out after knowing these young people.

I offer you special respect today, from a gal that wouldnt, couldn't make the cut. Thank you.

edit on 11/12/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I did not serve. Draft, 1967 and my number was 6 in the lottery. The physical was beyond me as I was asthmatic from early childhood. Could not even run the entire track in hs gym. Coaches belittled me. Back then it took the service physical to prove my problems were not ''emotional'' as it had been labeled by my father, a WW11 Pacific vet and first Sargent in the reserves. I was 4f'ed.

The military life is way outside of my experience, my hats off for those who have been though it. For a long while I was bitter and even became antagonistic in my regards those who served. It took years of listening and paying attention to my friends and work mates who had been in SE Asia to and come back seriously harmed from the grueling task they undergone.

Yet still I find difficulty in taking into account that many here have undergone this deep life forming experience and so have developed in ways that I will never truly understand. Never. I am not you.

What I did L, because I could not serve, decided to to what I could to help not only our nation but the world in other ways. In that I decided to develop my religious tendencies. Making a long and complex story short, I happened across a group that called itself the Unification Church. Their stated goal was to unify the denominations of Christianity. I joined and before I knew it was sucked into a cult run by a man who had been a Christian leader in Korea before that war. He was Sun Myung Moon and they were the moonies. It took me four years to grasp my self out and if you will believe it years, no, decades to overcome the damage those years did to me.

Anyway, I appreciate your candor and I hope you mine. I hope to not spoil it by saying something trite so I will end here with only this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join