It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was no Hack .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

that was no surprise, at least not to me. What really surprised me is how many of regular ats posters went right along having fun while they could...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Could be something along these lines ^^^ .
edit on 27-10-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It’s a catch22 if it’s not a hack.

On the good side, it shows that the owner is having someone maintaining the site.

Bad news is they are hiring idiots that don’t know what they are doing.

More bad news is we’ve learned that we will never get transparency and the owner is never going to communicate with us.

*cough cough* fediverse *cough*

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That's all well and good but entire episode illustrated something very important. The mods, super mods, admins, owners didn't create a temporary account to tell us what was happening. Things that make you go "huh."

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam1

Yeah, definitely this. The "you got trolled" ad has been up for a while now. People thinking it wasn't coordinated by/with the "new" owners aren't paying enough attention to details.

Mysterious new owners who refuse to tell anyone who they are put up a Lou Troglodyte (you got trolled) ad for months on end and it just so happens that a floodgate of trolls is opened onto the board "randomly"?

Yeah, give me a break. Seems coordinated and planned. Still not a peep from any of the "new" owners explaining what happened either.
edit on 27-10-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

AI tried web design: Result - Ctrl+Alt+Delete

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

edit on 10/27/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Funny, another AI just got through and spammed.
That's that post removed just above mine.
And right after a mod/s deleted its stuff,
the site went down for me with another 522 error.

Now that I'm back some of the visual elements are missing.
I've refreshed pages several times.
The stars and all the icons come up as black squares.

Is it like that now for anyone else?

If so, then maybe correlation does equal causation this time.

edit on 27/10/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam1

That's all well and good but entire episode illustrated something very important. The mods, super mods, admins, owners didn't create a temporary account to tell us what was happening. Things that make you go "huh."

Mods and Super mods don't have that kind of Control , Only Admins and the Owner have that kind of control.

The Owner is clearly some 'Weekend at Bernie's ' type he is checked out mate .

This was an Admin or FORMER Disgruntled Admin who came in the back door just to prove a point . This was not just some random Black hat on a malicious hack , if that were the Case ATS would be toast.

This was an inside job yes but the question is ...To what ends and why ???

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:54 AM
link   

edit on Sat Oct 28 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They couldn't make any kind of account because the couple admins we used to have got demoted my Darko sometime back so no one could reverse anything he did. So the only ones capable of doing anything at all were MIA for 5 months. I wont go into detail about how things were fixed but the story is out there and not too hard to find. We all got very lucky there was someone who cared enough from the outside to step in and band-aid this for us. That said the site is by not means fixed...its just usable to us now where before it was broken and not usuable to anyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

They couldn't make any kind of account because the couple admins we used to have got demoted my Darko sometime back so no one could reverse anything he did. So the only ones capable of doing anything at all were MIA for 5 months. I wont go into detail about how things were fixed but the story is out there and not too hard to find. We all got very lucky there was someone who cared enough from the outside to step in and band-aid this for us. That said the site is by not means fixed...its just usable to us now where before it was broken and not usuable to anyone.

Meaning ' Long story short ' it could easily happen again.

There are clearly leaks on the ATS ship that need to be fixed.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The Turks are the ones that like to gloat hack and plant a flag...

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join