It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in a tsunami warning in East Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The only information I have right now is with this link so I don't think it's a very severe tsunami coming in but it's like one meter high.
www.reuters.com...
edit on 1000000015012023-10-05T02:01:15-05:00011510am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Are you over there in that area riding your bike ? Stay safe ….even though I really look forward to your posts , your safety is the most important. .Hopefully there aren’t any stronger quakes to come , and please be careful !

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As per your source, a tsunami advisory was issued not a tsunami warning. Though the article is inconsostent in using either designation. Multiple other sources show it was just an advisory and is already cancelled.

Japan lifts a tsunami advisory issued after an earthquake hit near its outlying islands

abcnews.go.com...

The difference being that with an advisory you have the potential for a destructive tsunami while a warning means a damaging wave is guaranteed.
edit on 5-10-2023 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
As per your source, a tsunami advisory was issued not a tsunami warning. Though the article is inconsostent in using either designation. Multiple other sources show it was just an advisory and is already cancelled.

Japan lifts a tsunami advisory issued after an earthquake hit near its outlying islands

abcnews.go.com...

The difference being that with an advisory you have the potential for a destructive tsunami while a warning means a damaging wave is guaranteed.

Thanks the information I got was really very current it just popped up on my telephone and of course I thought I would post it because I believe there's other members here that live in Japan also plus we have a worldwide audience and it's good to know what's happening around the world but yeah it's good that it turned out to be nothing really about them got to be careful with these tsunamis right now.
I'm actually cycling in the tropical Islands of Okinawa right now and I'll be doing the cycling for a couple more months here and I wish I could post pictures because it's so beautiful here and I don't know why I can't post pictures when you guys can.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Are you over there in that area riding your bike ? Stay safe ….even though I really look forward to your posts , your safety is the most important. .Hopefully there aren’t any stronger quakes to come , and please be careful !

I'm actually on the Okinawan Islands riding my bike and it is freaking hot I'll be here for a couple months during the tropical Islands off of Okinawa it's really so beautiful here and I'm doing camping it's really cheap like $4 a day they have showers and cooking facilities only four bucks a day can you imagine that.
I wish I can post a pictures but I guess I could post a link of cycling if you guys are interested again I think I've posted a link for those that were already interested in following my Tokyo cycling club blog I guess I can call it.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Check out Dutchsinse on YT. If he’s correct these are the pre cursers he’s usually never direct in warnings but has Japan on alert for a 7.6 or larger in next few days. He usually pretty spot on with his warnings and forecasting. If I live there I’d be aware and prepared

Sanethinking

top topics

join